Libre link mobile

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
I had my phone crash due to the LibreLink and been thinking about the scanner from libre instead of my phone, it looses the Bluetooth connection all the time even when my phone is beside me or on me or even in the car anyone not use there phone?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the reader to start it and then xdrip on my phone. Am on my 2nd reader, and both of ,them continually bleep with lost connection even when in my pocket (phone not near it) or next to me. Abbott refused to replace it again, and keep saying it's a faulty sensor, but it happens with every sensor. Hope you get on better with it if you get a reader.

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
That sounds awful maybe a reader isn't a great idea I do hope you manage to get another reader

Reactions: Hopeful34

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my phone crash due to the LibreLink and been thinking about the scanner from libre instead of my phone, it looses the Bluetooth connection all the time even when my phone is beside me or on me or even in the car anyone not use there phone?
I use the reader, supplied by Abbott, and haven’t had any problems.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use my phone and have no problems unless I try to pair a forth Bluetooth device with it.
Bluetooth chips vary per device but it seems there is a limit of how many Bluetooth connections a phone can hold reliably.

Bluetooth is not the most dependable transport and, the most common phone manufacturer, Samsung, seems to be renowned for having the worst Bluetooth.

A reader may be an option but bear in mind I believe Libre 3 does not have a reader.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

If Android.
Have you tried going into settings, then apps, system apps, Bluetooth. click storage then clearing the data & cache..?

This may help..

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use my phone and have no problems unless I try to pair a forth Bluetooth device with it.
Bluetooth chips vary per device but it seems there is a limit of how many Bluetooth connections a phone can hold reliably.

Bluetooth is not the most dependable transport and, the most common phone manufacturer, Samsung, seems to be renowned for having the worst Bluetooth.

A reader may be an option but bear in mind I believe Libre 3 does not have a reader.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
“ libre 3 does not have a reader” … oh no, I’ve spent the last few years trying to avoid having to buy a phone. Now people will be able to contact me when I’m trying to hide

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles

To right that's what I have a samsung

Kay1964_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My libre 2 sensor does not work with my iPhone 8 Plus tried changing sensor still did not work my husband took the librelink app off and put it back on lost all my data and iPhone still didn’t scan so using reader now.

Reactions: Smiler99

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My libre 2 sensor does not work with my iPhone 8 Plus tried changing sensor still did not work my husband took the librelink app off and put it back on lost all my data and iPhone still didn’t scan so using reader now.

You shouldn't have 'lost' your data, it is just the phone that has started again. The LibreView server (provided you had created an account) will still have the data from the first time you scanned.

Don't forget the reader has to be uploaded manually by connecting to a PC and using LibreView.

HTH

Kay1964_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you my phone has not scanned my libre 2 since Saturday evening so will not be using it for now but will keep checking once I get my updates to see if it will work thank you for helping me as not used the reader since I have been on libre 2.