What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning campers. fbs at 8am was 9.7. Hubby is recovering well from his first cataract operation two days ago. I am off soon for a face to face appointment with a GP about my CT scan to find out if it sheds any light on my ongoing pain and if not what next? The sun is shining here in the Midlands which is always a good start to the day. Make the most of it and the oncoming week-end wherever you are and whatever you are planning to do. Best wishes. :)
Good news about the cataract operation and hopefully some good news about your ongoing pain.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A miserly 6.7 thus morning

A set back

Walking as well as expected considering injury and surgery, the other day.

Unfortunate, but furry nephew stayed other night.

I find sleeping a little tricky, trying not to weigh to heavy on right leg, and unable to lay on right side (shoulder) sleeping position pretty boring .

Dog shares bed, in-between searching house at any noise .
Other night pops back into bed, I'm sound asleep but with knees together and right ankle resting on bed, so gap below .
Dog times leap right onto leg. AAGHHH.

Next morning, not so mobile..really dragged the day down..a trifle unwell, bored & pee'd off, I skip evening meal, bed early..oh the life i lead.

Still, be great numbers in morning... :rolleyes:

Another grinding day of boredom if it wasn't for youngest nephew popping in for a chat .

So quite made up at that

Visitors AND missus cooking a Gusto meal tonight ..yay (pork belly banquet iirc)
Comes in at 84g carbs..I try for 50/60 a day.
So I'll try to be good..but life IS for living, and small pleasures are very much a part of that...so I shall eat & enjoy nom, nom, nom.:)

Life could be worse :happy:

Peace & love, people :)
Ouch! Hug for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and yes, small pleasures are very much the zest of life. Perhaps invest in a Velcro wall and a smart suit for a sleeping sensation.
upload_2022-2-11_17-1-57.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ouch! Hug for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and yes, small pleasures are very much the zest of life. Perhaps invest in a Velcro wall and a smart suit for a sleeping sensation.
View attachment 53348

NOOOO.

It's the work of the devil :wideyed:

with one hand strapped & broken.
And the other barely able to move without pain

I was blessed with a velcro secured cast and shoulder sling secured with Velcro....

It was almost houdini-esk trying to escape when alone..

once or twice I'd insist I could do it by myself,

As the missus offered to help before popping to the shops.
Sometimes i was only half way through by the time she got home,

Collapsed in a heap..
Held hostage by the evils of hooks & eyes .:wacky:

While not my situation
I can only wryly grin in sympathy at the sheer frustration..

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
NOOOO.

It's the work of the devil :wideyed:

with one hand strapped & broken.
And the other barely able to move without pain

I was blessed with a velcro secured cast and shoulder sling secured with Velcro....

It was almost houdini-esk trying to escape when alone..

once or twice I'd insist I could do it by myself,

As the missus offered to help before popping to the shops.
Sometimes i was only half way through by the time she got home,

Collapsed in a heap..
Held hostage by the evils of hooks & eyes .:wacky:

While not my situation
I can only wryly grin in sympathy at the sheer frustration..

Oh dear...
Reminds me when one of my crutches decided to part company with me, and land on the floor. No able-bodied person helped me. And I am in the process of doing the splits to get down low enough to pick up the offending crutch, when a man with cerebral palsy comes along. Somehow he manages to do the splits better than I to get down low, to pick up my crutch and hand it to me. But to get his leg back up, he has this 'rubber band' waistband belt thingy which extended down his leg, round his knee and down to over his foot. He hauled his leg back up by pulling that huge elastic from waist to foot. And I said thank you, again...

The Velcro Dilemma @jjraak is a whole new ballgame...
Oh flipping heck...his deadpan face at the end...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Last day before half-term and I have actually got a lunch break as no one-to-ones in my break. Am really tired so looking forward to an easier day.

Must finish coffee and take the dogs out for their walk before leaving for Norwich.

Reactions: dogslife

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north
Farmers Market today so best get down early while there are not too many folk about - masks will be worn. Some nice titbits to grab and although I like to support local producers, some people have strange ideas about a suitable price point. And then they wonder why they are not selling very much - oh well, they should watch Open All Hours for tips. Today is fill the now finished wardrobes with stuff that last saw the light of day in November. So, do you really need these clothes after all? Some can surely go - but not that shirt, can’t you turn the collar round?
Art bit - well, the first bit. Was out most of the day yesterday but here is a start on some paper that I sized on Friday. Hope your Saturday is a good one. I need some koffy.

upload_2022-2-12_7-29-11.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Last day before half-term and I have actually got a lunch break as no one-to-ones in my break. Am really tired so looking forward to an easier day.

Must finish coffee and take the dogs out for their walk before leaving for Norwich.
All the best for an easier day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interestingly Saturday followed Friday last week. I wonder if it will become a habit? No check on fbg for me - why stab when you can (eventually) swipe? Gym, grandson, salmon and halloumi chips all divine darling, divine yesterday but the salad was perhaps the superstar. Almost certainly due to the vinaigrette. I ate one of these with my whey protein enhanced coffee post gym. Good protein content and no eryth - I can't even bare to type the whole thing- aftertaste:woot: @dunelm thanks for the art. Farmer's markets go hand in hand with higher prices like all lifestyle accessories but I do miss the Cambs ones. As for too many clothes and the need thereof, King Lear - “O, reason not the need!” trips off the tongue easily. @Krystyna23040 good news on the rest and half term. Today I will mostly be; wearing a thermo reg top, rugby shirt and thermal trousers; watching No 1 grandson in cricket nets - using all the kit we bought him for his birthday, helmet and all; buying him a cake afterwards (mum and dad are collecting new, new cars, yes 1 each, after he has swimming and granddaughter has ballet); taking delivery of Valentine's Day for JKP from Moonpig; watching 6 Nations and eating mackerel salad or risking a chicken curry - W..... lc sauces and breast "chunks" clogging up various freezers; drinking lots of tea and one enhanced mug of coffee perhaps with one of these. Yes, we buy things some/most make but JKP has tried so hard and frankly I wouldn't give the "swaps" to my enemies. I've no idea what y'all are up to and it is absolutely none of my business but I sincerely hope you stay safe and enjoy your day. Anyone had a questionnaire?

