Weekly weigh in - Fridays

whiteorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have quite an amount of loose skin built up from my weight loss, my skin is prone to stretch marks and such so I’m just genetically not very elastic

have to be honest, going under the knife has crossed my mind but I also am scared that’ll make it worse. I am going to the gym, and I am told that slowly it is looking better but it is taking a long time.

I don’t know this doctor, I don’t know the credentials but interesting anyway

It is what it is, I have to be happy with myself really I think. But definitely finding exercise and focussed training is a good way to help here, I’m just rather impatient!

I tend to think those celebrity weight loss where they lose all the weight and are suddenly buff, 6 pack and not a mark in sight are unrealistic and harmful, real life doesn’t work that way

so, we are all on this thread making an effort, and all should be celebrated :) saggy bits and all

My downfall has been steroids when I have several asthma attacks close together. Also my diabetic doctor has me on medication that will aid weight gain even though she wants me to lose weight. I am being referred for a weight loss programme and would like to do Slimming World online if I can. I have a lot of weight to lose and I do worry about the loose skin if I lose 4st. I worry it will cause me a lot of problems like chafing and sore skin in the folds of skin.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My downfall has been steroids when I have several asthma attacks close together. Also my diabetic doctor has me on medication that will aid weight gain even though she wants me to lose weight. I am being referred for a weight loss programme and would like to do Slimming World online if I can. I have a lot of weight to lose and I do worry about the loose skin if I lose 4st. I worry it will cause me a lot of problems like chafing and sore skin in the folds of skin.
I think going slow and steady and maybe if you can looking into the exercises that can help tone the areas can help. I lost weight during lockdown so couldn’t go to the gym, I don’t go as much as I would like but am finding it is slowly helping

crash dieting can work but as many find, it isn’t sustainable. Whilst I have put some weight back on, I haven’t gone anywhere near where I was but it’s a permanent change to diet and fitness

it’s often quoted but it’s true, it’s a marathon not a sprint

Reactions: mo53

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
77.1kg today so a slight drop and that’s okay, keeping the ship steady, as it were

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone again so happy with that. People who have not seen me for a while shocked what 5 stone weight loss looks like, dont think they ever seen me thin :). I am telling people i am trying to put some weight on now which is a first for me

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, I’m a bit confused this morning. Despite restarting swimming twice each week and gardening I have put on 3lbs since last week! I hope this is a temporary blip.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, I’m a bit confused this morning. Despite restarting swimming twice each week and gardening I have put on 3lbs since last week! I hope this is a temporary blip.

I would say building up the muscles which of course weigh heavier.

Reactions: bulkbiker

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have quite an amount of loose skin built up from my weight loss, my skin is prone to stretch marks and such so I’m just genetically not very elastic

have to be honest, going under the knife has crossed my mind but I also am scared that’ll make it worse. I am going to the gym, and I am told that slowly it is looking better but it is taking a long time.

I don’t know this doctor, I don’t know the credentials but interesting anyway

It is what it is, I have to be happy with myself really I think. But definitely finding exercise and focussed training is a good way to help here, I’m just rather impatient!

I tend to think those celebrity weight loss where they lose all the weight and are suddenly buff, 6 pack and not a mark in sight are unrealistic and harmful, real life doesn’t work that way

so, we are all on this thread making an effort, and all should be celebrated :) saggy bits and all

A few years ago, when having breast surgery, I quipped with the surgeon it'd be great if I woke with matching perkier girls. That was never going to happen, but it got us onto a discussion about boob jobs, relating to potential reconstructive surgery.

At the end of the chat, she said something along the lines of, ".... if you or anyone you know is thinking of a boob job, I strongly suggest looking seriously at tops of arms and decolletage. Those are the bits most often on show and where most benefit will be in terms of visibility and feedback...."

So think carefully if the knife beckons.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight this week 45.1kg.
No gain but at least it's not a loss.
The doctor has ordered more extensive tests and a scan.
I have now lost nearly 10kg in four months.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It could be inflammation from working extra hard. I get tight swollen hands and ankles if I do too much. It can add a few pounds from water retention. See what you weigh next week?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weight this week 45.1kg.
No gain but at least it's not a loss.
The doctor has ordered more extensive tests and a scan.
I have now lost nearly 10kg in four months.
Let us know how you get on. Scan on pancreas?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
97kgs this Friday but birthday treats are in. Sooo they will talk to me until their eaten. No birthday cake this year. I passed for enjoying treats friends had wrapped and kids had their yearly McDonalds. I ate meat only. So I may be same next Friday we'll see. March is a bad month to eat strictly in our house. Last week it was birthday cheesecake or ice cream.
Ps. Morrisons are doing Oppo ice cream.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi ickihun
Seems to be general abdomen, pelvic scan.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 144lbs this week. I have lost the 3lbs that I seemed to gain last week so that is good news :)

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone again this week. Eating more now, not sure why but peanut butter on cracker bread just tastes so nice, not sure if its the taste and texture after months of eating meat but it hits the spot :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi ickihun
Seems to be general abdomen, pelvic scan.
Mine showed up gallbladder and liver changes. Now gallbladder is out and liver has its moments. Bowel has been affected by old surgery but keeps getting interfered with by adhesions before gallbladder op. So awaiting consultant but back op is happening in next few weeks. Any improvement for walking will be great. Fingers crossed. Keep me updated @SlimLizzy :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning Friday weighers.
Today a loss:bigtears:
45kg exactly 7st 1lb
Not really surprising with all the running around I have been doing, but definitely going in the wrong direction.

Reactions: Mike d

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow ickihun, you’ve a lot going on!!! Well done on the blood glucose levels and getting out and about. I hope your back operation goes well and that COVID remains mild for you.

Your message has come at a great time and reminded me to stay positive. Another week of the same weight. I tried upping my activity but it wiped me out for a few days - guess the thyroid isn’t quite right after all. Or worse that I just can’t do exercise together with daily activity anymore (it’s one or the other), in which case I have no idea how to actually lose weight!

Gah, I have a few things to try yet and will keep on tweaking to see if I can find the right combo.
My old faithful reliable weight loss aid is eat loss carb and low calorie. Low carb for fatty liver. As fatty liver stops weight loss. Low calorie as high calorie doesn't help me lose weight but they have to be a duel effort or I'm wasting my time. Now I'm pressured into eating to FODMAP. Only if it fits the dual weight loss plan I've decided and I won't be changing that, not for a while anyway. How do you feel about low carb& low calorie for you? When do you lose any weight no matter how small?