Advice on diet that doesn't drop weight

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feta does keep for ages but my largest Tesco doesn't sell the real thing and often they don't have the things I want. The same for other supermarkets here. I love olive oil but olives must be black Corfu (only available there), Cretan or Kalamata. Most Greek olives are bought by Italian companies and added to their oil because Italian oil is inferior and lacks many of the good fats.
Ever considered you might have to be a little less fussy and settle for what you can get or shop elsewhere?

Blackwater5

I’m in the uk too. I just looked up a converter online and wrote it onto the recipe myself. Something like this https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/cooking/cooking-calculator.php. A cup is a measurement not a coffee cup. A USA cup is 240ml (an Australian on is 250ml btw). A lot of recipes for low carb and keto are USA based and it’s a shame to ignore them when a simple conversion solves the problem.

A cheesecake out of a packet (I think that’s what you are describing) is not the same as the real thing. This was the first one I made baked too. Previously I did ones that faffed around with gelatine etc. they weren’t as a good. Don’t bother with any that use jelly as a base for the cheesecake part. They taste like jelly.

It was a long time ago and I think it was out of a packet. I rarely meaure ingredients if I know roughly what the measures are, but I've always wondered what a US 'cup' is and never thought of looking it up.
A baked cheesecake might be risky for me. Cakes and pasty always sinks and bread is lumpy with chunks that are mostly rising agents.
That cheesecake sound lovely so one day I'll risk it, biut need a lot of division of quantities as I would preferb4 portions to 16. With nobody else to help me eat it and a 1st try I don't want to waste a lot.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That cheesecake sound lovely so one day I'll risk it, biut need a lot of division of quantities as I would preferb4 portions to 16. With nobody else to help me eat it and a 1st try I don't want to waste a lot.

I’ll be honest it’s just me that eats it. It lasts a good 3 or 4 days and I’ve been known to have it for breakfast. After all it’s pretty much just eggs, cheese and nuts which are fine for brekkie on low carb lol:D (and I know from lots of practice and testing it doesn’t do anything to my bgl).

Reactions: ultradad

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
If you aren't cooking then you could buy ready made roast chicken - ditch the skin if they added sugar to brown it.
Boil a panful of eggs for 7 mins (take them out of the fridge for an hour at least first so they don't crack), eat as is or make a 'sandwich' with lettuce leaves and sugar free mayo.
If you can face trying it buy cheap cuts of salmon and bake or grill, add lemon juice plus black pepper and eat with microwaved pack of green veg. I wrap mine in foil and bake for about 15-20 mins depending on how thick the fillets are. Or I place them between two plates and cook in the microwave. They are done when you can open a the centre of a fillet into flakes with a fork.
Any recipe that includes pasta can be made without, just use less water/stock. I make a turkey mince spaghetti bolognese that I eat with pasta, adding broccoli and cheese.