Autonomic Neuropathy

homer190376

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All,

I know I've approached this subject before, but does anyone have any experience in the autonomic nervous system? I have been diabetic for 23 years under fairly good control, however recently have had been admitted to hospital, it was found that my Autonomic nervous system has substantial damage approaching complete failure.

I know there is not a cure, but as yet no one has actually explained what this means for my quality of life or life expectancy?

does anyone suffer similar, if any advice would be mthly appreciated.

thank you

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Hi All,

I know I've approached this subject before, but does anyone have any experience in the autonomic nervous system? I have been diabetic for 23 years under fairly good control, however recently have had been admitted to hospital, it was found that my Autonomic nervous system has substantial damage approaching complete failure.

I know there is not a cure, but as yet no one has actually explained what this means for my quality of life or life expectancy?

does anyone suffer similar, if any advice would be mthly appreciated.

thank you
I may have, but I have not been tested. What kind of test did you get? I am suspecting too high insulin for some yrs. having similar effects to neuropathy, along with hyperactive side effects, insomnia, etc. Do you take insulin?

homer190376

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I may have, but I have not been tested. What kind of test did you get? I am suspecting too high insulin for some yrs. having similar effects to neuropathy, along with hyperactive side effects, insomnia, etc. Do you take insulin?

Yes insulin 4 times a day, I had a Autonomic function test after two trips to A&E in February.