What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone libre 6.2
Contour 5.4
Really weird how having a protein shake with unsweetened almond milk at bedtime gets me into the 5’s
Gym before work this morning
Have a good day everyone

Reactions: karen8967

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning after washing my hands. 5.5 before I washed them. Also put hand cream on just before bed last night (the skin on my hands is falling apart spectacularly just now, as it always does in cold/dry weather)

I might have to do another test with the hand cream - I didn't really suspect it of evil intent as it's a completely bland and neutral one, but I suspect there's something in there that ups the number.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Go Team D. Every day managing the beast inside is like winning your own Superbowl. @mojo37 you are welcome. @DEBBIESCOTT I won't need to shift more blocks today then since you've done that part. @Estragon hope the optician goes well - if you see a party do let u-know-oo what they look like. Use my average Stabbo fbg since we're mates. Meh, but I'm still here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-09 10.01.29.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-09 10.01.29.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Go Team D. Every day managing the beast inside is like winning your own Superbowl. @mojo37 you are welcome. @DEBBIESCOTT I won't need to shift more blocks today then since you've done that part. @Estragon hope the optician goes well - if you see a party do let u-know-oo what they look like. Use my average Stabbo fbg since we're mates. Meh, but I'm still here.
@ianpspurs you could technically have the day off today, I’ve done more than enough for both of us this morning

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning but I think these lower numbers may have a limited life - got some new test strips yesterday.

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all.... not been on here for a while..
a 6.1 at 0545
after some advice from a nutritionist friend i now have a low carb breakfast then small walk with the dog and on return b.s.was 4.9..
this has been consistant give or take for about three weeks now..
dry january has morphed into dry february ....
ive also put on a bit of weight as well so ive got to attend to that ,, hit a 100 kgs after getting to 87 in last summer..
still well down from my 124 kgs four and a bit years ago ..
have a good day all...

McHelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry everybody but 16.2 this morning!!! Bloods done with DN results back tomorrow.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all.... not been on here for a while..
a 6.1 at 0545
after some advice from a nutritionist friend i now have a low carb breakfast then small walk with the dog and on return b.s.was 4.9..
this has been consistant give or take for about three weeks now..
dry january has morphed into dry february ....
ive also put on a bit of weight as well so ive got to attend to that ,, hit a 100 kgs after getting to 87 in last summer..
still well down from my 124 kgs four and a bit years ago ..
have a good day all...
Good to see you sir. Not sure how to say that in Suffolkese - I'll ask Brian from Melton:D