What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning was again in 7s @7.8mmol
Despite following Krystyna 23040 advice of staying in 20 grams carbs yesterday, now I’m not looking for instant results but 7.8 is one of my highest BG readings, I found my Carbs and Cals book I’d forgotten I had this book so I can look up every carb in all foods so I absolutely know what the carb levels are in all my meals yesterday and I know it’s not reducing my carbs that’s raised my BG but the higher BG readings are baffling. I’m not sick and don’t have any infections, I’m back on allergy meds at this time of year and vitamin B3 recently given me by doctor has this was low and Frusomide to keep my ankles from swelling. Anybody know if my medication can cause raised BG I really don’t want to be taking BG reducing medication anymore it didn’t suit me it caused hypos that’s why doctor asked me to come off them.
Carbs totalled 12grams yesterday 10 in evening meal and 2 in lunch the 10 was 2 Lincolnshire sausage these are the 10 gms carbs with egg and 2 rashers of bacon, and the 2 was in the Caesar dressing in my chicken salad at lunchtime
Breakfast was Greek yogurt and berries has usual and a cup coffee.
I will persevere to see how it goes, can I ask @Krystyna23040 when you reduced your carbs to 20gms are you still taking your insulin, I was put on Gliclizide a month ago but doctor has asked me to stop taking them so not had any for 2 days now. K

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6,7

Yesterday I put a bowl of water by the cat dishes. There is plenty of water dotted around the garden for any beasties in my garden. But I thought gennepher's cat diner should provide drinks.

Shadow was the first to partake of the water.

Mr Blackbird was next. He decided it was good for drinking, and for taking his morning bath...

Erm...

Shadow came back, and looks at me because of all the wet watery mess around the cat bowl. But she has a drink. Licks her lips. She appears to think the water has got tastier...

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope pointed to the sky, and a few tree branches crept in.

DB4FF053-09B4-46D3-96C2-683582715E84.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No FBG today, Remembered the antibiotics, had coffee, forgot FBG.
Huge uproar and upset yesterday. Massive stress all round. Why has every meal become a battleground?
Yesterday I made pancakes for breakfast, served as seen previously with jam, but that didn't suit some, so there was shouting, stomping off and sulking. Then fish and chips for lunch, surely can't go wrong there? But no, one doesn't eat fish. Precipitating a further crisis later on because she was hungry. The vegetable soup I made for supper wasn't acceptable to the non fish eater either, so she eventually had some fried eggs and bread.
All this fuss over food is very wearing and totally unnecessary and avoidable with a bit of communication.
@gennepher love the delicate tracery of the branches and the subtle colours of today's creative.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Huge uproar and upset yesterday. Massive stress all round. Why has every meal become a battleground?
Yesterday I made pancakes for breakfast, served as seen previously with jam, but that didn't suit some, so there was shouting, stomping off and sulking. Then fish and chips for lunch, surely can't go wrong there? But no, one doesn't eat fish. Precipitating a further crisis later on because she was hungry. The vegetable soup I made for supper wasn't acceptable to the non fish eater either, so she eventually had some fried eggs and bread.
All this fuss over food is very wearing and totally unnecessary and avoidable with a bit of communication.
@gennepher love the delicate tracery of the branches and the subtle colours of today's creative.
Hugs for the food crisis @SlimLizzy

Thanks for the compliment of today's creative.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6,7

Yesterday I put a bowl of water by the cat dishes. There is plenty of water dotted around the garden for any beasties in my garden. But I thought gennepher's cat diner should provide drinks.

Shadow was the first to partake of the water.

Mr Blackbird was next. He decided it was good for drinking, and for taking his morning bath...

Erm...

Shadow came back, and looks at me because of all the wet watery mess around the cat bowl. But she has a drink. Licks her lips. She appears to think the water has got tastier...

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope pointed to the sky, and a few tree branches crept in.

