Tubs of 'Lift' - reduced by £1 in Morrison's

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just found these this morning so bought a few. These were in Liverpool but probably worth checking if you're in any Morrison's supermarket.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would assume most T1 diabetics would know what Lifts are

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I have NEVER heard of them. I looked at the link and thought oh, teabags! Now I see they are the brand name of glucose tablets..which of course I have heard of.

Reactions: lovinglife

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m T2 and curious what are lifts - @Riva_Roxaban your link requires me to register with Morrisons which I don’t want to do so I’m none the wiser ;)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have NEVER heard of them. I looked at the link and thought oh, teabags! Now I see they are the brand name of glucose tablets..which of course I have heard of.
Our posts obviously crossed :)

Reactions: KK123

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
you may have known the brand as GlucoTabs, they were relaunched inder the new brand name Lift in 2019

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My comment wasn't meant as offensice to T2'a btw, I just stated it because it was posted in "Type 1 Diabetes"

Reactions: KK123

Mrs HJG

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nope, not a clue what a tub of Lift was - I thought it was the Lemon Tea, and wasn't sure I'd have time to boil the kettle and wait for it to cool to treat a hypoo_O

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry I didn't include the old brand name now. I posted this in a hurry, trying to cook, doing hand washing and tidy up all at the same time. Apologies.

Reactions: Mrs HJG

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
My local Asda store only recently started selling them, last batch I bought a few weeks back were priced at 45p per tube. A wee bargain!

D

Deleted member 543160

@Riva_Roxaban's link weirdly shows
Clipper Organic Pure Green Tea 80 Unbleached Bags 213g (Offer price £3, was £3.75)
as the first item, but also - and correctly -
Lift Raspberry Fast-Acting Glucose 50 per pack (Offer price £3, was £3.75)

I admit I was somewhat "confuzzled" initially as I'd never heard of teabags being sold in tubs!!o_Oo_Oo_O

So, searching on the Morrison's site for Lift, results show firstly tubs of Lift Instant tea in various flavours, then those Clipper Tea Bags, and eventually after that a selection of Lift Fast Acting Glucose tablets/chews....including the reduced raspberry ones.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have NEVER heard of them. I looked at the link and thought oh, teabags!
@Riva_Roxaban's link weirdly shows
Clipper Organic Pure Green Tea 80 Unbleached Bags 213g (Offer price £3, was £3.75)
as the first item, but also - and correctly -

The teabags were first cab off the rank, the next six items were all Lift product.

Beating-My-Betes

As far as I'm aware, the 'Lift' being referred to is instant lemon-tea. It's a mixture of normal tea, with lemon-flavour and comes in granules much like instant coffee. My mum always drank it, when we were kids and I used to enjoy it, also. I've now recently started drinking a Spanish equivalent, and really love it :)

https://www.liftdrinks.com/products

scorpius14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
mini bags of tangy haribo do it for me, glucotabs have in the past set off my gag reflex and make me choke once or twice, mini coke cans used to be but are bad for teeth as they are both acidic and sugary