Sudden pins and needles in feet and now hands. Scared

Rebecca29

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've had pins and needles not painful in feet/legs for 3 days and now I've got it in hands. I've not rang doctor yet. Anyone else having this? It's now freaking me out.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Rebecca29
Unfortunately pins and needles can have multiple causes, and we can't diagnose on the forums. I suggest you contact your doctor and get a proper diagnosis. While it could be diabetes related, it doesn't have to be, and your doctor will be able to do the necessary tests to tell.

Good luck

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
I've had that, with pain, but after a fall, so it may be a crush injury. I went to a walk-in clinic and was prescribed NSAIDs which I cannot tolerate (allergy?) and I take acetominophen. I don't think it's diabetes related, and the resident dr. said it was a nerve. I have had pain since the fall in August every day. :-(

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had pins and needles not painful in feet/legs for 3 days and now I've got it in hands. I've not rang doctor yet. Anyone else having this? It's now freaking me out.

I can think of several possible causes without breaking a sweat here. You need to talk to a medic. either your GP or a walk in/treatment centre type place.

holdem

Im dealing with this at the moment. Started 2 weeks ago. I saw the podiatrist yesterday who is referring me further.

I have tried all the self help options ive seen on internet and it still continues.

Some of the things ive been recommended that haven't helped for me but may for you

Hot bath with epsom salts
too much or not enough b12 vitamin. I am currently trying to reduce all supplements to see if im over doing them. I have bought some liquid b12 to try in a week if still no progress. But my diet is pretty good and well varied.
Limit exercise for a period
Tried to look at anything i may be doing new and pausing it
Tight shoes etc

Ill update you if i find anything that helps but i imagine for me it is the start of diabetic neuropathy. Hopefully not for you.

A lot of people swear by b12 vitamin. Apparently there is talk that vegans ( i am not a vegan) sometimes dont get much vitamin b12. Have you perhaps done veganuary?

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Im dealing with this at the moment. Started 2 weeks ago. I saw the podiatrist yesterday who is referring me further.

I have tried all the self help options ive seen on internet and it still continues.

Some of the things ive been recommended that haven't helped for me but may for you

too much or not enough b12 vitamin. I am currently trying to reduce all supplements to see if im over doing them. I have bought some liquid b12 to try in a week if still no progress. But my diet is pretty good and well varied.
Tight shoes etc

Ill update you if i find anything that helps but i imagine for me it is the start of diabetic neuropathy. Hopefully not for you.

A lot of people swear by b12 vitamin. Apparently there is talk that vegans ( i am not a vegan) sometimes dont get much vitamin b12. Have you perhaps done veganuary?

Could it be Covid-19 vaccination related?

Reactions: mooshk

holdem

Possibly? Is that a known side effect? If so is it short term or long term?

I would imagine sadly much more likely to be diabetic neuropathy but i am no medical expert so cant really say either way.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I just checked under "post Covid-19 vaccination neuralgia" and found some medical report articles on neurological side effects post vaccine, NCIB, etc.; choosing neuralgia for a more specific med. article paper. I don't know and I don't what to raise a fuss; I suppose if enough people report something like this, there may be more investigations.

Rebecca29

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I plan on ringing doctors tomorrow morning. I still have it but not as bad as it was a few days ago but I have had some burning sensation. I'm trying so hard to keep BG low and eat right aswel as lose 5 stone. Its so scary

Rebecca29

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Tight shoes etc

No I'm not vegan. I have blood tests next Friday. Have you had any luck at what is causing yours?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
If it is diabetic neuropathy, there is hope. There are several of us on this site who had this and reversed it permanently including @Jim Lahey and me.

In each case we have gone hard with carbohydrate reduction and put our diabetes into remission via meat based keto / carnivore dietary patterns and some exercise. Try to have a positive mindset as it is challenging for some to stay on track.

holdem

No I'm not vegan. I have blood tests next Friday. Have you had any luck at what is causing yours?
No luck yet.

I saw a podiatrist who has referred me to another person.
I’ve stripped a lot of vitamin stuff out of my diet and also reduced exercise but no real change.
It concerns me but I guess all I can do is attempt to retain as good a control as possible and await the tests with the second medical team.
I wish you well and will update you,

Reactions: andi2508