HbA1c after 12 months

Ricmel

Diagnosed T2 in April 2021 with HbA1c at 97. Next test in September it was 41 and just got my March results back and is 37. Usual story of lost weight, started exercising and went low carb. No meds. So happy with my progress so far.

My fasting BG is still "high", usually between 6 and 7.3 probably averaging 6.4. If I could get that down then my HbAc1s would be heading into normal territory I think. Anyone have any things that have worked to specifically reduce FBG?

Reactions: Iswole

pre-predb

Diagnosed T2 in April 2021 with HbA1c at 97. Next test in September it was 41 and just got my March results back and is 37. Usual story of lost weight, started exercising and went low carb. No meds. So happy with my progress so far.

My fasting BG is still "high", usually between 6 and 7.3 probably averaging 6.4. If I could get that down then my HbAc1s would be heading into normal territory I think. Anyone have any things that have worked to specifically reduce FBG?

An Hba1c of 37 is absolutely fine, especially as it was 97 last year! I can understand, however, why you are keen to get your apparently high FBG down, as I am in a similar situation, and was puzzled as to why it was so. Searching for an explanation, I recently came across this video (with the attached link) which gives a very clear, and reassuring, reason why it is still high, but also nothing to worry about.

Iswole

Thank you for the video! It's enlightening

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
heading into normal territory
If you're first HbA1c had been 37 you would not have been diagnosed with T2 or even pre diabetes so I would say that you have arrived in the normal territory. Well done!

Mrs HJG

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great result @Ricmel
There is a thread on here where a lady eats 6 pistatios before bed to counteract the dawn phenomenon - search for it, there are probably more tips and tricks around.