Anyone else get an email from Abbot about this new Glucose Pattern Insights feature

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Something they've added to your Libre View report

GPI.PNG

I checked mine & it seems to be an automated algorithm that suggests areas to improve in your control.
Playing doctor a bit but nice to see innovation.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well mine focused on lows
Asks my clinician to bring up if my medication is contributing to lows.
Well, I've never taken any so that will be a short conversation.

I never get that GMI, my average glucose is 4.6 yet that A1c estimate is far higher.
Nice tool but all depends on the quality of input.
lows.PNG

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Well mine focused on lows
Asks my clinician to bring up if my medication is contributing to lows.
Well, I've never taken any so that will be a short conversation.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but do you think you're really under 4 15% of the time, or is that the libre under reading?

Dexcom has a similar feature (I assume as I don't have a libre) but when I click the "patterns" option on the clarity app it just says it can't find any. :)

sgm14

I never get that GMI, my average glucose is 4.6 yet that A1c estimate is far higher.

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but GMI is not the same as HbA1c.

An average of 4.6 mmol/l would have a GMI of approximately 5.3% or 34 mmol/l or an estimated HbA1c of 4.5% or 26 mmol/l.

Personally I think this is confusing as I have 3 different mmol/l figures.
My freestyle libre app shows my average blood glucose 7.3 mmol/l and my estimated HbA1c of 42 mmol/l
The LibreView website shows my average blood glucose 7.3 mmol/l and my GMI of 47 mmol/l

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but do you think you're really under 4 15% of the time, or is that the libre under reading?

Had most of them overnight low readings the first few days then it settled in the low 4s.
I did finger prick one morning & was 0.5mmol/L higher than the scan, it seemed to get more accurate as time went on.
Conversely some of the highs were about 1mmol/L lower on finger pricks.

I do however become low before or while preparing food, I've had finger pricks in the high 3s before dinner, I can feel it too.
Or if I have wine at night I could be in the high 3s before bed.

Reactions: EllieM