Ozempic.

milly7uk

Hi
I started to take Ozempic in December and I’m due to start my 1mg dose this evening. Just lately, I have started to ache all over, tired all the time and have headaches. I thought I had COVID at first but my LFT’s are negative. Can Ozempic cause a degree of Ketosis? Obviously my sugar intake is low to begin with but this is starting to get me down as I can’t go to the gym and I have no energy. Any thoughts appreciated.

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Sorry I cant help but will watch closely as my husband is starting this very soon , I hope you get some answers

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi
I started to take Ozempic in December and I’m due to start my 1mg dose this evening. Just lately, I have started to ache all over, tired all the time and have headaches. I thought I had COVID at first but my LFT’s are negative. Can Ozempic cause a degree of Ketosis? Obviously my sugar intake is low to begin with but this is starting to get me down as I can’t go to the gym and I have no energy. Any thoughts appreciated.
rep

Report this to your GP, this does sound like side effects or your body is adjusting to new meds!

ozempic has very good results for those struggling with control.

There are those who can do vigorous exercise, and those like me, who have great energy but are prone to trigger a liver dump, which for me is not good!

best wishes.

Gill63

Hi
This could be Covid. LFTs not always reiable, go for a PCR.

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Hi

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Hi Mily
I’m on Omeprazole the 2nd dose up. I often feel tired very sleepy and achey all over.
I have arthritis so I’m not good on the best of days.
I was thinking it may be the Ozempic
But it has helped my sugars a lot from 150 last year to 79 this month. My nurse is encouraging and says keep going and push through . I just go and have a nap
Best wishes HH

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mily
I’m on Omeprazole the 2nd dose up. I often feel tired very sleepy and achey all over.
I have arthritis so I’m not good on the best of days.
I was thinking it may be the Ozempic
But it has helped my sugars a lot from 150 last year to 79 this month. My nurse is encouraging and says keep going and push through . I just go and have a nap
Best wishes HH

@happy

I'm 3 months in on Ozempic. I'm suffer from T2DM. I 'm making good progress I'm down 13lbs. & I'm starting to sleep better. Taking Ozempic is a struggle at first (with the side effects) but I'm making it happen. I'm on 0.5mg/week so with the large pen I'm making it last 8 weeks. Hope this helps.. I'm in no rush to move to 1.0mg/week. I'm losing weight nicely..