What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 today. Had a Big glass with a little bit of Vodka and a lot of Schweeps (low carb stuff) and had a good night sleep and feel better today. Hope everyone keeps safe as wind picking up again in south wales :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.7 this morning been having a rough couple of weeks recovering from covid pneumonia manged to have an acute chest infection a diagnosis of Atrial Fibrillation then extreme difficulty breathing ambulance trip to hospital and tested positive for covid found to have covid pneumonia and told because of my comorbidities and such would not be a suitable candidate for ICU and more aggressive treatment at home and on my way to recovery now BG gone haywire and didn't eat for a week.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning been having a rough couple of weeks recovering from covid pneumonia manged to have an acute chest infection a diagnosis of Atrial Fibrillation then extreme difficulty breathing ambulance trip to hospital and tested positive for covid found to have covid pneumonia and told because of my comorbidities and such would not be a suitable candidate for ICU and more aggressive treatment at home and on my way to recovery now BG gone haywire and didn't eat for a week.
That sad tale may seem an odd candidate for a winner BUT thanks be to God you are alive and making progress. Judith, your daughter, Kieran and Brother Adrian must be so relieved. Not the time to sweat the small stuff like bg and carbs just now. #overjoyedatthatnews.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh John you have been through the wringer! I hope its all upwards from here and I am glad you posted I wondered how you were doing. There are times when BG isnt the most important person in the room and this certainly is one of those times. Get lots of rest and then some more.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning.

I've had a few iffy (for me) numbers recently. I have also got myself some over the counter sleepy drugs (Nytol - the active ingredient is an antihistamine). They do seem to help in that when I take them I'm not awake at 3am wondering if that's it for the night. I'm not planning to take them every night (they stop being effective once you get used to them) but maybe once a week or so, before I get to the 'so tired I'm falling down' point.

Reactions: Donaldfr

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning
Libre 6.6
Contour 4.9
MODY test today
Have a good day everyone
Best wishes for a useful outcome. I'll wear my Nike Go Team D top to the gym later and think of you. @BrianDoc that sounds concerning so take care. @JohnEGreen I pray home life is aiding the recovery. I'm Swipeyless for a while due to CT and MRI scans for the which they are a massive no no.

RosemaryJackson

7.5 today. Didn't get the chance to take it in bed. Had a dreadful night with cramp attacking me many times but the worst one propelled me out of bed like a cannon to put foot to floor. Anyone got a remedy? They are so painful and I feel like I've been kicked hard, takes me so long to get going afterwards.

Reactions: Donaldfr

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.5 today. Didn't get the chance to take it in bed. Had a dreadful night with cramp attacking me many times but the worst one propelled me out of bed like a cannon to put foot to floor. Anyone got a remedy? They are so painful and I feel like I've been kicked hard, takes me so long to get going afterwards.
Hug for the cramp. No doubt people will have their own ideas on "remedies" BUT please seek medical advice.