What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning been having a rough couple of weeks recovering from covid pneumonia managed to have an acute chest infection a diagnosis of Atrial Fibrillation then extreme difficulty breathing ambulance trip to hospital and tested positive for covid found to have covid pneumonia and told because of my comorbidities and such would not be a suitable candidate for ICU and more aggressive treatment at home and on my way to recovery now BG gone haywire and didn't eat for a week.
Just so pleased to see your post to say that you are recovering, take care and get well soon or I should say get well in your own time. Definitely a winner in my book.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Today a fbg of 5.9 have now steped my teroids back down to pre covid dosage so thing may improve.

RosemaryJackson

Ianspurs thanks for the hug! I have been to the Dr but he doesn't want me to take Quinine because I have a heart problem and it can affect it. I have been online and one remedy maybe I'm dehydrated so step up the fluids which today I have. I take Magnesium every day and tonic water in my squash (Quinine I know but not a lot).

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hi everyone it has been a while since I posted on here! life and not looking after myself. so wanting to get back to LC eating and start logging back on here for my morning BSL and support.

Morning BSL 8.1 mmol/L

the start of new beginnings will start today

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Walked 8 miles, ate less than 20 carbs, has a rubbish sleep and it all amounted to a frustrating 6.0, onwards and downwards !
Aw man, sleeping is rubbish for me too. However, I’m impressed with your HBA1C!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 8.8
Contour 7.3
Not really surprised after 13 hours overnight in a hard chair in a&e with my mum on Monday night then rushing around yesterday to a different hospital for my blood tests (took 3 full bottles) & then back to where mum is & ready meal for tea (never have ready meals)
Did sleep really well though
Have a good day everyone

Reactions: Donaldfr

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 today. Have a great day everyone :)
13 hours overnight in a hard chair in a&e with my mum on Monday night
Hope your mam feeling better soon. NHS A&E is a joke now, have to take stuff along with you like your having a day out ( food, drink, entertainment )

Reactions: Donaldfr

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thoughts and prayers with you and your mum @DEBBIESCOTT. Amazing A1c @BrianDoc. Good to see you back @annabell1. @Estragon what your bg should do with T2 is not the issue IMHO because by definition it doesn't do what it should. Finding ways to manage what it does do is more pertinent and you've been here long enough to know that is very N=1. There are no (UK) Black Swans. Go Team D t-shirt donned, tea drunk (approx 3 litres) just to help @RosemaryJackson

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

RosemaryJackson

7.6 this morning. Hardly any cramp overnight so I must be dehydrated. But I'm not losing any weight to speak of . Since 9th of January, I've lost an amazing!!! 5lbs!!! I count all my carbs and odd days I go over 30g. do I perhaps not eat enough fat? I have problems with exercising so is that the problem? Can I have some expert advice please? I'm type 2 since 2009. Last HBA1c was 60. Low carb diet. bgs mostly between 6 and 8, the odd dip to the 4s. tia