BoringBrian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework
74 kg this morning.
My weigh seems to go between 73.5 and 74.5 these last few months, so I’m quite happy with that.
Low carb and intermittent fasting has really changed my life for the better. I just need to stay on the wagon, hopefully.

Reactions: Dandelade

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The like for your clear plan and determination! Your posts are always motivating how you’re balancing more than one thing.
Thanks @Dandelade. I can hv wobbles though. I'm not using any diabetic medication at the moment. I found glimepiride very strong but at first needed 3mg. 4mg was too strong and 2mg not strong enough. I'm getting some excellent fbgs and just odd 8+bgs. For a few days now I've not needed even the 1 metformin tablet. I'm going to watch this space as my weight is still 97kgs but I've had a tad better but I feel steroid injection has left my system now. With my excellent bgs and weight stabilising again.
I'm looking forward to weighing myself again which hasn't been the case for a few months.
I'm getting my lower back operation very very soon. So after my liver processes all those meds needed I should be back here, where I'm currently standing. With far less pain, less painkillers too. I'm very optimistic and just relieved to find a good surgeon who gets me. He understands my hunger for working for a firm again. Hence looking to be more insurable in all quarters. I miss working for a large firm. Family firms are great and very inspirational but I'd like to work for my son one day but part-time. My youngest son hasn't experienced his mom working full-time and seems to be a bit narrow minded about a woman's role. I'd like to reconfirm my role for him to see me totally fulfilled. I don't think I'm alone with mothering more than 1 child. Especially being a late mother too.
I enjoy tackling the near-on impossible. I'm going to turn my skills on helping my youngest to do homework with him.. rather than FOR him. (i court his dad helping him fill answers in...Oh NO!!). Giggle giggle, I've bought more study books to tackle our big job. Pulled some back out of recycling after his dad thought I'd bought 2 of all in error. He's recycling mad. Normally I admire the commitment but this is just aother step too far.
I've survived Covid last week but still feel it seemed like a chest infection which cleared up with antibiotics. I do agree with the press the PCR results aren't as accurate AS those of patients expectations.
I wonder if I'll hv a positive result from a pre-op covid test in a few weeks time? I've never caught Covid before but wondering if my eye examination brought me too close to Covid infected people? I'm getting out again and this does help me lose weight as well as low carb and low calorie eating.
The address for me is sticking to what works for me. Regardless of finances.
I'm buying more chicken than cheese and nuts. Oh I've found great low carb sliced bread once more. It's great for toast and very soft for a sandwich. I'm going to hv poached egg on toast tomorrow, my favourite.
See. Small things please me. I hv a busy day tomorrow but should be hugely productive. I'm not sleeping great but enough for my daily needs. I hugely look forward to my sleep too.
Keep striving as if your heading in a determined direction you WILL get there. I'm enjoying your posts. You can do this!!

Dandelade

Thanks @Dandelade. I can hv wobbles though. I'm not using any diabetic medication at the moment. I found glimepiride very strong but at first needed 3mg. 4mg was too strong and 2mg not strong enough. I'm getting some excellent fbgs and just odd 8+bgs. For a few days now I've not needed even the 1 metformin tablet. I'm going to watch this space as my weight is still 97kgs but I've had a tad better but I feel steroid injection has left my system now. With my excellent bgs and weight stabilising again.
I'm looking forward to weighing myself again which hasn't been the case for a few months.
I'm getting my lower back operation very very soon. So after my liver processes all those meds needed I should be back here, where I'm currently standing. With far less pain, less painkillers too. I'm very optimistic and just relieved to find a good surgeon who gets me. He understands my hunger for working for a firm again. Hence looking to be more insurable in all quarters. I miss working for a large firm. Family firms are great and very inspirational but I'd like to work for my son one day but part-time. My youngest son hasn't experienced his mom working full-time and seems to be a bit narrow minded about a woman's role. I'd like to reconfirm my role for him to see me totally fulfilled. I don't think I'm alone with mothering more than 1 child. Especially being a late mother too.
I enjoy tackling the near-on impossible. I'm going to turn my skills on helping my youngest to do homework with him.. rather than FOR him. (i court his dad helping him fill answers in...Oh NO!!). Giggle giggle, I've bought more study books to tackle our big job. Pulled some back out of recycling after his dad thought I'd bought 2 of all in error. He's recycling mad. Normally I admire the commitment but this is just aother step too far.
I've survived Covid last week but still feel it seemed like a chest infection which cleared up with antibiotics. I do agree with the press the PCR results aren't as accurate AS those of patients expectations.
I wonder if I'll hv a positive result from a pre-op covid test in a few weeks time? I've never caught Covid before but wondering if my eye examination brought me too close to Covid infected people? I'm getting out again and this does help me lose weight as well as low carb and low calorie eating.
The address for me is sticking to what works for me. Regardless of finances.
I'm buying more chicken than cheese and nuts. Oh I've found great low carb sliced bread once more. It's great for toast and very soft for a sandwich. I'm going to hv poached egg on toast tomorrow, my favourite.
See. Small things please me. I hv a busy day tomorrow but should be hugely productive. I'm not sleeping great but enough for my daily needs. I hugely look forward to my sleep too.
Keep striving as if your heading in a determined direction you WILL get there. I'm enjoying your posts. You can do this!!
Wow ickihun, you’ve a lot going on!!! Well done on the blood glucose levels and getting out and about. I hope your back operation goes well and that COVID remains mild for you.