View attachment 53993
Such an easy way of making blackbird soup - must be very low carb. Lovely colours in this kaleidoscope. Interesting how the tree branches give the impression of little tree people - Popeye looks baffled.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Big hug for foodgate - fussy eaters should bring their own food, what a palaver - do they expect a menu to be provided or a cereals and toast station like in a B&B?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a decidedly dreary and damp start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
So, rain stops play for the second day. What to do, what to do. Perhaps wander round petrol shops and check out how ‘slashed’ their products are now that Rishy Rich has spoken. Wonder if Heinz in now putting one less bean in their cans in a never ending argument about ‘less’ vs ‘fewer’. We seem to have been invited to a party but I can’t recall if it was just a work event or even if we turned up, can our local constabulary throw any light on it. Today’s word seems to be kleptocracy - nicking your kids money out of their piggy banks and hiding it under your mattress until you have enough to buy a big boat.
Art bit - a line of trees hoping for a better day. Have a wonderful Mitwoch. I shall be briefing the bins about tomorrows parade. But first, koffy.

upload_2022-3-30_8-42-3.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning was again in 7s @7.8mmol
Despite following Krystyna 23040 advice of staying in 20 grams carbs yesterday, now I’m not looking for instant results but 7.8 is one of my highest BG readings, I found my Carbs and Cals book I’d forgotten I had this book so I can look up every carb in all foods so I absolutely know what the carb levels are in all my meals yesterday and I know it’s not reducing my carbs that’s raised my BG but the higher BG readings are baffling. I’m not sick and don’t have any infections, I’m back on allergy meds at this time of year and vitamin B3 recently given me by doctor has this was low and Frusomide to keep my ankles from swelling. Anybody know if my medication can cause raised BG I really don’t want to be taking BG reducing medication anymore it didn’t suit me it caused hypos that’s why doctor asked me to come off them.
Carbs totalled 12grams yesterday 10 in evening meal and 2 in lunch the 10 was 2 Lincolnshire sausage these are the 10 gms carbs with egg and 2 rashers of bacon, and the 2 was in the Caesar dressing in my chicken salad at lunchtime
Breakfast was Greek yogurt and berries has usual and a cup coffee.
I will persevere to see how it goes, can I ask @Krystyna23040 when you reduced your carbs to 20gms are you still taking your insulin, I was put on Gliclizide a month ago but doctor has asked me to stop taking them so not had any for 2 days now. K
No I don't inject insulin anymore. I had to stop really quickly when I reduced carbs as got some really scary 2s. But blood sugars were a bit volatile for a while - very up and down.

I use Fatsecret to log my food. Did you add your breakfast yesterday to your carb total or is it included in your 12g total for the day.

Of course it could be Dawn Phenomenon that has caused the rise this morning.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all from a cold, miserable looking Breckland. Swipey felt as though that made a 5.1 just the ticket and I was unable to convince it otherwise. This Swipey confirms I am able to eat to my meter but I’m sceptical (agnostic?) about the wider benefits of jumping through that hoop. There is absolutely no need for me to weigh almost 75 kgs but painkillers v transit will do that to a guy at least for a while - I hope. No gym for me just now so scales will not please me. @Granny_grump_ best wishes for finding a way through the carb/pleasure/meter jungle. I analyse my diet with Cronometer as many on this forum do. I like the nutes and vits analysis. @gennepher delightful kaleidoscope - I see rockets but barmy is as barmy does. @SlimLizzy , hug for the stress over meals. @dunelm thanks for the art, reference to the surreal No 10 briefing and shrinking CDM - or possibly CD? @Jojo85 great fbg for the day Shane Warne has a State Memorial - RIP. Cute granddaughter here today kicking off 3 days of reminders of what having prayers answered means in day to day terms. Stay safe. This really is the Age of Gaslighting.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all, no guesses as to who overslept again.

Blood sugars this morning were 5.5.
One fixed item on today’s schedule, the rest will have to take pot luck and as for Mrs J’s list, who knows or cares……..Yes Dear.
Must depart, stay safe all

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
as for Mrs J’s list, who knows or cares……..Yes Dear.
Amazingly insouciant on here Alfred. One suspects the reality may vary significantly. Congratulations on encapsulating the zeitgeist perfectly. Lived experience - reality? - is so passé.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No I don't inject insulin anymore. I had to stop really quickly when I reduced carbs as got some really scary 2s. But blood sugars were a bit volatile for a while - very up and down.

