What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

David_E

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Woke up to low glucose alarm was 3.6 currently trying to get better control had high HA1BC of 154 in December last one 5 th feb was 66. It is getting the balance back. Had early porridge now 7.1.

Andrea.ash24

Hi ,
I am new to all this and really struggling. ( Type 2)
First thing this morning it was 8.7 , i havent eaten anything and it is now 10.8 . I have recently been put on Glimepiride tablets and am only taking 1mg twice a day. With that recent 10.8 reading i felt very dizzy and lightheaded . Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I am new to all this and really struggling. ( Type 2)
Well, hello there. You’ve come to the right place for support. Need to know more about you. A bit more diabetes history? Please read my signature to get an idea of what is possible.

RosemaryJackson

7.6 this morning. I'm type 2 as well and have found out that the morning bg (blood glucose) is called the Dawn Phenomenon because it's so up and down. Others on here who are more experienced can tell you more than I can. You will get fantastic help from these threads. You could also look on the 'What have you eaten today' thread. That will also help you

Reactions: Marianne67

Andrea.ash24

Hi
I was diagnosed about 5 years ago , but with diet and exercise it was very well controlled. I have put weight on and am constantly hungry. Went to my GP who said i needed to be put on medication as my latest test at docs was 7.6 , since then i seem to have gone from bad to worse. I feel absolutely awful at the moment , dizzy headaches etc. My fasting blood with not budge below 8 not matter how hard i try. The mornings seem to be the worst , after lunch it tends to come down dramatically. Im very confused

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@andre.ash24 You need to get back to your GP and push for an early, urgent examination. Feeling “dizzy” is no way to carry on. Over those five years, have you been told your HBA1C number? Do you know what an HbA1c number is?

Keep talking to us. I’m concerned for you.