What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone
I have been away for a break in the beautiful city of Bath and we had great weather so walked miles every day. Managed two meals a day by having big brunch and evening meal. Brunch was eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and avocado sometimes on a bed of toasted sourdough of which I ate half. Lunchtime pit stops were a glass of chilled wine al fresco taking the weight off in a pretty square. Suppers included Nandos chicken with broccoli and rainbow slaw. Chicken another night in a French restaurant which though a lovely piece of meat was served on a bed of lentils which I ignored and accompanied by green beans and lacked flavour. The best supper was at Cotes which was seabass in a champagne & butter sauce with green veg.
So came back to Indian t/a Tandoori King Prawns and cauli bhajee. Yesterday was crispy Peking duck with side salad. Breakfasts as usual a slice of HiLo toast and lunch a small salad with cheese/cold meat. Yesterday had a visit from my grandpuppy who always expects scrambled eggs so I did some for both of us.
Today back to reality proper so lunch will be salad, small bit quiche, coleslaw.
Chilli tonight with cauli rice for me.
I didnt use my meter while away and didnt watch tv news and I have come back calmer and more relaxed. We’ll see how long that will last!
We're heading there in October with all my former colleagues/wives/husbands for 6 days (since we've been unable to meet up for 2 years thanks to you know what! I can't wait. So many great restaurants.

Reactions: Goonergal

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sticking to OMAD today.
Breakfast was bacon, egg and some more of the bubble and squeak.
2nd meal will be mackerel cut into strips (as in faux whitebait) and fried with a salad of coleslaw, tomatoes and courgette strips.

Very tired after having to help Neil clean out part of my larder - he was checking something for me and decided that I had too much out-of-date stuff in there, so started hauling it out and asking me if I wanted to keep it (the implication being that, of course, I couldn't want to keep it). Most of it went into the bin - some exotic kinds of flours which I never got around to using and some bags of sugar which were bought for baking before covid and haven't been used in these last 2 years - some of it turning to liquid.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Apart from the usual cups of tea, my first food was x2 Ryvita seeded with peanut butter. Lunch was bit of corned beef, half a tin of leftover salon and an apple. Took my BG before my dinner an hour ago my was 5.2 If it stayed in the 5s I would be happy :) I can tolerate Ryvita but no on its own and only early in the the morning - maybe because I burn it off :nailbiting:

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(March 27th)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola topping, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Caesar salad topped with chicken at a restaurant. Awful!
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (6pm): Salad of tomatoes and cucumbers, chicken nuggets (not low carb....)
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beer

I did not get a chance to walk on the treadmill :(

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We're heading there in October with all my former colleagues/wives/husbands for 6 days (since we've been unable to meet up for 2 years thanks to you know what! I can't wait. So many great restaurants.
sorry @maglil55 , someones got to say it.......
How many former wives and husbands do you have!o_O

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha a good dollop of full fat greek with seeds after an exercise class as was then heading out with a friend.
Was pleased I had eaten as nothing suitable in the cafe menu where we stopped at lunchtime so just a herbal tea.
Did mean I snacked too much on getting home, a chunk of cheese then some nuts.
D: 2 bratwurst sausages on a bed of creamy cheesy cabbage. 1 scoop Oppo.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Was going to make a sauerkraut dish with mashed cauliflower, but found I just wanted to do nothing
Still not motivated to cook today.
I did do other useful things though, like wrestling a new second hand dishwasher from the car (where it had been sitting for almost a week) to my kitchen and installing it!

Earlier this afternoon I was staring in the fridge trying to decide what to eat for dinner, spotted a nice Münster cheese and had a very satisfying large bite of it. :hungry:
One of the benefits of living alone is that you can just do things like this without risking a telling off!
Still felt pleasingly naughty though. :D

277369658_10225305337334785_4933694910528198052_n.jpg

Not doing proper cooking doesn't mean not having a tasty meal at all, very happy with today's result!
I had a sudden craving for sauerkraut but didn't want to do the whole mashed cauliflower thing, so I decided to put the other burger from yesterday's package on a bed of sauerkraut, with some mayo, mustard and cucumber on top.

