Evening meals

kevsta

Would anyone be willing to share any evening meals ideas

Just me and my partner and daughter seem to be eating at different time because of work commitments and social life of the daughter seems to be not help my diet and trying not to eat late

I don’t mind cooking but nothing complicated

Just something that is healthy and filling really

Thanks

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had this tonight - tastes a lot better than it looks. 3 egg omelette with bacon and onion. Quick, easy, tasty, cheap.

And head over to this thread - plenty of ideas there: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/page-2440

B17D6ED4-0291-497D-B60F-60499D4FCCEE.jpeg

Reactions: EllieM

kevsta

Thanks ended up having chicken kevi with just veg was ok but felt tasteless lol and I don’t my doc or diabetes nurse would approve lol

kevsta

Reactions: Goonergal

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a jolly nice veal chop with mushrooms in a creme fraiche and mustard sauce.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
ended up having chicken kevi with just veg
emoji37.png
was ok but felt tasteless
Did you add some salt and a knob of butter to your veg?
Cream cheese or some grated cheese or fried cubed bacon can make a large plate of otherwise boring veg suddenly very tasty!

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t mind cooking but nothing complicated

Hi there, what you need are a few 'one pot' ideas! Pick a variety of vegetables, I like peppers and onions but any will do and you can adapt for any carb counting you may be doing. Stick them in a large oven dish, salt, pepper, oil and any other herb or spice you like. Add your meat or fish, all in the pot and stick it in the oven for 30/40 minutes. The vegetables go a lovely, tasty, rich flavour, far better than boring old boiled veg. Or a stew, if you can, buy a one pot cooking thing, fill it with meat & veg and gravy and cook it slowly or repeat the above and stick it in the oven.. Nice & easy for the whole family. They (or you if you like) can add mash potato or a slice of bread too if they start moaning.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pick a variety of vegetables, I like peppers and onions but any will do and you can adapt for any carb counting you may be doing. Stick them in a large oven dish, salt, pepper, oil and any other herb or spice you like. Add your meat or fish, all in the pot and stick it in the oven for 30/40 minutes. The vegetables go a lovely, tasty, rich flavour, far better than boring old boiled veg
I did this tonight, sausages, carrot, broccoli, caulifower. Did double sausages so enough for another meal too.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chicory chops.. A little carrot too.

Wife made it, that's what I call it.. Pork. A little bolus for veg. (That works with my nominal insulin profile.) Not too heavy, ruddy nice.

D

Deleted member 543160

Tonight: 99% beef burger squidged into meatballs, green beans, a few mixed olives & a sprinkle of garlic microwaved in a (ready made) tomato & basil sauce with a dollop of cream, a splash of oil & lemon juice and a sprinkle of parmesan on top. Followed by a minute quantity of "black forest" berries in a chocolate sauce made with crème fraiche, cocoa powder, and a little erythritol sweetener. Minimum effort, low carb, & for me - maximum yum. :hungry::)

Reactions: KK123 and EllieM

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight 's meal will be sliced aubergine with tomatoes, peppers, garlic, olives, a stock cube, olive oil, a small lump of butter and some crumbled cheddar, all baked in the oven. So easy it's scandalous. I'm not vegetarian but I am keto, so no onion, but further down the line I will be able to add a little onion and see what happens. Yesterday was grilled pork chop with cauliflower, tenderstem broccoli and brussels sprouts. I'm a very lazy cook but I like good food. The two aren't incompatible.

Reactions: KK123 and Antje77

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve said it before ( and will doubtless say it again, because I am smitten! :)), but getting an air fryer was just the single most useful acquisition evva for cooking no-effort, outrageously tasty, low-carb meals. Shove in some meat, add some veggies, leave it alone, eat.

Air fried veggies are epic, so much better than boiled/microwaved. Except for brassicas - I hate roasted cauliflower, sprouts etc although I know most people think that this is the best way to have them! But roasted asparagus is da bomb…