What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As the great philosopher Mr Micky Flanagan may have said on occasions, Thursday's come round a bit lively. Sad news about your client @Krystyna23040 and fascinating how people react to the death of a spouse. Of course there isn't a proper way to act or feel. Wonderful fbg for you and Mr K really does go above and beyond - set the bar rather high for the rest of us. @dunelm thanks for the art and image of #binlorrycalvalcaderage. @gennepher more wonderful tales of Gennepher's Diner, thanks. I agree the kaleidoscope today looks Christmassy. Must go as I am trying to stop micro particles of PlayDoh covering every square ?? of the room I just cleaned and ready for two granddaughters. JKP is fast asleep, missing all the fun. Stay safe and maybe scale down ideas of that yacht in the Bahamas after the shock of the obvious yesterday. Enjoy the Sunakshine while it lasts. (Swipey didn't want to talk to phone earlier but was a very good boy yesterday)
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Quick toe in the internetty water this national bin day Morening.
A 4.7 this morning, eating much more healthily up here in the dark and dangerous norf, eating more healthy because I spent all my cash on petrol for my motorcycle rather than vegan bacon sarnies.
Must now hide from the internetty police.
Stay safe all, enjoy your day.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick toe in the internetty water this national bin day Morening.
A 4.7 this morning, eating much more healthily up here in the dark and dangerous norf, eating more healthy because I spent all my cash on petrol for my motorcycle rather than vegan bacon sarnies.
Must now hide from the internetty police.
Stay safe all, enjoy your day.
I could swap you a gallon of petrol for a three bedroom house in The Cotswolds if you are interested.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I could swap you a gallon of petrol for a three bedroom house in The Cotswolds if you are interested.
Dear Mr Ludd
I regret to inform you petrol is now dispensed in litres. You may also like to know that today's market rate is half a litre per three bed home. Absolute bargain but I'm taking no responsibility whatsoever. You've never had it so good, The Suspect tells you incessantly. Stop whinging to me on LBC. Sheesh, you people. Now, stop talking "us"down, be a good chap and cheer Team Suspect to the rafters.
Yours oleaginously
The People's Millionaire

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
No idea what happened to yesterday's post.
Anyway no FBG this morning, it got forgotten in the rush to get out for an early appointment.
One of my misdirected and reordered parcels arrived today, damaged, but worse still, I had failed to check measurements and it won't go where intended. Not sure what to do now.
Sunny weather continues but my local postie gives warning about planting too early, "soon comes again the freeze"
Hi SlimLizzy, contact your order supplier and tell them the state of your order on arrival, they will either send you a returns label to send it back for a refund or if it’s a oversized parcel arrange a pickup for you. Has it was damaged on arrival it’s not fit for purpose so don’t worry about ordering wrong size and not your problem it’s the couriers fault let your suppliers deal with them you just ask for a refund. Just out of curiosity did you take a photo of the damaged parcel before you opened it, if you did you can send them the photo to show how it was received. Good Luck. K

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hi SlimLizzy, contact your order supplier and tell them the state of your order on arrival, they will either send you a returns label to send it back for a refund or if it’s a oversized parcel arrange a pickup for you. Has it was damaged on arrival it’s not fit for purpose so don’t worry about ordering wrong size and not your problem it’s the couriers fault let your suppliers deal with them you just ask for a refund. Just out of curiosity did you take a photo of the damaged parcel before you opened it, if you did you can send them the photo to show how it was received. Good Luck. K
The parcel did not appear significantly damaged, but the item inside is badly cracked.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Very festive - this one has turned out really good
@gennepher the kaleidoscope is fantastic has always, but your description of the cats and birds visiting your garden gives a vivid picture in my mind of them.
Cats feeding from bowls birds waiting to get into the cats bowls has soon has they can such an enjoyable site, our garden is also Free of any chemicals in the soil. We do have a large black and white cat sometimes visits the garden but probably because we have a number of bird species come in to feed from the coconut half’s filled with fats and mealworms and 3or 4 hanging bird feeders filled with different sorts of bird seeds, hanging in the huge Acer tree and in the Magnolia.

We have blue **** wrens gold finches at the moment and over the last week the red kites are back beautiful site to see searching for mice in the grased field of the high school that backs onto our rear garden but far enough away from the school so has not to disturb us in the garden.
And we finally made it outside in the garden to have our lunch outside, love it, my husband has finished the front garden it’s looking lovely only thing we haven’t planted in it has yet are the Yuccas has if we get a frost it could kill them, until they get acclimatised mid April early May he brings then in at night into the conservatory and out again in the day.
But we have had a couple of frosty mornings this week so garden will have to wait before we can plant them out in a few weeks time.
BG this morning was 6.7 had a couple of biscuits after my evening meal last night naughty I know but they are a box we got for Christmas and didn’t open them, so when my morning BG is higher than 6mmol that is the reason for now. Can’t wait till they are gone but can’t resist if they are in the house. Enjoy your day everyone. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The parcel did not appear significantly damaged, but the item inside is badly cracked.
You should still return for a refund either the supplier hadn’t packed it correctly or the delivery wasn’t upto scratch which ever way your entitled to a refund from one of them. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@ianpspurs whats optimistic about getting a refund for damaged goods it’s your right to a refund so your saying it’s a waste of time in getting onto either seller or supplier you must be one of the most complacent customer retailers must love you.
Not me I’ve spent my hard earned money on something I like it should reach me in a perfect condition not damaged in anyway shape or form. I’ve just returned and been refunded £108 for clothes I bought in the shop but because you can’t try them on until I got home didn’t like the fit so I took them back. Nothing optimistic about it especially more so if something is damaged. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good news on Gliclizide front and all the best for mushroomgate.
@dunelm Thankyou the stopping of Gliclizide is great and the mushroom compost is in the garden hopefully it will break up our clay soil coupled with the compost soil shrubs should be happy has Larry. :)K

