Disco cauli - yummy!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Will definitely be making this next week, sounds amazing!

https://wickedleeks.riverford.co.uk/lifestyle/recipes-eating-drinking-plant-based/dancing-disco-cauli

Disco-Cauli---Maray.gif

Combine a seasonal staple with Middle Eastern flavours to create a Disco Cauli at home.

Reactions: Pipp

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's absolutely the wildest cauliflower I've ever seen!
Please let us know how it turned out!

Reactions: lovinglife

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cauliflower is so versatile, and I am interested to know what the jewels are.

(Edited by mod to take out quote of deleted post)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The link to the recipe was in the original post.
It's basically half a roast cauliflower with herby green sauce, a hot red sauce, tahini and yoghurt drizzled over. Few bits of crunch on top.

Quite simple, if you have the ingredients

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hmm, wonder of you could do it with broccoli? (Have totally failed with caulifower in my veggy garden but have lots of broccoli) I was won over by the mention of harissa sauce....

I do hope that @lovinglife posts a picture with her review :)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm, wonder of you could do it with broccoli? (Have totally failed with caulifower in my veggy garden but have lots of broccoli) I was won over by the mention of harissa sauce....

Perhaps just with boiled or steamed broccoli. I don't think it roasts well. All the flavour is in the sauces so that bit would work.

Reactions: EllieM

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've roasted cauliflower and broccoli together, just drizzled with a little oil and sprinkled with cumin and curry powder. Prefer the cauli, but use whatever is in the fridge.

Edited to add I meant to say cumin and chili powder, but curry powder would work just as well.

Last edited:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Give it a go what you got to lose? And if it fails just blitz it up and finish with some cream you’ve got a well tasty soup :)

I’m struggling to get a cauli on my shopping so may have to postpone but will post a pic when I do it

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The link for the recipe is above the picture @Pipp - will let you know how it goes :)
Thanks, yes, I noticed that later. Website kept crashing for me yesterday. Would be keen to know how this turns out, as I don’t always get cooking of cauliflower just right.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Give it a go what you got to lose? And if it fails just blitz it up and finish with some cream you’ve got a well tasty soup :)

I’m struggling to get a cauli on my shopping so may have to postpone but will post a pic when I do it
Did you ever get to make this disco cauli @lovinglife ?

Squeak58

Thanks, yes, I noticed that later. Website kept crashing for me yesterday. Would be keen to know how this turns out, as I don’t always get cooking of cauliflower just right.
Have you tried blitzing the cauliflower in the food processor? I blitz it and then use it like rice. Did fried rice this evening but substituted cauliflower for the rice. It was great. You don't even need to cook the cauliflower.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I mainly just grate it and then put it in the oven for 12 to 13 mins at 180C. Cool and store in the fridge then either add it to a stir fry (cook just enough to get it hot) or zap it in the microwave.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried blitzing the cauliflower in the food processor? I blitz it and then use it like rice. Did fried rice this evening but substituted cauliflower for the rice. It was great. You don't even need to cook the cauliflower.
Yes, cauliflower rice is used frequently in our house. As a sustitute for stachy rice with curries etc.

This disco cauliflower is a whole different experience , it doesn’t need to be a carrier for a curry or chilli. It is a meal in itself, amazingly flavourful.

• Agree
Reactions: lovinglife