Achy achy legs

D'wards

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.
Type 1 here.

I have slight numbness on my feet and ankles.
I used to do a lot of walking- getting my 10000 steps in a day

Now since lockdown that dwindled and for the last 6 months I have not really walked anywhere as I was working from home. My exercise was nil.

Now today I went back to the office which is about a miles walk away .

When walking to walk I tend to walk quite fast, but today my legs were aching badly almost immediately. They actually gave way when I was climbing some stairs as I had a heavy backpack.

Do you think my fatigue is due to me basically not walking properly for at least 6 months? Or could neuropathy be to blame?
I'm booking a drs appointment but wondered what people thought here

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You haven't walked for 6 months,you do your first exercise and you'll legs will ache.
I doubt it's anything to do with neuropathy.

cxl0702

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.
Type 1 here.

I have slight numbness on my feet and ankles.
I used to do a lot of walking- getting my 10000 steps in a day

Now since lockdown that dwindled and for the last 6 months I have not really walked anywhere as I was working from home. My exercise was nil.

Now today I went back to the office which is about a miles walk away .

When walking to walk I tend to walk quite fast, but today my legs were aching badly almost immediately. They actually gave way when I was climbing some stairs as I had a heavy backpack.

Do you think my fatigue is due to me basically not walking properly for at least 6 months? Or could neuropathy be to blame?
I'm booking a drs appointment but wondered what people thought here

I recently got the peloton tread and my legs are like Concreate so ordered one of them muscle guns tonight. It does not feel right I once able to run at least 5k a day. But I can use a bike all day long. I am putting it down to cobweb blowing st the moment.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Best get checked at Docs I think. It could be any number of things.
You certainly don't want me diagnosing you! :)
Best of luck

Beepie

I am glad that you can get to see your doctor well done you and them. You are right to have a check up but it’s most likely because you have very suddenly begun to exercise after a while of doin nowt .

Reactions: D'wards