Bodies are WEIRD!

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to put this out there, somewhere, and am hoping that someone recognises the phenomenon from their own experience, I mean, it's less weird if other people are similarly weird. Or something like that that makes sense :grin

Anyway ...

I've lost a lot of weight so far doing low carb and increased exercise. This is good. I still have a few kg I'd like to shift but I don't think it's very urgent at this point, but I want to keep going to hit my various, self imposed, targets.

For the last couple of weeks, despite me eating sensibly, my weight has been pretty much solidly the same. I weigh every morning and the scales haven't budged. Yesterday I had an EAT ALL THE THINGS!!! day. I mean, if I had ever seriously done yoga I'd have been tempted by my own leg! I ate more calories, and more carbs, than I have for ages. I was hungry, which is unusual these days with low carb. This morning - scales down my 0.3kg.

It's as though my body is hanging on ... hanging on ... hanging on ... to the fat. Then tries to get me to eat more to make more, then it just gives in. I mean I know this is a pattern, I'm used to it, but blimey it's irritating.

Why can't we just have a well tuned machine that does predictable things, good input, good results. It would be so much more sensible.

And end rant ... thank you for listening.

Reactions: Wilber123

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Well I too cannot lose weight. Iv even been doing recipes out of the latest Cook book from the diabetic society.
There are days I only have lunch and
and Dinner all low carb high fat.
It’s soul destroying.
But the only was I. My mind is to keep going. What’s the alternative?
There isn’t one.
All the best.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I need to put this out there, somewhere, and am hoping that someone recognises the phenomenon from their own experience, I mean, it's less weird if other people are similarly weird. Or something like that that makes sense :grin

Anyway ...

I've lost a lot of weight so far doing low carb and increased exercise. This is good. I still have a few kg I'd like to shift but I don't think it's very urgent at this point, but I want to keep going to hit my various, self imposed, targets.

For the last couple of weeks, despite me eating sensibly, my weight has been pretty much solidly the same. I weigh every morning and the scales haven't budged. Yesterday I had an EAT ALL THE THINGS!!! day. I mean, if I had ever seriously done yoga I'd have been tempted by my own leg! I ate more calories, and more carbs, than I have for ages. I was hungry, which is unusual these days with low carb. This morning - scales down my 0.3kg.

It's as though my body is hanging on ... hanging on ... hanging on ... to the fat. Then tries to get me to eat more to make more, then it just gives in. I mean I know this is a pattern, I'm used to it, but blimey it's irritating.

Why can't we just have a well tuned machine that does predictable things, good input, good results. It would be so much more sensible.

And end rant ... thank you for listening.

And you think yours is weird?
My GP and my endo, agreed that I am definitely weird!
Try dealing with a rare condition and the medical world doesn't have a clue how to treat it!

Be thankful for what you got!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Scales are not an accurate measure of our health.
Increasing exercise would have created extra muscle, which weighs more than that, so you could have lost fat but gained muscle and gained weight.
How are your clothes feeling? Tight, loose, need a smaller size?
What is your meter telling you? Bg higher than you'd like? Maybe your body reacts differently to some foods than others?
Are you hungry all the time? Maybe your body is crying out for more of the foods it needs. If you are eating too little your body will go into starvation mode and try to hang on the weight it has as it sees famine coming.
Are you getting good sleep? That's when the body does most of its repair work.
Also, I find my body gets too used to things so I mix it up, someays it's 3 meals, some days one or none

From what you've written I think your body needed more nourishment, got it and used it. Listen to it more, don't necessarily obey it, but work out what it needs, and don't expect it to be the same every day. You are not a machine

And I've had those rants too, we probably all have

Reactions: Outlier