What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morening all, travelling darn sarf this Morening, luckily for me it is all down hill on the map.
Must sign out the internet keeper is looking my way.
Oh yes bloods this morning were 5.6.
Stay safe all
Save journey home - hope that the weather is kind

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on yet another splendid day here in the dark and dangerous north - will we be paying for it later? A wander into town yesterday and decided to sit in the garden of a swanky boutique hotel where we sometimes have a fancy lunch and drink koffy. Then drift along the path at the top of the cliff and check out the people walking along the promenade and pier. The funicular will be open again come Easter weekend. Today - who knows, I am still drinking tea. Anyhow - art bit - a splash of yellow but not a daffodil in sight. Have a splendid Saturday, I shall surely be soon making koffy.

View attachment 53951
Make the most of this fine weather @dunelm !
Great rays of sunshine coming in from the left of the painting...bathing it in an ethereal yellow light...

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning was 7.3
Can’t understand this reading evening meal was Salmon and green beans cup of tea BG was 6.2 before meal 6.8 2 hours after meal. BG has been in 6s upto Friday when it was 7.2 then again today at 7.3
A strange one this type2 diabetes K

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. .I stayed up really late to catch up on admin and got the munchies so had some blueberries. Perhaps not the best choice.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings clock changers (UK) and also to our worldwide friends. 5.7 from Swipey here. Not what I ordered but there are no refunds and I'm not about to be rushed to A and E. Could be related to #gastricgateepisode last evening. @gennepher another detailed and loving account of life in Gennepher's Diner. Thank you for another in this wonderful series of kaleidoscopes. @dunelm thank you for the art and you seem to be bearing the absence of Mrs Miggins with admirable fortitude. Best make it seem a much tougher separation on her return. Moonpig just won’t meet the moment fella. @Krystyna23040 that 6 is hardly a calamity, the big picture is what matters. I think those blueberries enhanced the piece perfectly you have a very keen sense of what works for you. @alf_Josiah safe home. Today I'm hoping to find some money down the back of a sofa for diesel, fire up the really, really old RR in order to haul a strimmer into Cambs, tidy up the grave and leave Mother's Day flowers. Once there was a young lady (upstairs in a nearby, very tasteful barn conversion:woot:) practising (practicing?) her flute, window open, hauntingly playing Annie's song. Truly a sliding doors moment. Stay safe today and some of you may enjoy this combination of a divine voice, finely crafted words and wonderful images. Of course it is more than coincidence that I am drawn to this combination today.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
26.03 28 years married
6.55 am FBG 4.9
Got up early hoping wind had dropped enough overnight to enable me to spray final coat of varnish on bed. Managed most of it, but found I had missed a section when painting yesterday, so back to the brush. Ran out of varnish as well :(
Trip to park with our guests derailed my plan to cut grass. Outing seemed to be successful, little girl enjoyed the play area, although some were disappointed at lack of iced coffee latte. However another guest has added me to WhatsApp and sent me some pics. Bbq lunch greatly enjoyed by all. Celebration cake was refused, too full, but can we have it later? Of course you can :). Cake was served around 8pm.
We all have invitation for picnic at the beach tomorrow. This derails plan to assemble in situ the newly refurbished bed, but we feel social activities probably more important than bed upgrade.
@gennepher maybe Shadow will become indoor cat in time?

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
26.03 28 years married
6.55 am FBG 4.9
Got up early hoping wind had dropped enough overnight to enable me to spray final coat of varnish on bed. Managed most of it, but found I had missed a section when painting yesterday, so back to the brush. Ran out of varnish as well :(
Trip to park with our guests derailed my plan to cut grass. Outing seemed to be successful, little girl enjoyed the play area, although some were disappointed at lack of iced coffee latte. However another guest has added me to WhatsApp and sent me some pics. Bbq lunch greatly enjoyed by all. Cake was refused, too full, but can we have it later? Of course you can :). Cake was served around 8pm.
We all have invitation for picnic at the beach tomorrow. This derails plan to assemble in situ the newly refurbished bed, but we feel social activities probably more important than bed upgrade.
Happy wedding anniversary @SlimLizzy
Sounds a good day overall.
Maybe Shadow will. I hope so, but she does need to go at her own pace...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Happy wedding anniversary @SlimLizzy
Sounds a good day overall.
Maybe Shadow will. I hope so, but she does need to go at her own pace...
Totally understand that own pace thing - I courted Errant for over a year before he decided I was his friend.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
26.03 28 years married
6.55 am FBG 4.9
Trip to park with our guests derailed my plan to cut grass. Outing seemed to be successful, little girl enjoyed the play area, although some were disappointed at lack of iced coffee latte. However another guest has added me to WhatsApp and sent me some pics. Bbq lunch greatly enjoyed by all. Celebration cake was refused, too full, but can we have it later? Of course you can :). Cake was served around 8pm.

joyeux anniversaire à vous deux

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a pleasant but cloudy start here in the dark and dangerous north. A late or early or average start here today depending upon what clocks self adjust and what clocks need some encouragement into the future. A funfair of a day yesterday. A couple of goes on the washing machine, then the tightrope and peg race with the washing line followed by the rush of the vortex carpet beater. Cards tumbled through the letter box - none for me - is it someone’s birthday? Strap on my fitbit broke and in only 24hrs a replacement was delivered and fitted - phew! I could have been the day that the earth stood still if it wasn’t for a pocket that took responsibility for such an essential item - no wonder the Mods and Rockers went the way of the dinosaurs.
Art bit - a bit of green on the scene. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day, have you baked a simnel cake? Best make some festive koffy.

upload_2022-3-27_7-48-24.jpeg

Reactions: dogslife

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Last night I managed to persuade Mr K to watch Grantchester. Although he won't admit it - I think that he didn't find it too awful and has agreed to watch further episodes.