Can recommend!
Juicy burger on a bed of sauerkraut works very well. :hungry:

With it, I had a slice of low carb bread, half with stinky Münster cheese and half with a 'smoked trout salad'. 'Salad' in this case beig Dutch for anything with mayonnaise, so egg mayo is an egg salad, tuna mayo is a tuna salad, celeriac mayo is a celeriac salad and so on, and every supermarket in the Netherlands sells at least 30 varieties of sandwich salads, none of which actually involve any greens.
I added some sharp cress to the sandwich as well.

277661917_10225305861547890_5051078157328751108_n.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner out with a friend: cheese burger, no bun, with extra bacon, and salad instead of chips.

Edit for typo.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Came here to post last night and got distracted! So here is yesterday’s menu.

Early lunch of air fried pork belly pieces.
Dinner was a huge lamb chop from my weekend haul, served with a mix of savoy and pointed cabbage with bits of smoked streaky bacon added. Lamb was air fried and delicious!

9054E0F7-0881-4FDC-BD17-CD08C8F8C60D.jpeg

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(March 28th)

Breakfast (9am): None
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Chicken slices
Snack (3pm): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola topping, black coffee
Dinner (6pm): Beef pot roast with carrots
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers, another small serving of pot roast

Walked 10.34km to bring my YTD total to 368.02km.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Dinner was a huge lamb chop from my weekend haul, served with a mix of savoy and pointed cabbage with bits of smoked streaky bacon added. Lamb was air fried and delicious!

View attachment 53979

Yum!!!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was a slice of wholemeal toast with butter and Marmite.

2nd meal: soon to come out of the oven - a big chunk of white cabbage, braised with some water and butter, topped with melty cheese (American style) and Parma ham, with some tomatoes quartered and thrown into the dish around the cabbage. Braising the cabbage as a large chunk was Neil's idea - he'd seen something like it online.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sorry @maglil55 , someones got to say it.......
How many former wives and husbands do you have!o_O
Ha, ha, ha, ha one hubby is more than enough when they require years of training!

Seriously, we've been told many times as a group that it is highly unusual for a group of people who worked together (plus their better halves) to get on so well that we all go away together every year (well until Covid). We have a great time.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 53979
Ooh! Barnsley chop. Haven't seen one of them in a while.

Reactions: Antje77

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
In case anyone is wondering, strips of mackerel fried as a kind of mock whitebait is in no way a substitute for the real thing. It was OK and perfectly edible, but in no way like whitebait. Strangely enough, it just tasted like little strips of fried mackerel.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday bed 7.6 FBG 6 2 (before it shot up to 8 7 30 mins later). I'm still very congested and didn't have a good night as I put to much Vicks Vapor rub on. Still got up to take eldest to school but I'm leaving it to Mum & Dad Tuesday - Thursday to see if I can shift this.

B. TAG and water.

L. Early - M&S crackers with whipped cheese.

D. Leftover cold cuts from Saturday. 3 Strawberries and a DGF vegan fudge brownie. At least I could taste that but half the meats ended up in the bin.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today bed 7.1 FBG 5 9 but once again they shot up but at least today they quickly dropped again. I'm having to use the nasal steamer again to try to ease this congestion and finally it seems to be shifting. Even although I'm not doing the school run I can't lie in as I need to move about. I did have a nap this afternoon though.

B. TAG and water. Late morning I had 2 slices of SLC toast, one with egg and one with salmon.

L. Water and a nap!

D. Hubby (under instruction) made burgers from scratch in the burger press (see @Tori71 years of training ). He put mine together with no bun, added Emmental, wilted spinach and mushrooms, avocado, tomato, mayo and he even put 4 small chips on the side. He even remembered to season it.

I don't have a temperature or anything - just need to clear this AND get a good night's sleep.
View attachment 53988

RosemaryJackson

Evening all. No bf today. 1st meal was 2 Ryvitas with butter and hm liver pate then 2 squares chocolate (Green n Blacks 70% salted caramel). Tonights meal was an airfried chicken leg with cauli, leek, small amount mixed veg plus gravy. Seeing the surgeon tomorrow to see why my hand hurts so much. Although it seems to be healing well, it is still so swollen and hot. Couldn't find an emoji for fingers crossed!

Reactions: maglil55