Pasta

Kazz94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m really missing pasta and can’t stand low carb substitutes. Has anyone tried reheated pasta on BG? Dies it work?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I do it often fine for me.

Reactions: Kazz94

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Doesn't work for me. But I've heard it does for others.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It works for me, but only a small portion as it will blow my bgl out.

I found spiral pasta to be the best for me after experimenting.

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
I have wholewheat pasta, we cook it then allow it to cool, for speed we sometimes run it under the cold tap. Then reheat it.
It absolutely works for me.

I mentioned it to another type 1 at work and now he is a convert, as it works for him too.
I read that it lowers it on the glycemic index.
I was going to do it with rice, but because that carries a risk in itself, I just get the precooked rice, and microwave it.

Kazz94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have wholewheat pasta, we cook it then allow it to cool, for speed we sometimes run it under the cold tap. Then reheat it.

I mentioned it to another type 1 at work and now he is a convert, as it works for him too.
I was going to do it with rice, but because that carries a risk in itself, I just get the precooked rice, and microwave it.
Good to know, I’ll give it a try!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

The risk with rice is almost none existent or you wouldn't be able to buy the microwave rice which is just precooked rice that needs reheating.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

It does lower it on the glycemic index because it turns it into a type 3 resistant starch.
https://www.webmd.com/diet/what-to-know-resistant-starches

Worth batch cooking a big pile bagging it up and bunging it in the freezer once you discover it works for you.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The risk with rice is almost none existent or you wouldn't be able to buy the microwave rice which is just precooked rice that needs reheating.

Likewise fried rice.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The only pasta I eat is wholewheat spaghetti or occasional Lasagne. Not a big fan of others. I definitely found pre cooking, rinsing well and reheating to be give a big reduction in carbs for me. I use minimal lasagne sheets when making Lasagne and halve the spaghetti with courgetti.