Sorry gross post.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Hi, I’ve been on Semaglutide for just 3 weeks. I was warned to expect nausea and have had the feeling of wanting to be sick a few times. Today I have actually been sick and in it were these soft small creamy/white round balls about marble sized. It doesn’t resemble anything I ate yesterday and I was actually a bit shocked. Is this anything to do with this new drug? Has anybody else had this?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No experience of the drug or vomiting like that.

However I have had those type of marble sized perfectly round white balls from 'the other end' when I have done a liver flush and released gallstones. I think you should consult a doctor asap to check this out.

Reactions: Wilber123

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I’ve been on Semaglutide for just 3 weeks. I was warned to expect nausea and have had the feeling of wanting to be sick a few times. Today I have actually been sick and in it were these soft small creamy/white round balls about marble sized. It doesn’t resemble anything I ate yesterday and I was actually a bit shocked. Is this anything to do with this new drug? Has anybody else had this?

Hi,

I would seriously be talking to a doctor on your issue..

Best wishes.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Metformin forms a matrix when disolved in the gut, and that is soft white globs that also appear in the stools at the other end. The matrix absorbs glucose from the stomach and gut as it progresses to the exit, thus reducing the amount of glucose that gets into the blood. it is probably this that you are witnessing.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Metformin forms a matrix when disolved in the gut, and that is soft white globs that also appear in the stools at the other end. The matrix absorbs glucose from the stomach and gut as it progresses to the exit, thus reducing the amount of glucose that gets into the blood. it is probably this that you are witnessing.
Is that right? I haven’t actually physically been sick for over 10 years, I normally swallow it back down. These were all the same size, colour and perfectly round.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven’t been sick anymore but my stomach hurts, can’t bear anything around it.
I do think you need to see a doctor as there could be a blockage somewhere. Best to be on the safe side.

meenahoque

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What sort of metformins you are on? Perhaps you could go on the slow release metformins to try and see whether that helps.
I used to have lot of stomach problems and diarrhoea with metformins until I started the S R metformins.
Check with the GP .
All the best .

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
What sort of metformins you are on? Perhaps you could go on the slow release metformins to try and see whether that helps.
I used to have lot of stomach problems and diarrhoea with metformins until I started the S R metformins.
Check with the GP .
All the best .
I’m on sr metformin and have been for a long time. I’ve never had any issues with metformin.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Check with the GP .
All the best .
T
I do think you need to see a doctor as there could be a blockage somewhere. Best to be on the safe side.
Thanks, I will try and book an appointment tomorrow.

Reactions: EllieM

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still think its the Metformin. Some of the XR and SR variants dissolve from the inside out, and leave the pill casing intact as a ghost pill in the stool. These would show as a pill shape in the vomit too. Are you sure they were spherical like marbles, or could they be the pills? My research to find spheroidal content being vomited (TMI) came back blank, and our bodies do not normally form perfect spheres from anything (eyeballs excepted). Since the stomach acid dissolves most things into soup, then whatever you bought up seems to be manmade and designed to transit the GI intact such as an XR tablet.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Still think its the Metformin. Some of the XR and SR variants dissolve from the inside out, and leave the pill casing intact as a ghost pill in the stool. These would show as a pill shape in the vomit too. Are you sure they were spherical like marbles, or could they be the pills? My research to find spheroidal content being vomited (TMI) came back blank, and our bodies do not normally form perfect spheres from anything (eyeballs excepted). Since the stomach acid dissolves most things into soup, then whatever you bought up seems to be manmade and designed to transit the GI intact such as an XR tablet.
Yes they were definitely spherical and soft as I had to push them down the sink. I can’t see how they were a tablet, they weren’t even the same colour as the metformin.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes they were definitely spherical and soft as I had to push them down the sink. I can’t see how they were a tablet, they weren’t even the same colour as the metformin.
Yes it was a shock to me when I saw mine. 4 perfect spheres and alot of grain shaped smaller ones. They seemed so alien to me.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
See the Doc asap. Especially if you have any signs of jaundice, or have pain in the upper right of the abdomen, usually just behind the bottom rib. it is rare, but gallstones can appear in vomit.

Last edited:

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Yes it was a shock to me when I saw mine. 4 perfect spheres and alot of grain shaped smaller ones. They seemed so alien to me.
Thanks, I have tried the drs today but they only bookable phone appt is on the 18th March I can’t wait that long to know. They said to ring in the morning I might be able to speak to a dr then. I thought gallstones were hard?