What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone,

8am fbg was 5.1

Sydney is very wet today and northern nsw has flooded, what a disaster for those poor people. Hope the rain stops.
Hugs for the people in NSW. It’s awful the weather changes going on all over the world. K

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for help and advice from you all it’s such a thankless task when your trying to help a person who doesn’t want it except when She!!needs you for something playing taxi visiting when she’s in hospital well I’m a bit sick of playing Taxi and being their when it’s obvious it’s not appreciated. K
So hard to hold ourselves back, though .

Take good care of you x

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone,

8am fbg was 5.1

Sydney is very wet today and northern nsw has flooded, what a disaster for those poor people. Hope the rain stops.
A win for the steady 5's.

And a hug for those caught up in the floods .

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Exactly as it should be. IMHO a big clue that now we see through a glass, darkly. Not at all convinced that grief has an evolutionary purpose but YMMV. How's the recovery going - gently does it I hope.

While I can agree it may seem wasted I think it's an integral link in the circle of life.

Taking us from the heights of love to the pits of despair, without it, would damage too many, I fear

Grief, ..at the time.
Appreciation..for all we look back on.
Respect ...for sacrifice made, unknown to us
A guide ..for how a life could be lived
Teaching..for the day it's our turn
When it becomes time to complete our last goal
How to ease their loss , so they too can know how to..

Appreciate
Respect
Be guided
& Taught
To love, grieve, hold us tightly In their heart, yet still let us go & Go Live their best life .

Until it's their time to complete the circle.

Grief...yeah, mileage varies
But I think it serves a purpose, imho

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi .
A fed days FBG's all high 6 or lo low 7
Steady as she goes I fear, but no nasty surprises and given the circumstances, unsurprising, really

Thank you @ianpspurs .

Recovery slower then expected in my eyes, at least.

Hand becoming a concern, grip & dexterity, after one week Shy of 3 months , not where I was hoping

And from what at the time was a seemingly simple injury (on the whole):sorry:

However better news, while walking is still assisted by gutter crutch, I am mobilising more each day, though it has to be said, everyday activities are more like a punishing gym session to which I have to assign a rest day, if I overdo it

BUT, in a determination to have & meet simple goals, I set myself to be back in the car end of this week & meet Steph for lunch one day.

Succeeded in the driving last Sunday, had wife's best friend's daughter (henceforth *neice )
Who has-been using car until she replaces hers.

Sit with my (just In case I tired ..one leg, & both arms injured , a rather unknown quantity, pushing, pulling, etc )

But drive went great.:D

So well in fact that today, I met our Steph

I missed her birthday dinner recently gone.
Not fit for a few hours in a restaurant .

So today we hit nandoes, a delicious dinner, a tiny bit of shopping
And the kicker....train strike here in the capital.
Steph off to Richmond no trains so ages on buses etc .

A quick check I was fine offering daddy-uber,
And just like that she was delivered safely.

And on returning home, A small pat on the back for myself, and a feeling of usefulness returns slightly ...:happy:

So yeah, slower in places, but one or two highlights, as well.:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
gennepher
You are so right all my life I’ve put others before myself and husband if I don’t stop it and live my own life doing what we my hubby and I want to do at this time in our lives we may never get that chance. I’ve not had a good nights sleep in I can’t remember how long worrying about everything and everyone I need to stop and think about us and start doing the travelling we planned get away from all that cause me stress. And just take off and do what we want You’ve really put it into perspective gennepher I needed a stranger to say it has it is and make me wake up, my sister is going to still do all the things she’s always done no matter what I say or worry myself sick about so let her get on and do it enough is enough. K
Good you are going to see to you first now @Granny_grump_

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from under a sky that holds promise for another nice day. Happy St David’s Day! Shrove Tuesday. An ideal opportunity to take some time out for yourself. To take stock and for some quiet contemplation. I like the quiet of the early morning and the privilege of just being able to simply sit, in comfort, for a while. Clock watching at present though - I have to join the queue of the masses for the 8am appointment lottery at our local GP’s. We have had to cancel an overseas trip and I need an ‘excused flying’ note for those Uriah Heaps at the insurance.
Art today - surfs up! I hope that everyone has a pleasant day. Best get some koffy on the go.