Last edited:
Reactions: dogslife

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Now you take care @Krystyna23040
Have a leisurely lunch or coffee if you can.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north
Farmers Market today so best get down early while there are not too many folk about - masks will be worn. Some nice titbits to grab and although I like to support local producers, some people have strange ideas about a suitable price point. And then they wonder why they are not selling very much - oh well, they should watch Open All Hours for tips. Today is fill the now finished wardrobes with stuff that last saw the light of day in November. So, do you really need these clothes after all? Some can surely go - but not that shirt, can’t you turn the collar round?
Art bit - well, the first bit. Was out most of the day yesterday but here is a start on some paper that I sized on Friday. Hope your Saturday is a good one. I need some koffy.

View attachment 53355
Great magnificent mountains @dunelm
I wait to see the next bit on it. It is curious how just a tiny man in a boat or a tiny man walking can 'fill' that empty space...
Enjoy the coffee...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interestingly Saturday followed Friday last week. I wonder if it will become a habit? No check on fbg for me - why stab when you can (eventually) swipe? Gym, grandson, salmon and halloumi chips all divine darling, divine yesterday but the salad was perhaps the superstar. Almost certainly due to the vinaigrette. I ate one of these with my whey protein enhanced coffee post gym. Good protein content and no eryth - I can't even bare to type the whole thing- aftertaste:woot: @dunelm thanks for the art. Farmer's markets go hand in hand with higher prices like all lifestyle accessories but my I do miss the Cambs ones. As for too many clothes and the need thereof, King Lear - “O, reason not the need!” trips off the tongue easily. @Krystyna23040 good news on the rest and half term. Today I will mostly be; wearing a thermo reg top, rugby shirt and thermal trousers; watching No 1 grandson in cricket nets - using all the kit we bought him for his birthday, helmet and all; buying him a cake afterwards (mum and dad are collecting new, new cars, yes 1 each, after he has swimming and granddaughter has ballet); taking delivery of Valentine's Day for JKP from Moonpig; watching 6 Nations and eating mackerel salad or risking a chicken curry - W..... lc sauces and breast "chunks" clogging up various freezers; drinking lots of tea and one enhanced mug of coffee perhaps with one of these. Yes we buy things some/most make but JKP has tried so hard and frankly I wouldn't give the "swaps" to my enemies. I've no idea what y'all are up to and it is absolutely none of my business but I sincerely hope you stay safe and enjoy your day. Anyone had a questionnaire?
Oh such fine titbits - will there be a price hike. I wonder what King Lear would make of the ‘needs’ of the modern pooch - coats, fancy leads, special food, toys and on and on and on.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

I was waiting for a parcel yesterday, so I had the kitchen door open, and the tortoiseshell cat Merryweather came to sit besides me as I was drinking my tea. She waited with me until the parcel was delivered, and then left, and I went back to bed to get warm...

Creative today.
The same picture as I have been using the last few days. More copies of the original palette knife brushstokes and playing with the myriad settings within each.

This is just a play, no intention about a picture or subject as I was doing it. But it sort of turned out into something...

Bitterly cold outside.

Mittens and scarf will be needed...

But I changed my mind, and I think I will stay under my electric blanket today...

28C8B909-38E0-4182-A069-AF2D13994A48.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh such fine titbits - will there be a price hike. I wonder what King Lear would make of the ‘needs’ of the modern pooch - coats, fancy leads, special food, toys and on and on and on.
A wise chap was wont to stare at the modern world and say: "Do not try to make them understand you and do not try to understand them. That is because they are a breed apart and they make no sense." You should meet him, interesting guy. I've no idea if they - titbits- are fine or not but trying to make anything remotely sweet or baked has been largely useless and we don't dream of making our own cars, white goods etc. Now, get thee unto the market afore all the posh chickens go - even at >£20. (£11 at my nearest boutique farm shop butcher:D)

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, tut tut such a provocative start to this posting.
Todays reading is from the meter of misinformation, chapter Saturday, verse 12 and is 6.5.
Not good, not bad and not a prime number.
Yesterday’s liver clinic went well, all my blood results came back in the normal range, a rare occurrence, but thank you. I will have to have more blood tests done on next Tuesday and a routine ultrasound scan in April.
Today plans are plinky plonky, walking, woodworking and sorting out my paperwork.
Stay safe all and you can now book your holidays in Spain it seems.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

I was waiting for a parcel yesterday, so I had the kitchen door open, and the tortoiseshell cat Merryweather came to sit besides me as I was drinking my tea. She waited with me until the parcel was delivered, and then left, and I went back to bed to get warm...

Creative today.
The same picture as I have been using the last few days. More copies of the original palette knife brushstokes and playing with the myriad settings within each.

This is just a play, no intention about a picture or subject as I was doing it. But it sort of turned out into something...

Bitterly cold outside.

Mittens and scarf will be needed...

But I changed my mind, and I think I will stay under my electric blanket today...

View attachment 53356
Thank you another wonderful creative. Yes, stay under the electric blanket.