I use Fatsecret to log my food. Did you add your breakfast yesterday to your carb total or is it included in your 12g total for the day.

Of course it could be Dawn Phenomenon that has caused the rise this morning.
@Krystyna23040 I hadn’t added the carbs in the yogurt or berries but just checked them out all together 9.2 so yes what a surprise especially the fruit, I only have 1 strawberry 4 raspberries small amount of blueberries occasionally 4 blackberries if I’ve no raspberries. But when you add it up it’s quite an amount, and because I don’t have a huge amount of fruit I hadn’t even checked this out the yogurt is 4.3 for 100gm pot but again thank yo soooo much, I’ve only recently started having sausage has I’m not a lover of most of them but found I like Lincolnshire sausage for breakfast and the German Bratwurst sausage I use them in a sausage casserole mostly with tomatoes, peppers, garlic etc a one pot wonder I call them I have a few of these dishes. But I will need to look up the carb content in what I add to them in future, not thought about carbs in some foods but sausage do have breadcrumbs added I believe. Kind Regards K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 I hadn’t added the carbs in the yogurt or berries but just checked them out all together 9.2 so yes what a surprise especially the fruit, I only have 1 strawberry 4 raspberries small amount of blueberries occasionally 4 blackberries if I’ve no raspberries. But when you add it up it’s quite an amount, and because I don’t have a huge amount of fruit I hadn’t even checked this out the yogurt is 4.3 for 100gm pot but again thank yo soooo much, I’ve only recently started having sausage has I’m not a lover of most of them but found I like Lincolnshire sausage for breakfast and the German Bratwurst sausage I use them in a sausage casserole mostly with tomatoes, peppers, garlic etc a one pot wonder I call them I have a few of these dishes. But I will need to look up the carb content in what I add to them in future, not thought about carbs in some foods but sausage do have breadcrumbs added I believe. Kind Regards K
Good scales are also a revelation. 100 gms of some foods is just a waste of time IMHO. That's the reason I avoid certain foods I really enjoy - berries being a great example. 100 gms yogurt is a perfect example - Fage comes in 150 gms pots for a snack - 0% = 3 gms carb but 0% satiety for me. 0.7% sausages do the same. Good luck with it all as we must each ultimately make our own judgement calls and way through this.

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@ianspurs I have a great set of scales but because the amounts are small I never associated them with such a high carbs amount, it’s quite an eye opener for me won’t make that mistake again we’ll hopefully not. K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
World leading display of valuing those who were and still are on the front line a day after The Met conclusively proved the shameless lack of respect inside No10:
The government also confirmed some other changes from 1 April:

• free parking for NHS staff introduced during the pandemic will end:arghh:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
World leading display of valuing those who were and still are on the front line a day after The Met conclusively proved the shameless lack of respect inside No10:
The government also confirmed some other changes from 1 April:

• free parking for NHS staff introduced during the pandemic will end:arghh:
I used to work for the NHS before I retired at 64, it was disgraceful charging staff to park on-site some refused and cluttered the surrounding streets with their cars which wasn’t right either, they used the excuse it was to pay for security but our cars still got broken into, so it doesn’t surprise in the least what this government do the doctors and nursing staff and every department of every hospital have now served their purpose during Covid hence free parking now they feel they don’t need them ASAP it’s back to charges for parking. What’s new with this sham of a government. K

Reactions: dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yup @jjraak
I get the pain meds situation with docs, and trying to source the now missing ones from the shops. It takes me ages and makes me feel like I am doing something I shouldn't...
Yet they upped the codeine to addictive level...but it sends me to to La La land, and total incapacitation. So I don't take that cos it renders me entirely useless.
And they reduced my Amitriptyline to a useless 10mg tablet daily for me. An earlier doc, now retired, gave me a sensible higher dose of Amitriptyline for me, which had worked beautifully....

Hugs for all that.

Agree on the "drug" runs, @gennepher
How it made me feel too :rolleyes:

Luckily (?) I don't seem to suffer that zombie effect with codeine, & amitriptyline at 10mg is almost right for me..(12-15 maybe spot on, but tablet too mega tiny to cut )

And a great example of how different we all are, chemically.:)

Ps, my eyes or is Popeye only in your signature in some pics ?