What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone of a very late start here on a quite bright morning in the dark and dangerous north
So much going on yesterday - actually found a bus stop with people waiting and after a chat about routes and timetables, flashed my bus pass and enjoyed the ride on the nearly empty bus. All manner of delights for offer at the farmers market but shortened my arms and only purchased what I had in mind. Apart from a rather nice looking Polish sweet bread bun studded with slices of sausage for my BIL who was busy in the garden constructing a path. A biking pal that I had not seen for over a year called round and we had a good old natter, like in a scene involving Cissie Braithwaite and Ada Shufflebotham leaning over the wall. Girl in the bubble is upstairs - still sleeping, as is Mrs Miggins - a disturbed night.
Art bit - something I did last week - A3 on rice paper. Hope your Sunday is a very peaceful one and involves some time for yourself. Koffy for me.

upload_2022-3-13_8-56-51.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone of a very late start here on a quite bright morning in the dark and dangerous north
So much going on yesterday - actually found a bus stop with people waiting and after a chat about routes and timetables, flashed my bus pass and enjoyed the ride on the nearly empty bus. All manner of delights for offer at the farmers market but shortened my arms and only purchased what I had in mind. Apart from a rather nice looking Polish sweet bread bun studded with slices of sausage for my BIL who was busy in the garden constructing a path. A biking pal that I had not seen for over a year called round and we had a good old natter, like in a scene involving Cissie Braithwaite and Ada Shufflebotham leaning over the wall. Girl in the bubble is upstairs - still sleeping, as is Mrs Miggins - a disturbed night.
Art bit - something I did last week - A3 on rice paper. Hope your Sunday is a very peaceful one and involves some time for yourself. Koffy for me.

View attachment 53755
Thank you for the good wishes for my day and the gift of your gift of art. Top job on them there shortened arms and bus pass. JKP has one but I don't - dogs kennel fees and hotel bills until one could make a return journey wouldn't be cost effective. I hope TGIB and the inestimable Mrs Miggins enjoy a sleep for the ages. As for the news it seems to attract me like a moth to a flame as does Swipey. Yeats seems to be on the money for that.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lionel Blue was fond of saying Chicken Soup for the soul but maybe we can re-purpose (so very woke, dontcha know) that as sausage roll and coffee for the soul? I hope the weather is more friendly there than it is here.
Yes, for Mr K a sausage roll is definitely for the soul. For me it is coffee.
The weather here is not very friendly either. No rain (yet) but really windy. I don't think our walk around the water gardens will be a very long walk.

Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, for Mr K a sausage roll is definitely for the soul. For me it is coffee.
The weather here is not very friendly either. No rain (yet) but really windy. I don't think our walk around the water gardens will be a very long walk.
The wind and buffeting reminded me of this poem I have just read. Heaney was troubled by the news as he lived during The Troubles but this poem reminds us that, in his words - used in his Nobel Prize acceptance speech (thanks Malcolm Guite) we can "make space for the marvellous as well as the murderous." Your walk and the cafe will bring the marvellous from outside of you to deep inside you - at least for a while. Grab hold of that feeling and "treasure it in your heart." Now I need a not cross bun because it is Sunday - a mini Easter and even my Elsie prison has her moments.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The wind and buffeting reminded me of this poem I have just read. Heaney was troubled by the news as he lived during The Troubles but this poem reminds us that, in his words used in his Nobel Prize acceptance speech (thanks Malcolm Guite) we can "make space for the marvellous as well as the murderous." Your walk and the cafe will bring the marvellous from outside of you to deep inside you - at least for a while. Grab hold of that feeling and "treasure it in your heart." Now I need a not cross bun because it is Sunday - a mini Easter and even the Elsie prison has her moments.
I enjoyed the reading of this poem by the author - not cross bun but shudder to think about the carbs in this recipe; https://patient.info/news-and-features/recipe-diabetes-friendly-hot-cross-buns

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the good wishes for my day and the gift of your gift of art. Top job on them there shortened arms and bus pass. JKP has one but I don't - dogs kennel fees and hotel bills until one could make a return journey wouldn't be cost effective. I hope TGIB and the inestimable Mrs Miggins enjoy a sleep for the ages. As for the news it seems to attract me like a moth to a flame as does Swipey. Yeats seems to be on the money for that.
Thank you for the poem.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-13 10.24.51.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-13 10.24.51.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 38

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings from a dull old man on a dull second Sunday in Lent in Forest Heath and probably everywhere else. Swipey wanted my fbg to be 5.3 at 4.27 but it doesn't want me to trust what it shows, Elsie/Ketowetowoos or any lifestyle that might last even a whole 24 hrs. Quantum Physics interests me not one iota but I get the vibe dudes. I honestly don't set out to be a contrarian but I do have a very deep feeling that "this isn't right" - there is definitely "something better out there." I want delicious, nutritious, satiaticious and Swipey friendlyicous - heavy on the fish and salad please. Instead today is roast chicken day because promising to love JKP in front of God and a big audience means for life T2 or not. Moving on. @gennepher good news on the garden and wildlife front. Thanks for another splendid kaleidoscope (I'm becoming fluent in typing that
xbyhqaLqb4Tjbgipud7eg3RYWgwTvaaji51gu7nJPmGIyG69rr-TFcKQ-n1CwLa7ieE5xvkyOuLHSwSljJMbwazKRqJG7CyX8wPzWtgaAxpMq7wFRSa61yC6IAk4hIJCYqQr4JRg
) World news is heartbreaking, sport yesterday didn't "do it for me," COVID rates are rising (who could possibly have foreseen that?) but Amazon delivered more Assam leaves - what's not to like?

