Sleeping?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Hi,

I use Zopiclone 7.5mg to help me sleep. This has been an awful week for me sleep wise many nights I’ve been awake all night. I’m wondering if the new medications I’m on Semaglutide and pioglitazone about just over a month now could these at all interfere with Zopiclone?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is really a question your GP or pharmacist to answer, but here's is a link about Zopiclone that you may find hepfull.

DRUG INTERACTIONS: Tell your doctor of any over-the-counter or prescription medication you may take, including: antidepressants, anti-seizure drugs, narcotic pain relievers, sedatives. Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.

https://www.medicinenet.com/zopiclone-oral_tablet/article.htm

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
My partner who has dementia struggles to sleep she is prescribed Zopiclone but i was told by my Gp not to take it every night as body can become reliant on it and it can have the reverse effect bit like taking Co Codamol for headaches apparently .all I can say from my own experience with my partner is that if I give her days off Zopiclone they seem to have a better effect ,
Ps I took one once and I was “ in the land of nod “ for ages

• Agree
Reactions: TriciaWs

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I have been on Zopiclone for 14 years and take them every night, they have always worked for me. I just wasn’t sure if it was this new medication having an affect on it. I can’t use 1 every other other day as I won’t sleep on the day I don’t take it.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been on Zopiclone for 14 years and take them every night, they have always worked for me. I just wasn’t sure if it was this new medication having an affect on it. I can’t use 1 every other other day as I won’t sleep on the day I don’t take it.
Definitely arrange to talk to your doctor. All the information about Zopliclone talks about it being used for about 4 weeks only else someone can be come dependent on it

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Thanks, but I’m not looking to come off zopiclone obviously my doctor knows how long I’ve been on it for. I shall just ask the chemist if these other medications may stop the zopiclone working.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I found taking it continuously didn't work for me so my GP decided to prescribe it to take once every 4 nights so I get some sleep at least.

(mod edit to take out quote from deleted post)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I found taking it continuously didn't work for me so my GP decided to prescribe it to take once every 4 nights so I get some sleep at least.

(mod edit to take out quote from deleted post)
I’ve been using zopiclone since 2008, I think it must have been a bit of a blip as it’s fine now. Gosh I couldn’t take it that irregular I’d go mental not being able to sleep.