View attachment 53604
Great brushstroke @dunelm and tiny detail.
Hope you got the excused note...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus or cyfarch dydd dewi sant or, presumably, other forms of greeting with the same intention. Best wishes for your interactions with the medical profession @dunelm and @gennepher along with my thanks for the sharing of your wonderful artistic talent. @gennepher I shall diligently obey your instruction to drink my cuppas - difficult as I may find that. @alf_Josiah be brave and enjoy the wood in B and Q. @Granny_grump_ have a great time planning those trips and as Genn says you can't pour from an empty cup. It is flipping pancake day at least for JKP here and almost certainly again on Thursday for the grandchildren. Lent reflections dropped into my inbox today with a theme of justice/where did it all go so wrong? Not quite the wonderful George Best story but very apposite with Ukraine and the glaring/fatal effects of inequality COVID revealed. Today will be different to my planned agenda- JKP needs extra TLC- which involved this but then my Maker had his agenda spoiled by Adam and Eve. Progress, continuity and change - yeah, right.
I am glad you drank your cuppas @ianpspurs

Reactions: Granny_grump_

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Long difficult day yesterday.
It's going to be bed rest for me for today at least.

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Taken from my bed. Played with a tiny bit in Procreate and Snapseed.

Going back to sleep...

BEB45C25-A978-48DF-A52E-B3C486B7967B.jpeg

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Another early start been awake since before 3am got up 3.45am
BG this morning was 7.1 only had a bowl of fresh fruit for my evening meal
But went out for lunch fresh salmon and prawn with dressing sandwich and shared a cake half each. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fbg 6.5

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Taken from my bed. Played with a tiny bit in Procreate and Snapseed.

Going back to sleep...

View attachment 53613
Interesting colours in your kaleidoscope with kitty kat at top of pattern more subdued than vibrant but it works.
My home has lots of glass coloured two toned glass and crystal I’ve always had a fascination with glass and kaleidoscopes from being a child holding it up towards the light and seeing all those fantastic patterns evolve from every turn of the kaleidoscope.K

Reactions: jjraak

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fbg 6.5

Going back to sleep...

View attachment 53613
Hopefully you have managed to get more sleep it’s a great healer, Says she!!!!.K

Reactions: dunelm

Nodemus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Fbg 9.4

My numbers appear high only in the mornings.
Any suggestions why this would be case?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone,

8am fbg was 5.1

I haven’t thought of Australia as being a particularly rainy place but the images from around Brisbane look pretty bad.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 9.4

My numbers appear high only in the mornings.
Any suggestions why this would be case?
Welcome @Nodemus - a high. Are you comparing that to your average over time? Could be a number of things - diet, exercise, medication, stress, sometimes the great unknown. What are your usual readings?

Nodemus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome @Nodemus - a high. Are you comparing that to your average over time? Could be a number of things - diet, exercise, medication, stress, sometimes the great unknown. What are your usual readings?

Sorry yes my readings are between 8-13 in the mornings
it’s only recently started to get below 13 I’m trying to understand why they seem high in the morning. I don’t eat after 10pm or 9pm.

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi .
A fed days FBG's all high 6 or lo low 7
Steady as she goes I fear, but no nasty surprises and given the circumstances, unsurprising, really

Thank you @ianpspurs .

Recovery slower then expected in my eyes, at least.

Hand becoming a concern, grip & dexterity, after one week Shy of 3 months , not where I was hoping

And from what at the time was a seemingly simple injury (on the whole):sorry:

However better news, while walking is still assisted by gutter crutch, I am mobilising more each day, though it has to be said, everyday activities are more like a punishing gym session to which I have to assign a rest day, if I overdo it

BUT, in a determination to have & meet simple goals, I set myself to be back in the car end of this week & meet Steph for lunch one day.

Succeeded in the driving last Sunday, had wife's best friend's daughter (henceforth *neice )
Who has-been using car until she replaces hers.

Sit with my (just In case I tired ..one leg, & both arms injured , a rather unknown quantity, pushing, pulling, etc )

But drive went great.:D

So well in fact that today, I met our Steph

I missed her birthday dinner recently gone.
Not fit for a few hours in a restaurant .

So today we hit nandoes, a delicious dinner, a tiny bit of shopping
And the kicker....train strike here in the capital.
Steph off to Richmond no trains so ages on buses etc .

A quick check I was fine offering daddy-uber,
And just like that she was delivered safely.

And on returning home, A small pat on the back for myself, and a feeling of usefulness returns slightly ...:happy:

So yeah, slower in places, but one or two highlights, as well.:)
Well it’s all moving along and congratulations on your recovery so far. Steady away. Don’t let the horse bolt. Hand - how are you exercising it? Something to squeeze perhaps (tennis ball or something) and maybe something to practice dexterity - I have a pair of steel Chinese Baoding balls to swivel about - don’t drop them on your foot.