What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi everyone back from our short break in Chester Blood Glucose has been in 5s throughout the day but in morning BG test it was very low 7s. We walked for just short of 23,000 steps over 3days with cafe breaks for a rest and couldn’t always get foods for our low carb diet but it kept our BG levels in the 5s rest of day.
Went into Holland and Barrett on the high street asked what other CBD balms they had has the one I had previously bought was only lasting 3 to 4 hours, I bought the Holland and Barrett brand with the highest CBD in it and I managed to do the walking without much pain. But glad to be home now but the weather was good no rain although it forcast rain it held off plenty shopping and sight seeing then late afternoon back to hotel and my other pain killer GIN AND TONIC lovely
This morning BG was 7.4 @5.10 am then dropped to 5.1 @ 8.35am 2hrs after Greek yogurt and berries I’m pleased with these BG levels I prefer to be in 5s. can manage these readings any lower I get dizzy and unsteady 4s is too low for me. K

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear...
Reminds me when one of my crutches decided to part company with me, and land on the floor. No able-bodied person helped me. And I am in the process of doing the splits to get down low enough to pick up the offending crutch, when a man with cerebral palsy comes along. Somehow he manages to do the splits better than I to get down low, to pick up my crutch and hand it to me. But to get his leg back up, he has this 'rubber band' waistband belt thingy which extended down his leg, round his knee and down to over his foot. He hauled his leg back up by pulling that huge elastic from waist to foot. And I said thank you, again...

The Velcro Dilemma @jjraak is a whole new ballgame...
Oh flipping heck...his deadpan face at the end...

Haha....had me, I'll freely admit . :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Although noise not the issue here.
Dexterity is the silent killer

Cast gone . :D
(A simpler wrist strap now suffices for night times...however i lay, any bend in wrist ensures pain that disturbs sleep at some point. )

Sling now my for hospital appointments.
(Not for sympathy, simply keeps anyone from those just 'popping your arm in here' moments..too numerous to mention ..because it's not obvious it's broke...:woot::woot::woot: )

Velcro..should use it instead of coffins.
( All that wood saved. :hilarious: )

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha....had me, I'll freely admit . :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Although noise not the issue here.
Dexterity is the silent killer

Cast gone . :D
(A simpler wrist strap now suffices for night times...however i lay, any bend in wrist ensures pain that disturbs sleep at some point. )

Sling now my for hospital appointments.
(Not for sympathy, simply keeps anyone from those just 'popping your arm in here' moments..too numerous to mention ..because it's not obvious it's broke...:woot::woot::woot: )

Velcro..should use it instead of coffins.
( All that wood saved. :hilarious: )
Velcro has its uses...sometimes...
Just imagine trying to get the Velcro off the corpse, if you had to do a post-mortem @jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Creative today...in Procreate.

But first, a story. A true story.

J and I would go round gardens of stately homes. Sometimes there would be a hermitage carved in sandstone or something. J would sit on the stone bench, both hands round his twisty long walking stick, head bowed a little, and meditate.

Before long some children would wander in and look wide eyed at this white bearded apparition with the green velvet brimmed hat hiding his face. The children would rush out, and come back in dragging a grown-up.

The grown-ups would say 'shh' to the children, who wanted to ask questions.

Meanwhile J was still deep in meditation. But then one bold child would go up and touch J on the knee. J's head would slowly rise. 'Are you the hermit who lives in this cave,' the child would ask. (But if it was December, J would get asked if he was Father Christmas, to which he would reply 'Yes'.)

J would say he was the resident hermit in this cave. And before long there there was a group of children seated in front of him. The children would ask questions, and J would answer. And then he would go on to tell them stories. The grown-ups listened intently as well.

After a long time had passed, the grown-ups would say it was time the children went home. They would go up and shake J's hand.

And just J and I were left in the hermit's cave. Then we went home.

I often wondered what the Stately home people thought when their visitors came back, asking where the resident hermit was today...

I give you the essence of J....

B9E69306-6991-4BF1-A256-8F8EFEEB2B2A.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. Today is going to be a a relaxing day - catching up with reading. Maybe popping into the Grape Tree to get some flaked almonds, psyllium husks and coconut flakes. Definitely an avoiding the Six Nations day. At least rugby isn't as noisy as F1.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

I was waiting for a parcel yesterday, so I had the kitchen door open, and the tortoiseshell cat Merryweather came to sit besides me as I was drinking my tea. She waited with me until the parcel was delivered, and then left, and I went back to bed to get warm...

Creative today.
The same picture as I have been using the last few days. More copies of the original palette knife brushstokes and playing with the myriad settings within each.

This is just a play, no intention about a picture or subject as I was doing it. But it sort of turned out into something...

Bitterly cold outside.

Mittens and scarf will be needed...

But I changed my mind, and I think I will stay under my electric blanket today...

View attachment 53356
Palette knife is working well in this one and I particularly like how it works in the foreground. Nice little details for Popeye to explore. I that a masked person or a bearded person. Stay warm.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A wise chap was wont to stare at the modern world and say: "Do not try to make them understand you and do not try to understand them. That is because they are a breed apart and they make no sense." You should meet him, interesting guy. I've no idea if they - titbits- are fine or not but trying to make anything remotely sweet or baked has been largely useless and we don't dream of making our own cars, white goods etc. Now, get thee unto the market afore all the posh chickens go - even at >£20. (£11 at my nearest boutique farm shop butcher:D)
I once had a cupboard of alchemy - an expensive hobby and mostly to no avail. I still make bread but all else has gone the way of stamp collecting and train spotting.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone back from our short break in Chester Blood Glucose has been in 5s throughout the day but in morning BG test it was very low 7s. We walked for just short of 23,000 steps over 3days with cafe breaks for a rest and couldn’t always get foods for our low carb diet but it kept our BG levels in the 5s rest of day.
Went into Holland and Barrett on the high street asked what other CBD balms they had has the one I had previously bought was only lasting 3 to 4 hours, I bought the Holland and Barrett brand with the highest CBD in it and I managed to do the walking without much pain. But glad to be home now but the weather was good no rain although it forcast rain it held off plenty shopping and sight seeing then late afternoon back to hotel and my other pain killer GIN AND TONIC lovely
This morning BG was 7.4 @5.10 am then dropped to 5.1 @ 8.35am 2hrs after Greek yogurt and berries I’m pleased with these BG levels I prefer to be in 5s. can manage these readings any lower I get dizzy and unsteady 4s is too low for me. K
A goodly number of steps there and pleased that you found a higher strength CBD oil.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