Today we are off to Sheringham Park. The forecast shows that it will probably be quite misty.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a pleasant but cloudy start here in the dark and dangerous north. A late or early or average start here today depending upon what clocks self adjust and what clocks need some encouragement into the future. A funfair of a day yesterday. A couple of goes on the washing machine, then the tightrope and peg race with the washing line followed by the rush of the vortex carpet beater. Cards tumbled through the letter box - none for me - is it someone’s birthday? Strap on my fitbit broke and in only 24hrs a replacement was delivered and fitted - phew! I could have been the day that the earth stood still if it wasn’t for a pocket that took responsibility for such an essential item - no wonder the Mods and Rockers went the way of the dinosaurs.
Art bit - a bit of green on the scene. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day, have you baked a simnel cake? Best make some festive koffy.

View attachment 53954
A hectic day yesterday @dunelm
Love the art bit. Dramatic vista. Lots going on. Loads to wander in.
Enjoy your coffee...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.40am or 7.40am as my phone insisted
FBG 5.1.
Indulgent breakfast of delicious fresh bread stuffed with dried fruit and nuts, butter and large wedge of cheese. Two cups coffee with cream.
BG after about an hour 7.1
About an hour later, expecting further rise, shocked at BG 4.9
Retest still 4.9
Hour later 4.6 amazed
Stiff breeze means we will all need jackets for beach expedition.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings Worldwide Diabetes Massive. Swipey was insistent that I be 5.2 whereas I think I always suit a 4.2 better. Howsomever, it is all go - especially the hour purloined by some capricious entity. Are you, in the UK, a Mother's day or Mothering Sunday kinda person? Slow learner here finally clicked it is always Lent 4. What kind of hideous monstrosity would a LC Simnel cake be anyhow? Here's a sonnet for all mothers (the "blurb" has poignancy with the war in Ukraine, IMHO). @dunelm thanks for the art. @gennepher and yourself may feel heartened based on the attached. Too pharisaical for my liking. JKP said there was a 10 deep queue at the local card shop. Surely any card or recognition is better than none?. Yesterday I strimmed the graves of my parents, my grandparents and uncle (buried next to my parents) - the grave of one set of great grandparents is very close but didn't need strimming. JKP lovingly arranged flowers on the graves of my parents and grandparents - we didn't grow them. @Krystyna23040 a winner for Grantchester watching. A most salabrious village so I think you'd fit nicely. Would Mr K enjoy supper with Mr Archer? Today number 3 son will host Sunday roast for us and Nanny London. Take care and stay safe, definitely don't “give away your wicket" like English batsmen, eh Foakes?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-27 08.24.59.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-27 08.24.59.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg...still taking a sabbatical while I alter one thing in my diet. And will start readings again in a few days.

These darned clocks.
My inner clock still says 7:48
My iPad clock says 8:48
I am going with 7:48
I am not changing the clocks today...

I did wake up at dawn, saw Shadow waiting on my swing looking at me, but as I was removing the bed covers, my head hit the pillow again, and I was sound asleep again. Woke up awhile later and Shadow was still sitting there. It was her right to be first customer of the day and she was guarding that spot. So I go to the study, open the door, Shadow shoots in, and gives me an ungrateful clout for being late this morning. I put dry food and wet food out. Two bowls of wet food, and some dry cat biscuits later, and then she shoots off.

Manky Ginger comes in. And stares at me with his penetrating green eyes. I put more wet food out. Get back in bed with another cuppa. He comes strolling down the garden path, checks out the dishes, then goes for the biscuits...stares at me again through my glass door, then tries the wet food. It passes muster. Two absolutely polished clean bowls. He always eats very delicately and takes his time, unlike impatient Shadow who always bolts her food down like it is going to be snatched away any second.

Mr Blackbird was next in the queue behind Manky Ginger. He was actually waiting on the garden path, in full sight of, behind Manky Ginger as he was delicately eating. Oh it is okay says Mr Blackbird, your garden is a safe haven, all life is protected here. And I am mentally telling him that it might be wise to err on the side of caution. So, he nips into the undergrowth just for a few seconds while Manky Ginger leaves, then Mr Blackbird comes out and hops to the dry cat biscuits...

After a lot of deliberation yesterday, I decided to introduce Oz 10 year old grandson to ZenBrush2. So I sent details, YouTube vids and some of my paintings with it....

Kaleidoscope today with Laboscope. It's my white garden chair legs and a branch lopper on the outside of the circle...

Coffee needed now...

9CBED645-6DED-448E-9893-AF274972F66E.jpeg

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and all mothers, past, present and future on this Mothering Sunday.
Bloods this morning were 5.6.
I got back to Tilehurst Towers about 4:30 pm yesterday from my all too brief sojourn into the dark and dangerous norf. I met up with a few motorcycling friends that I had not see for a few years and definitely not since covid, we met up in a rather cobble strewn town call Richmond perched on the side of a hill, the koffy and banter flowed, food was consumed….Biker food…
I like going up’t norf and really missed not going up and can heartily recommend not making the ride when you are not riding fit.
Hope fully attached is a picture of the distance up and back to my accommodation
A1EAC948-C2B1-4789-B4D4-D32C55E2789A.jpeg

Reactions: ianpspurs