Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't had it either. I felt really ucky last December. My nose was running, I was coughing more and fatigue for a few weeks. And my back hurt more. But I have allergies so.......At the time we had long lines for testing and the drive through was 4 plus hours in the car waiting. And I wasn't really sick or anything.

But later I kept wondering, so I finally got a test done and nope I've never had it! .............. I was disappointed because I think eventually I will get it, inevitable like you said @Fairygodmother and they know how to treat it more now. And with Omnicron it wasn't as likely to make you as sick. But it would have been nice to have had it behind me once already and to have not gotten really sick from it.

Reactions: Hopeful34

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
You’re right, @Marie 2, it would be nice to have come through it. I think that there’s so much that’s unknown that it’s unsurprising there’s a healthy fear of it. Younger daughter, who had it before Christmas, tested positive again. The symptoms were a nasty cold. She tested negative again the the next day, and is now perfectly fine. She reckons she’s gained a lot of immunity against the current variant.

Reactions: Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't had it......yet. Been to a couple of gigs as well, both unmasked, one all standing. I agree @Marie 2 it does feel kind of inevitable, though you never know, some of us have to have natural immunity - don't we?

Reactions: RVW and Marie 2

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are certainly more people catching it here again, and more people in hospital, leading to planned operations (including life saving cancer ones) being cancelled due to bed shortage/staff off sick with Covid. I've managed to avoid getting it so far.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mornin’ all. Interesting responses to having Covid. I wonder if we’ve been trying harder than most to avoid it.
It’s Get Lost on the Way to BigJigs day today. I hope there’ll be someone who can give me a hand unloading the heavy boxes of tinned high energy food when I get there.
Amazingly bright, sunny and warm here, I even put washing out last night so that it would be on the line in time to catch the first rays of the sun.
Have a good day everyone.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1645129714864.jpg

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
So it sounds like a lot of people have already gotten drawers instead of cupboards, lol. So just a question. I'm assuming that for a cupboard with two shelves, you get two drawers. But are they the same width and have you varied the height at all? I guess I want to know what seems to work the best if there is a difference in set up? Did you lose space or is it the same?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @Marie 2, we redesigned the way the units worked. It’s a small L shaped kitchen so we went for two long base drawers on one side, with another that’s set in the top drawer to hold the cutlery and smaller kitchen implements. The top drawer needs to be opened before that one’s accessed. The two drawers are deep enough o hold a lot of crockery, enough to forego washing up for a week. There’s a drawer beneath the sink and drainer hat hold pots and pans, and a corner unit with swivel shelves, no reaching into corners. The top units have pull down shelves in them.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So it sounds like a lot of people have already gotten drawers instead of cupboards, lol. So just a question. I'm assuming that for a cupboard with two shelves, you get two drawers. But are they the same width and have you varied the height at all? I guess I want to know what seems to work the best if there is a difference in set up? Did you lose space or is it the same?
We only lost space because we swopped very high wall units with unreachable shelves for lower units with pull down shelves, and put in an integrated fridge freezer instead of a freestanding one that was like a big lump to exclude the light.

Reactions: Marie 2

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone, sunny day here too. Have got someone coming to see if they can repair my recliner chair this afternoon. I really hope they can, as it's been so uncomfortable for the last 3 days. Hope everyone's diabetes is behaving itself.

Edited to say the repair guy never came :banghead: He only arranged it late morning, and I'd waited in especially for him, so am not impressed. If he'd rung and told me, I could have gone out. Hey ho, we'll see if he responds to the phone message I left late afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Afternoon

So sorry Karen to hear the news.

I hope you are feeling better now.
Sending lots of prayers

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
First time, I guess it was going to happen eventually. I woke up and saw I was heading downwards and versus waiting for a low alert to wake me up, I went ahead and opened and drank some OJ. I didn't end up screwing the cap back on tight AND unknowingly tipped it over. I woke this morning and grabbed my stuff off the nightstand to see a mess. I'm kind of glad it was unknowingly as I slept nicely and cleaning it up would have certainly woken me up. No big deal it could be worse. Cleaned it up and went to close the top drawer which I leave open at night so I can easily grab, glasses, meter etc if needed. Yea, in the drawer too. Still at least it was contained in a corner area.

Sigh............the kicker is I probably wasn't really low as my sensor in testing this morning was reading 40 points lower than what I'm at. I calibrated it and it dropped down to reading 40 points lower again, calibrated it again same thing, so the sensor is now pulled off. I think the transmitter played a part as I was getting low battery alerts this morning, it was needing to be replaced after this sensor.

I love tech...........when it works.

Reactions: Yaya10_10