Minimed 640g Insulin Flow Blockage Repeatedly - Help!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@IanRA. You're replying to a thread that's over 5 years old. You'd probably get more answers starting a new thread of your own.

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Sorry to hear about your situation. This is happening to me every week. Having loads of problems with the Medtronic pump because insulin flow is blocked. Even when it’s not reporting the flow being blocked, my blood glucose is literally sky high, into the twenties no matter how much insulin I bolus or how many times I change the set in the space of a day or week. It’s really exhausting, frightening and seriously damages the whole body. It’s been going on since September, and I’m really fed up to say the least. I have an appointment with new diabetic team in 28th hopefully they can sort it out, although I’m seriously thinking of going back to injections. I did this before for two years when I just couldn’t get any control with the pump. I’m guessing that my problem is also to do with scarring, but it’s not as if we have an infinite amount of space to use
Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I totally get what’s happening to you. It’s very frustrating, to say the least.
Hope you get things sorted fast. Xxx

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@gemma_T1 @IanRA

Switch to the Sure t set ASAP - I had big issues with the Mio kinking and BG rising out of control, insulin wasn't going in, after I started using steel tip sets I never had this issue again.