Kaleidoscope is a word that flows over the keys....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing better than the ‘all is well’ cry in the garden and the order of the universe returning. Another lovely kaleidoscope. I searched for Popeye in the maze but then there he was, peering out of a vortex.
Thanks @dunelm
:)
He thought he would be a bit different today....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here is a poem with some relevance to a few: @Krystyna23040 geographically; @Granny_grump_ for the getting out and about after COVID sheltering and the positive impact on your mental health; @jjraak on your slow but steady recovery; for @dunelm and your walks into town despite back issues; for @gennepher with your mobility issues but deep, deep love of the mysterious link between the external world and internal life. It works well even if you ignore any Christian message, IMHO. I like that part of N Norfolk much more than Breckland or Suffolk generally.
The poem feels like the freedom of the animals in my back garden...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 53755
Sounded like a nice companionable day @dunelm
Your art bit...peacefulness and tranquility...

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A late entry on the thread from me, again.

Always much more of a night owl then the early bird
But sleep is all over the place at the moment.

A hard refrain but I do remind myself how far I have come, but frustration still nags me at the glacial pace,,:banghead:
And sleep seems more a release from these mundane 4 walls that is so my normal now.

Beginning to understand why cats scratch to get out ..then scratch to get back in so soon.:rolleyes::D

Lauren, after what's been a tough year or two for.her, has with lots of encouragement from me, that I'd be fine... Now departed the early hours for a week's yoga retreat/course in the canaries.

So up until silly o'clock with her, BGs seemed s pointless task.

I Understand the news avoidance, but I too am drawn to it like a moth .
Hoping each day brings more good news then bad.
But still find myself mining deep for the smallest of morsels to cheer, yet still I return each day

Hoping for a good afternoon for you all

Unfettered by compromising, I shall channel my inner cat, and peruse the houses & sleep where and when I desire (windowsill excluded )

Stay safe, all

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I almost though he was the inner ring in the kaleidoscope, but then I spotted him..

Nice

Ps garden scene sounded idyllic.:)
Thanks @jjraak :)
Popeye was wandering a bit!

I am having a peaceful day, lying here in bed at the moment, between activity bits, with bedroom door open into the garden, and watching the garden entertainment. The activity bits being, clearing the kitchen/sorting the vegetable garden/filling pots with some soil (ready for a delivery tomorrow)/waiting for and receiving a a parcel/repeated fillings of the cat bowl/chucking some junk out/reorganising some shelves/I am sure there was more.

And it's only 1:45 pm.

More activity bits now. Cat bowl needs refilling. I need a cuppa. Now, post cards to write...and I can watch garden antics while I do that...and I haven't looked online at news today. So peaceful. Chilly out side. It feels like a lazy Sunday...

It is strange, but the more rests I take the longer (in a good way) the day becomes, and the more I get done, and I actually feel like I am being really lazy with all the rests!

Time is an illusion.

No ear on to hear the noise of neighbours.

You are right. It is idyllic.

I hope you are having your kind of amazing idyllic Sunday!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A late entry on the thread from me, again.

Always much more of a night owl then the early bird
But sleep is all over the place at the moment.

A hard refrain but I do remind myself how far I have come, but frustration still nags me at the glacial pace,,:banghead:
And seems more a release from these mundane 4 walls that is so my normal now.

Beginning to understand why cats scratch to get out ..then scratch to get back in so soon.:rolleyes::D

Lauren, after what's been a tough year or two for.her, has with lots of encouragement from me, that I'd be fine... Now departed the early hours for a week's yoga retreat/course in the canaries.

So up until silly o'clock with her, BGs seemed s pointless task.

I Understand the news avoidance, but I too am drawn to it like a moth .
Hoping each day brings more good news then bad.
But still find myself mining deep for the smallest of morsels to cheer, yet still I return each day

Hoping for a good afternoon for you all

Unfettered by comprising, I shall channel my inner cat, and peruse the houses & sleep where and when I desire (windowsill excluded )

Stay safe, all
You have come a long way. It is not easy to see that of oneself @jjraak
That will be good for both of you, Lauren going on that week's yoga retreat in the Canaries.

Try and have at least one day news avoidance. Just for the rest of today would be good. Then back to looking again at the news tomorrow. I am normally searching it too much. But today is my rest day from any news.

Windowsills are nice actually if you are channeling your inner cat searching for a sunny spot

t09158.gif
t09159.gif

Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
S.i.l. at Warrington gone down with COVID after a writing and and acting course. They were to be coming up today for words by the Water at Keswick next next week so that's put the tin lid on it.
Such is life

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have come a long way. It is not easy to see that of oneself @jjraak
That will be good for both of you, Lauren going on that week's yoga retreat in the Canaries.

Try and have at least one day news avoidance. Just for the rest of today would be good. Then back to looking again at the news tomorrow. I am normally searching it too much. But today is my rest day from any news.

Windowsills are nice actually if you are channeling your inner cat searching for a sunny spot

t09158.gif
t09159.gif

Windowsills..:hilarious::hilarious:

Laurens bff ..had a big ginger cat that used to bask belly up in her first floor window box. Lol.

X