Miao miao

Richard F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a bit of a technophobe but getting on well with freestyle 2, I find the reader easier to use than my android Samsung galaxy (I wear work gloves, one handed operation, and more reliable scan all better with the reader)

Wondering how people getting on with the miaomiaio, benifits and drawbacks?

Would I need something like this too?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitness-Ac...cphy=9045552&hvtargid=pla-1431937129388&psc=1

Last edited:
Reactions: StuartFP

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a bit of a technophobe but getting on well with freestyle 2, I find the reader easier to use than my android Samsung galaxy (I wear work gloves, one handed operation, and more reliable scan all better with the reader)

Wondering how people getting on with the miaomiaio, benifits and drawbacks?
With the Libre2 there is no need for a MiaoMiao anymore to get your numbers sent directly to your phone (and from there to a smartwatch if you like).
The MiaoMiao was needed with the Libre1 to translate the NFC signal to a bluetooth signal to be picked up without scanning the sensor.
The Libre2 itself has bluetooth, so no need for the extra device.

I use DiaBox on my Samsung, works pretty good for me.
The easiest way to learn about it is joining the Facebook group on it, if you are on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/974278412920319

Some others, especially iPhone users use xDrip but I don't know much about it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Richard F ,

I'd concur with using a third party app like Diabox on your phone which gives a CMG funtion on your phone.
Home screen read outs or notifacations on the lock screen at a glance. Straight from the L2 sensor.
Alarms can be set too. High or low? Without even opening the app..

I did use the Miaomiao with the libre 1. But it became redundant when the L2 came along..
I do use a Bluetooth bridge to scan the sensor & send to a stand alone watch (Watlaa one.) which is a Bubble mini.

Alas, in this department regarding the algorithm for the L2. The Miaomiao got left behind with consistency of signal reliability?
In my experience.

I'm not certain the watch you linked In your post would work with what you are looking for? Regarding the firmware of the device.. But I have seen others that may suit your budget.

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I did use the Miaomiao with the libre 1. But it became redundant when the L2 came along..
I do use a Bluetooth bridge to scan the sensor & send to a stand alone watch (Watlaa one.) which is a Bubble mini.

I use a Watlaa watch. Previously I linked to xDrip+ via Libre and MiauMiau, but now I have Libre2 and Bubble. Watlaa gets readings, but I cannot connect to xDrip+ from Watlaa. Would you please advise me what option to pick on from xDrip+ ... 'Settings'... 'Hardware Data Source'?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a Watlaa watch. Previously I linked to xDrip+ via Libre and MiauMiau, but now I have Libre2 and Bubble. Watlaa gets readings, but I cannot connect to xDrip+ from Watlaa. Would you please advise me what option to pick on from xDrip+ ... 'Settings'... 'Hardware Data Source'?

Hi,

Well? Oddly I use a Bubble mini patched to the Watlaa.
With the new firmware update for the bubble on the watch, Xdrip wanted (from memory.) to put a code into the watch so the app would talk. I couldn't find a way to do this so the watch stands alone though I can calibrate the watch using the Watlaa app on my phone. There seemed to be no way to get Xdrip to take data off the watch..

But then I went down the route of alowing the libre 2 to connect directly with the app & let the bubble scan the sensor & talk to the watch?

To be frank, I found Xdrip in the end an over bloated hassle to set up on my phone & the connection was flakey with my device with the patched OOP2 apk?

Do I have the Diabox app doing the CGM thing flawlessly on my phone.

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

Well? Oddly I use a Bubble mini patched to the Watlaa.
With the new firmware update for the bubble on the watch, Xdrip wanted (from memory.) to put a code into the watch so the app would talk. I couldn't find a way to do this so the watch stands alone though I can calibrate the watch using the Watlaa app on my phone. There seemed to be no way to get Xdrip to take data off the watch..

But then I went down the route of alowing the libre 2 to connect directly with the app & let the bubble scan the sensor & talk to the watch?

