Once again, thank you!

jessj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had blood taken for my third HbA1c on Monday (May 91, Aug 43), received a text from my Dr first thing to say that I was "Well into normal (non diabetic) range which is a great achievement". If my body wasn't so carp, I would have been jigging around. :hilarious: She hadn't actually added the number, so I was glad that she was calling for another matter later on so I could ask. She started the call with my result & that I'm her first patient to have achieved this & she's not a new, young GP. :wideyed: I had to ask what the actual number was & it's 36! :woot: I think she will be extolling the virtues of a low carb diet from now.

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement. To everyone on here, thank you so so much for being the best diabetic team there is. Need a bunch of flowers smiley or blowing a kiss. Mwah!!

Reactions: Mike d

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Well done, that is the hardest part done.
Now that you know what it takes, you just need to stay on 'the waggon' or get back on again quickly if you fall off.
But remember we are all human, so if you do fall off don't beat yourself up about it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations you deserve a well earnt low carb treat. Well done there is a lot to learn when starting on a low carb way of eating but once you’ve got it and worked out and also what works for you - as you clearly have - it’s easier going forward. I’m heading towards 5 years on low carb this summer and have made a range of modifications over that time as a result of more experiments with my bgs to see what works for me or not but I really do enjoy my current food choices and the results so for me it’s for life.

jessj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianf0ster, @ultradad, @shelley262 & @Outlier, sorry I was slow getting back on, was a bit off colour, the news must have overwhelmed me. ;)

As I've benefitted in other ways, I hope not to fall off the wagon. Maybe a treat on high days & holidays (a small Baileys), but I am really happy with low carb, so.... :)