Your message has come at a great time and reminded me to stay positive. Another week of the same weight. I tried upping my activity but it wiped me out for a few days - guess the thyroid isn’t quite right after all. Or worse that I just can’t do exercise together with daily activity anymore (it’s one or the other), in which case I have no idea how to actually lose weight!

Gah, I have a few things to try yet and will keep on tweaking to see if I can find the right combo.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, I haven’t posted for a while I think I’ve lost 2 lbs as I’m down to 143lbs this week.
My biggest delight this week is that we have been swimming twice this week for the first time in 2 years!
I think the two could be linked:)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight 45.1kg, 7st 1lb, 6oz.
Much too thin now.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
77.25kg today so little up
As I said, new plateau but it’s all good. Have to keep reminding myself (and I say it every time) going to the gym and putting on a little weight are not bad things

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Weight 45.1kg, 7st 1lb, 6oz.
Much too thin now.
Am now about 10kg below healthy weight.
It doesn't help that I don't know what I should be eating, or that I have these episodes when I can't eat. Have tried it with horribly messy results.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SlimLizzy I’m so sorry to hear about your problems eating. Have your Doctors not been able to recommend a suitable diet for you?

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone again. Trying to not loose any more now. As well as eating 2 times a day i am also having a snack at 11am (2 Riveta with peanut butter on) or (1 riveta with small tin of tuna in water or sardines in water) and at 8pm 2 chunks of 90% lindt chocolate and a sugar free cocolate biscuit. Not sure what else to do as more than 10 grams of carbs pushes my bloods up over 2 points :( and i am not a big fan of fruit
I am also exercising with resistance bands to try and build some muscle as i look like a extra for a concentration camp documentry :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
79.1 Kg weight going in wrong direction thinking that as when had covid did not eat for a week since I could eat again have been eating just about anything in sight.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@SlimLizzy I’m so sorry to hear about your problems eating. Have your Doctors not been able to recommend a suitable diet for you?
Hi mo53, had got diet all sorted for prediabetes, but now also have liver trouble, not sure which type yet, tests are still ongoing.
Diet for liver trouble seems to be low fat everything, tiny amount of cheese and red meat. Only small portions other meats. No sugary stuff or alcohol!! **** & ******
Finding it hard to reconcile with my 100carbs a day med-high fat & protein previous diet.
Only advice from internet so far. Will be interesting to see if I get to see a dietician or nutritionist.
Thanks for your concern

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SlimLizzy hopefully when they have finished the tests and given you a full diagnosis they will give you an nutritionist appointment to help. It is such hard work trying to work out the best diet to match a problem. I was lost when I was diagnosed type 2 until I found this site.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So happy to still be 10st. Never ever maintained weight before. Have had years of rising. Liking this way of eating, and no counting involved!

BoringBrian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework
12 stone again. Trying to not loose any more now. As well as eating 2 times a day i am also having a snack at 11am (2 Riveta with peanut butter on) or (1 riveta with small tin of tuna in water or sardines in water) and at 8pm 2 chunks of 90% lindt chocolate and a sugar free cocolate biscuit. Not sure what else to do as more than 10 grams of carbs pushes my bloods up over 2 points :( and i am not a big fan of fruit
I am also exercising with resistance bands to try and build some muscle as i look like a extra for a concentration camp documentry :)[/

72.5 kg today, which surprised me.
I’m beginning to wonder if I’m losing too much now, or is it due to being more active in the garden ?
Like you, my skin is really wrinkled on stomach and arms, but I don’t want to start having snacks again.
I enjoy eating in a 6 hour window, and it’s great to have a 34” waist and be able to walk for miles.
Perhaps carry on for a couple more months and see what happens.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, I made a bit of a mess with my reply.

Its fine no worries and i was watching a video by ken berry yesterday about loose skin :)

Its interesting to learn that your skin gets completely replaced every 3-4 months so intermitant fasting and what you eat will get your loose skin looking better its just a matter of time :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Its fine no worries and i was watching a video by ken berry yesterday about loose skin :)

Its interesting to learn that your skin gets completely replaced every 3-4 months so intermitant fasting and what you eat will get your loose skin looking better its just a matter of time :)
Mine goes in cycles so this info doesn't surprise me.
I watch MY 600LB LIFE and they have some cut off. Not for me, ever. My arms benefit from tighter fitted breathable tops. More for cosmetic reasons than aiding the healing process though. My tummy has no loose skin since it swells up on and off anyway. There are supplements out there to aid skin to heal but I haven't ever been interested in trying any. So far my various incisions heal well on mother nature. ;)

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was 96.6kgs on Friday morning. So lower a tad. :) Awaiting back operation date. Hoping sooner rather than later.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I have quite an amount of loose skin built up from my weight loss, my skin is prone to stretch marks and such so I’m just genetically not very elastic

have to be honest, going under the knife has crossed my mind but I also am scared that’ll make it worse. I am going to the gym, and I am told that slowly it is looking better but it is taking a long time.

I don’t know this doctor, I don’t know the credentials but interesting anyway

It is what it is, I have to be happy with myself really I think. But definitely finding exercise and focussed training is a good way to help here, I’m just rather impatient!

I tend to think those celebrity weight loss where they lose all the weight and are suddenly buff, 6 pack and not a mark in sight are unrealistic and harmful, real life doesn’t work that way

so, we are all on this thread making an effort, and all should be celebrated :) saggy bits and all