To be frank, I found Xdrip in the end an over bloated hassle to set up on my phone & the connection was flakey with my device with the patched OOP2 apk?

Do I have the Diabox app doing the CGM thing flawlessly on my phone.
Thank you for your reply. I only started using the Bubble Mini yesterday. Thus far I have been unable to download Diabox, nor am I able to make the Libre2 'talk' to xDrip. It's all very well that Libre 2 has high and low alarms but readings are so inaccurate that I really miss the xDrip connection.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for your reply. I only started using the Bubble Mini yesterday. Thus far I have been unable to download Diabox, nor am I able to make the Libre2 'talk' to xDrip. It's all very well that Libre 2 has high and low alarms but readings are so inaccurate that I really miss the xDrip connection.

Personally, i find the L2 reasonable with the accuracy to my meter..

Diabox can be calibrated. Here are some links that may help you find the app. I found it alot easier to use & customise than xDrip.

https://www.bubblan.org/apkplz/

This may help you too? https://bgonmywatch.com/1a-diabox-with-and-without-the-bubble-for-the-nontechies/

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

ministry

Hello!
I'm a forum newbie.
I'm a happy "freestyle 1" user for the last few years and I'm happy with it, but since I experienced a couple of hypoglicemia episodes nightime , I was interested to test MiaoMiao along with my smartphone.
I don't see any compatiblity list: does this work with any Android device, provided they have bluetooth? I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, while my partner (who is diabetic too) has a Xiaomi Redmi 8 (they don't have a NFC reader)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!
I'm a forum newbie.
I'm a happy "freestyle 1" user for the last few years and I'm happy with it, but since I experienced a couple of hypoglicemia episodes nightime , I was interested to test MiaoMiao along with my smartphone.
I don't see any compatiblity list: does this work with any Android device, provided they have bluetooth? I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, while my partner (who is diabetic too) has a Xiaomi Redmi 8 (they don't have a NFC reader)

Hi,

Personally? I would opt for the second generation Libre 2 with Bluetooth. & put the money into an android phone with NFC.. (As opposed to a Miaomiao.)

It doesn't have to be an expensive device? I use a Samsung Galaxy note 9 which was second hand.? (Used & refurbished.) works great. Previously, I was using a Note 4 version with the Libre 2.

Hope this helps..

Reactions: EllieM

ministry

Personally? I would opt for the second generation Libre 2 with Bluetooth. & put the money into an android phone with NFC.. (As opposed to a Miaomiao.)

Hello!
Thanks for your suggestions, but actually I'd rather stay with the current phones (it's not only a matter of price).
Morever, at the moment the Libre2 is not provided by our nhs. :(

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!
Thanks for your suggestions, but actually I'd rather stay with the current phones (it's not only a matter of price).
Morever, at the moment the Libre2 is not provided by our nhs. :(

OK. In that case? I can tell you from experience I've used the Miaiomiao 2 & a Bublan "bubble mini."

Take a look at the bubble.. ;)

Better battery life after months of use, the MM was loosing lustre in that department (needed more charges to keep up?)
The Bubble is more comfortable to wear..(for me.))

Below is a comparison on the footprint.. Old photo I took.

Edit to add I use the bubble as a bridge for a stand alone Watlaa one dedicated watch.

Hope this helps with your choice?

image.jpeg

ministry

OK. In that case? I can tell you from experience I've used the Miaiomiao 2 & a Bublan "bubble mini."
View attachment 53975

So they both work with any recent Android phone?
What do you think about Dexcom 6? I'm testing it and it actually works but the reader itself is not much practical (the phone compatibility list is very restricted). Plus, I still feel the sensor stinging from time to time.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So they both work with any recent Android phone?
What do you think about Dexcom 6? I'm testing it and it actually works but the reader itself is not much practical (the phone compatibility list is very restricted). Plus, I still feel the sensor stinging from time to time.
Pretty much. But you would need either xDrip or Diabox app to run it.
One great feature on both apps is the sensor can be calibrated to your meter, if the reading is off..