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs whats optimistic about getting a refund for damaged goods it’s your right to a refund so your saying it’s a waste of time in getting onto either seller or supplier you must be one of the most complacent customer retailers must love you.
Not me I’ve spent my hard earned money on something I like it should reach me in a perfect condition not damaged in anyway shape or form. I’ve just returned and been refunded £108 for clothes I bought in the shop but because you can’t try them on until I got home didn’t like the fit so I took them back. Nothing optimistic about it especially more so if something is damaged. K
@Granny_grump_ we do complain, aren't content to accept poor quality or damaged goods and none of our money grew on trees, bushes or plants unless we picked and sold the fruit first. However, our experience is that the likelihood of the outcome of any given complaint being resolved quickly, amicably or to our satisfaction remains less than 50/50. Except for Abbott who are exemplary. People's rights in the UK seem to be a "movable feast" usually enforced in direct proportion to their ability to fund the highest profile legal teams. Hence my optimistic. Them's my onions anyhow.

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Granny_grump_ we do complain, aren't content to accept poor quality or damaged goods and none of our money grew on trees, bushes or plants unless we picked and sold the fruit first. However, our experience is that the likelihood of the outcome of any given complaint being resolved quickly, amicably or to our satisfaction remains less than 50/50. Except for Abbott who are exemplary. People's rights in the UK seem to be a "movable feast" usually enforced in direct proportion to their ability to fund the highest profile legal teams. Hence my optimistic. Them's my onions anyhow.
@ianpspurs To some degree your right but it’s not me if I know I’m in the right no amount of being fobed off or being ignored would stop me, has you pointed out we have all worked hard for the pensions we receive and even if you buy in the shop if it’s not fit for purpose or of poor quality or damaged during transit know your rights and stand by them. Nobody has to accept damaged goods and has online sales come under distance selling you have 14 days to complain and if the goods are faulty you cannot be refused a refund. All retailers have a customer service department if you get no joy complain to the highest person in that business no business today wants bad reviews from unsatisfied customers not in this day and age where people check out reviews it’s just not good for business. Anyway SlimLizzy should take it further and I hope she has a good outcome. K

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.35am FBG 4.3
Our guests are all sweetness and light this morning, helping with chores and offering to cook. Total turn about from yesterday. Their cat made a brief foray into the garden, but disapproved so heartily of the harness and lead that he was whisked inside again after only a few minutes.
BBQ supper went down well, except we forgot about teenage boys appetite and only gave him one burger and a sausage along with the various salads. He was too polite to say when MrSlim asked should he cook more... but Mum made him a plate of sandwiches an hour later. Oops.
Garden is progressing well, getting enthusiastic help with digging from the grandmother in the group. Cant find a way to say please don't.
@gennepher am enjoying the Tales From Your Garden. Thank you for sharing them.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You should still return for a refund either the supplier hadn’t packed it correctly or the delivery wasn’t upto scratch which ever way your entitled to a refund from one of them. K
Slight difficulty in complaining, when it needs to be done in French.....

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Slight difficulty in complaining, when it needs to be done in French.....
@SlimLizzy
Hi hadn’t realised you were not UK based the returns rules may be much different but never the less it’s a damaged item you can’t be expected to keep it has you cannot use it, there is usually someone you can communicate with to get your point Across in any language after all this is no fault of your own. Best of luck let us know how you get on. K

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.35am FBG 4.3
Our guests are all sweetness and light this morning, helping with chores and offering to cook. Total turn about from yesterday. Their cat made a brief foray into the garden, but disapproved so heartily of the harness and lead that he was whisked inside again after only a few minutes.
BBQ supper went down well, except we forgot about teenage boys appetite and only gave him one burger and a sausage along with the various salads. He was too polite to say when MrSlim asked should he cook more... but Mum made him a plate of sandwiches an hour later. Oops.
Garden is progressing well, getting enthusiastic help with digging from the grandmother in the group. Cant find a way to say please don't.
@gennepher am enjoying the Tales From Your Garden. Thank you for sharing them.
Thanks @SlimLizzy I am glad you enjoy my garden tales...
I am guessing that the grandmother in the group would be offended if you said 'Please don't'.
It is her way of contributing because it is something she can do.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings on the day some celebrate the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. For others make a note that you've got less than nine months for Christmas shopping so order your turkey and put the sprouts on promptly. Swipey feels I should be a 5.1 and after an altercation we settled on that number. Super Salmon Salad Day - 'nuff said:woot::woot: Grandson will be here - 6 months old- and his big sister needs delivering to nursery early doors. Oddly no previous posters for Friday but thanks in advance for the art @dunelm and for the creative @gennepher. I must away and awake JKP so she can guard our grandson while I deliver nursery a gift far too precious for an idiot like me to have any right to enjoy. A couple more sunny days here then :bigtears: Stay safe and avoid weird old men from The East if you value your sanity.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a splendid start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. I have been sitting in the garden drinking tea and then some koffy, soaking up the rays. Champion. Today looks like a nice lazy day so a wander into town and a look see at the sea before returning and sitting in the garden if the sun is not interrupted by clouds.
Art bit - well, I don’t know. Have a great day if you can, koffy already consumed here.

upload_2022-3-25_8-54-27.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Energy levels back to normal so enjoyed the sunny (but still a bit chilly) early morning dog walk.

@ianpspurs Mr K definitely did go 'above and beyond the call of duty ' yesterday.