Creative today...in Procreate.

But first, a story. A true story.

J and I would go round gardens of stately homes. Sometimes there would be a hermitage carved in sandstone or something. J would sit on the stone bench, both hands round his twisty long walking stick, head bowed a little, and meditate.

Before long some children would wander in and look wide eyed at this white bearded apparition with the green velvet brimmed hat hiding his face. The children would rush out, and come back in dragging a grown-up.

The grown-ups would say 'shh' to the children, who wanted to ask questions.

Meanwhile J was still deep in meditation. But then one bold child would go up and touch J on the knee. J's head would slowly rise. 'Are you the hermit who lives in this cave,' the child would ask. (But if it was December, J would get asked if he was Father Christmas, to which he would reply 'Yes'.)

J would say he was the resident hermit in this cave. And before long there there was a group of children seated in front of him. The children would ask questions, and J would answer. And then he would go on to tell them stories. The grown-ups listened intently as well.

After a long time had passed, the grown-ups would say it was time the children went home. They would go up and shake J's hand.

And just J and I were left in the hermit's cave. Then we went home.

I often wondered what the Stately home people thought when their visitors came back, asking where the resident hermit was today...

I give you the essence of J....

View attachment 53371
A splendid illustrated tale of a kind man who understood the joys of discovery and story telling with children.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a somewhat damp and overcast beginning to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
Farmers market - blustery weather so all set up indoors. A few choice titbits and some splendid rusk free sausages, now confined to the freezer to eke out over the coming weeks until the next market. A couple things for sister in law and job’s a good ‘un. Splendid performances from France and Ireland yesterday and I do hope that Italy make England work hard today - I do want England to win but at the same time for Italy to do well.
Art - completed the one that I had started two days ago, well, as much as I want to. Hope you all have a pleasant day of it. I shall now pour my koffy.
upload_2022-2-13_8-25-18.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings from Forest Heath. In the Temporal year it is "just" Sunday or Superbowl Sunday later. In the Liturgical year it is Septuagesima Sunday which starts a season either lasting 70 days or ending on Shrove Tuesday - Shrovetide. I like the idea of this dovetailing neatly with lambing season and being an important part of The Real England. @gennepher amazing story and creative which ties in, at least in my head, with yesterday. J sounds like a truly special man which is entirely fitting for you as a truly special lady. What other partner would you have chosen? So yesterday. Grandson did his km+ swim then 2 hrs cricket coaching. There was a group of children of mixed gender and ability in the fabulous new sports hall recently opened as part of a major facility. Matt Hancock played a significant part in ensuring this happened so thanks are due there. The lead coaches were not the image of athleticism but their skill, joy in passing on their knowledge and love of the game stood out. As with J, I am certain one can find God's loving presence in so many people and places other than formal settings. Posh chicken for Sunday lunch with MIL today. I need at least some gravy - normies - so not "pure", sorry Pearl Clutchers. I think I have now found all the pieces of The Jigsaw - just need to assemble them now. That should be fun as I've never made a jigsaw or model in my life.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a somewhat damp and overcast beginning to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
Farmers market - blustery weather so all set up indoors. A few choice titbits and some splendid rusk free sausages, now confined to the freezer to eke out over the coming weeks until the next market. A couple things for sister in law and job’s a good ‘un. Splendid performances from France and Ireland yesterday and I do hope that Italy make England work hard today - I do want England to win but at the same time for Italy to do well.
Art - completed the one that I had started two days ago, well, as much as I want to. Hope you all have a pleasant day of it. I shall now pour my koffy.
View attachment 53375
I love the way this has turned out @dunelm
Beautiful...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings from Forest Heath. In the Temporal year it is "just" Sunday or Superbowl Sunday later. In the Liturgical year it is Septuagesima Sunday which starts a season either lasting 70 days or ending on Shrove Tuesday - Shrovetide. I like the idea of this dovetailing neatly with lambing season and being an important part of The Real England. @gennepher amazing story and creative which ties in at least in my head with yesterday. J sounds like a truly special man which is entirely fitting for you as a truly special lady. What other partner would you have chosen? So yesterday. Grandson did his km+ swim then 2 hrs cricket nets. There was a group of children of mixed gender and ability in the fabulous new sportshall recently opened as part of a major facility. Matt Hancock played a significant part in ensuring this happened so thanks are due there. The lead coaches were not the image of athleticism but their skill, joy in passing on their knowledge and love of the game stood out. As with J, I am certain one can find God's loving presence in so many places other than formal settings. Posh chicken for Sunday lunch with MI today. I need at least some gravy - normies - so not "pure", sorry Pearl Clutchers. I think I have now found all the pieces of The Jigsaw - just need to assemble them now. That should be fun as I've never made a jigsaw or model in my life.
Thank you so much @ianpspurs
J was a very special person.

Reactions: alf_Josiah