Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

G3jtk

Breakfast: nothing
1 pm and 5 pm--> salad (with butter), cooked egg, grilled salmon, and cashews
10 pm --> egg, cheese, cashews, and chicken breast + iogurt with rasp/blueberries
supplements: Ca, Mg, multivitamin

image.png

image.png
Is that an app you are using?

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
You don't want to know what i've eaten today as its christmas day.
However, croissants were involved as was chocolate, bucks fizz, and all the normal xmas fayre, including bread sauce - eek! Might leave the xmas cake for another day though ;-)

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Likewise, the first gin and slim was my undoing. Fizz, a roast potato, stuffing, pastry on vegetarian Xmas pie, 3 chocolates - not even very nice ones - mince pie, crackers under cheese! First Xmas in 8 years where I have really indulged. However, no carbs today so far. Clawing it back rapidly!
Merry Christmas!

Notwithstanding

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being fit & healthy
Breakfast Spicy eggs (scrambled with fresh chilli & parmesan cheese)
Lunch Putanesca (with courgette spaghetti)
Dinner Broccoli & mushroom soup with chilli & cheese
All home made

RosemaryJackson

My bf today was 2 cheese muffins (2.9 each) with bacon and slice of cheese. Lunch will be homemade soup made with chicken carcase and lots of veg and 1 stock cube and tea will be 2 Ryvitas with smashed avocado. I have an A1c of 60 and am trying very hard to get it down.

Tash26

Hey everyone, I am really struggling, I am diabetic but the doctors want me to try to reverse with diet control. I am finding it super hard as I’m not much of a meat eater, I don’t like fish.. most of my life I have lived on carbs, bread pasta and potato. I don’t know what to do but I can tell when my sugars are too high as I feel tired headachey and foggy head. Today I had plain weetabix, tea, sandwich at Costa with a coffee - I am super wiped out feel really ill my sugars are still at 12 5hours after my food. What can I do feeling really low about this.

Ragmar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- 2 toast 18g carbs with butter and coffee
L- 2 sandwiches 36g carbs Italian meats and cheese.
D- 85g pasta @51g of carbs pasta sauce @7g carbs for half a cup and 2 Italian sausages baked at 400 for 30 mins. 2 hours after meal i tested 6.6

Thankful for the low carb bread I found thats 8g of carbs a slice.

Reactions: KTNIC

Smallbear

Diagnosed a few weeks ago and trying to lose weight before getting bloods done again. Today, breakfast was brown roll with grilled bacon and a fried egg, small fresh orange and mug of tea (one sugar which is half what it used to be. Lunch was a flask of my homemade carrot and lentil soup. Tea tonight was 2 potato rosti and 2 poached eggs with some wafer thin ham. Probably gonna have a glass of white this evening. Still getting to grips with this diet-y thing!

Ireltash

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat once a day. 5 p.m. mozzarella, meatballs, 1 short rib beef, spoon of mushrooms, fermented vegetables radish and Chinese leaves- kimchi, green tea.

Ireltash

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey everyone, I am really struggling, I am diabetic but the doctors want me to try to reverse with diet control. I am finding it super hard as I’m not much of a meat eater, I don’t like fish.. most of my life I have lived on carbs, bread pasta and potato. I don’t know what to do but I can tell when my sugars are too high as I feel tired headachey and foggy head. Today I had plain weetabix, tea, sandwich at Costa with a coffee - I am super wiped out feel really ill my sugars are still at 12 5hours after my food. What can I do feeling really low about this.
I am new here I just want to tell you how I got off my metformin after 4 months of low carb diet. Before I got diagnosis I felt exactly like you described. So I rid off all sugar, processed foods, starch,carbs, and I eat only what I cook from scratch eggs, meat, fish, chicken, cheese, butter, ghee, a bit of green olives, avocados, mushrooms, green leafy vegetables like kale, broccoli, arugula, cucumbers, no vegetable oils, no any wheat products. It’s been over two years now and my doctor can’t believe I did it just with diet. I do exercise gently:walking and cycling., now thinking to join gym and start weight lifting it helps too. I feel completely different now, not exhausted and I don’t have mental fog, forgetfulness like I used to have. It’s just my example I am not a doctor. But all my blood markers improved within a year. I am not on any medication, I control my blood glucose with diet low carb. Health and happiness to everyone

Reactions: Iswole

Iswole

Lucky you!
I am new here I just want to tell you how I got off my metformin after 4 months of low carb diet. Before I got diagnosis I felt exactly like you described. So I rid off all sugar, processed foods, starch,carbs, and I eat only what I cook from scratch eggs, meat, fish, chicken, cheese, butter, ghee, a bit of green olives, avocados, mushrooms, green leafy vegetables like kale, broccoli, arugula, cucumbers, no vegetable oils, no any wheat products. It’s been over two years now and my doctor can’t believe I did it just with diet. I do exercise gently:walking and cycling., now thinking to join gym and start weight lifting it helps too. I feel completely different now, not exhausted and I don’t have mental fog, forgetfulness like I used to have. It’s just my example I am not a doctor. But all my blood markers improved within a year. I am not on any medication, I control my blood glucose with diet low carb. Health and happiness to everyone

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've completely fallen off the bandwagon of regularly posting. I hope nobody minds if I join in, it really helps me remain accountable!

Yesterday (March 15th)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt and "keto granola", black coffee
Snack (10:30am): more black coffee
Lunch (12pm): Homemade beef chili
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (8pm): Braised beef ravioli (a cheat meal, a special request by my wife)
Evening Snack (10pm) - No food, but two low carb beers

Walked 8.44km yesterday to bring my YTD total to 274.67km.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (March 16th)

Lunch (12pm): Homemade beef chili
Dinner (8pm): Spicy turkey meatballs with a red curry broth (all homemade)

Walked 9.66km yesterday to bring my YTD total to 284.33km.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (March 17th)

Lunch (12pm): Leftover spicy turkey meatballs with a red curry broth (all homemade)
Dinner (8pm): Beef burger patty with cheese, with sauteed oniones and mushrooms

Walked 9.74km yesterday to bring my YTD total to 294.07km.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (March 18th)

Lunch (12pm): Beef burger patty with cheese, with sauteed onions and mushrooms
Dinner (8pm): Chicken wings in hot sauce, with cherry tomatoes and cucumbers

Walked 12.46km yesterday to bring my YTD total to 306.53km.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (March 19th)

Breakfast (9am): None
Snack (10:30am): 0% greek yogurt and "keto granola", black coffee
Lunch (12pm): Turkey meatballs
Dinner (8pm): Beef burger patty with cheese, button mushrooms stuffed with sausage
Evening Snack (10pm) - Handful of peanuts, two low carb beers

Walked 6.44km yesterday to bring my YTD total to 312.97km.