What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day didn't go quite as planned so ended up with
10:00 1 bratwurst reheated in 2 scrambled eggs
11:30 coffee with cream
14:00 ff greek with seeds and 10 blueberries
16:00 1 hm lc ginger cookie
17:30 1 cold bratwurst, 1 small chunk cheese, half a small pear
19:00 1 scoop Oppo ice cream

I think I must try to sit and eat full meals rather than grabbing on the go

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: liver in onion gravy with runner beans and Brussels followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all. No bf today. 1st meal was 2 Ryvitas with butter and hm liver pate then 2 squares chocolate (Green n Blacks 70% salted caramel). Tonights meal was an airfried chicken leg with cauli, leek, small amount mixed veg plus gravy. Seeing the surgeon tomorrow to see why my hand hurts so much. Although it seems to be healing well, it is still so swollen and hot. Couldn't find an emoji for fingers crossed!
Hope it all goes well. xx

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hubby (under instruction) made burgers from scratch in the burger press (see @Tori71 years of training
emoji16.png
I agree and I find detailed instruction and lots of praise is the way to go @maglil55 . Still working on concept of ironing though....:rolleyes:

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree and I find detailed instruction and lots of praise is the way to go @maglil55 . Still working on concept of ironing though....:rolleyes:
I cracked ironing too! Son was brought up to cook and iron as well. Never have succeeded in getting them to move things when cleaning floors though.

As a point of interest though SLC have in their Friends Pantry section various LC seeded crackers and flatbreads that look very much like the often elusive M&S seeded crackers. Link below.

https://seriouslylowcarb.com/collections/our-friends-pantry?page=1

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My logic is a complete mystery, at least to me!

Yesterday and the day before I had planned to cook a mashed cauliflower and sauerkraut dish but didn't feel like cooking so I ate something else.
Today my neighbour gave me 3 turkey eggs so I planned to have a meal with eggs and then suddenly found myself cooking my sauerkraut dish!

Doesn't matter, I had a very good meal and the eggs will be used later, but I sure mastered the knack of surprising myself with my meals! :hilarious:

Turkey eggs are pretty, with speckles, and a bit pointier than chicken eggs (store bought chicken eggs in the picture for size comparison), will let you know how they taste once I've tried them. :)
Had the zuurkoolstamppot with zuurkoolspek, some only cooked, some fried as well (still trying to decide which I like best), and a litlle cubed bacon. :hungry:

277445666_10225310846872520_1676068074852496915_n.jpg

277459612_10225310845912496_4818066375769458010_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and a two egg omelette, mushrooms, tomatoes. for breakfast
Two cold hard boiled eggs and chicken salt, lemon cordial osmolax mix for smoko.
Brothers Sports Club roast of the day (shoulder pork) green veggies, pumpkin, gravy for lunch.
Chicken wings marinated in a mild chilli sauce for supper at six.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had breakfast of bacon, eggs, tomato and the last of the bubble & squeak. Feeling very full right now and just want to sit around, but there's stuff to be done, so i can't.

I am part way through chopping vegetables to make a veggie curry to have with some cauliflower rice. I might not eat it, but at least I'll get it made. Curry is almost always better on day 2 anyway. The amount of cabbage I ate yesterday has had a rather serous effect on my stomach, so I'll need to be careful with the veg. If I can manage OMAD, I will.

With thanks to @Riva_Roxaban upload_2022-3-30_11-51-55.png

PS - I can't get it any smaller either, but then, I'm no techie.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: low carb granola, carbzone toast and butter, mocha
Lunch: chicken in low carb roll, protein bar
Dinner: minted lamb hotpot (due to turn in weather), carrots, sprouts, green beans, tiny yorkshire, berries, low carb coffee and walnut cake
90% lindt

RosemaryJackson

Well, it's been a funny old day for me. Went to see the surgeon who said they had rung me for a telephone chat whereas I had had a text to keep an appointment at the clinic. I turned up and waited an hour to see him. Right old mix-up! He said everything was fine, the pain was the nerves running down the side of my hand. Gave me some gloves and dressings. Had to go to have a blood test for my A1c and the practice nurse was not happy about the state of my hand. So she cleaned it up a bit and I have to go back next week for a check-up. So my friend and I went for a Full English to cheer us up. The works! For my last meal of the day, it will be airfried belly pork slices and a bit of chocolate. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(March 29th)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola topping, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Beef pot roast with carrots
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (6pm): Beef pot roast with carrots
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers, PIZZA and carb-y snacks :banghead:

Walked 6.90km to bring my YTD total to 374.92km.

Feeling so ashamed of my poor eating behaviour yesterday. Once I started binging, I couldn't stop. From the looks of my Libre data, I've just undone all the good progress I'd made over the last two weeks in terms of Average Glucose and Time in Target. Also not feeling amazing this morning :(

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
(March 29th)

Feeling so ashamed of my poor eating behaviour yesterday. Once I started binging, I couldn't stop. From the looks of my Libre data, I've just undone all the good progress I'd made over the last two weeks in terms of Average Glucose and Time in Target. Also not feeling amazing this morning :(

Don't beat yourself up over it. It's a new day and a new start. You'll soon get back on track - and feel better for it.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
(March 29th)

We all do it. You’ll likely be back in range in a day or two.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers, PIZZA and carb-y snacks
You might find it easier to resist evening eating if perhaps you have your beers earlier and with a meal.
Any form of alcohol, low carb or not, really means I can be tempted to eat anything and everything, especially if drunk without food as it seems to go straight to my bloodstream, totally avoiding any self-restraint or motivation.
As others have said, don't beat yourself up, learn from it and move on