What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs - I do like the idea of these tiered cakes made of cheese. We insanely took one to France once for my fathers birthday - I think that that may have been his 90th.
Brave or foolish move taking one of those to France but I assume it was self assembly. Ours was transported from Wa....se St Ives to the Old Home - 5 miles, professionally boxed. Stilton is in the front as MIL likes Stilton - and whisky:). The cheddar and cheese shaver were the stars of that show. I do so enjoy a toy. JKP has put her foot down with a firm hand over the attached - so far:angelic: Wa....se have had them over recent Christmases. Don't tell me you have one as I couldn't cope with Raclette grill envy.:D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-02 13.50.45.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-02 13.50.45.png
    169 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Duchess and I got our 4th jab this pm. Duchess. Feel it but I am ok up to now.
All the best to every one.
First good sleep since November since taking a tablet.

Derek

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Derek
Good to hear from you. Hope The Duchess soon feels better. God bless you both.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brave or foolish move taking one of those to France but I assume it was self assembly. Ours was transported from Wa....se St Ives to the Old Home - 5 miles, professionally boxed. Stilton is in the front as MIL likes Stilton - and whisky:). The cheddar and cheese shaver were the stars of that show. I do so enjoy a toy. JKP has put her foot down with a firm hand over the attached - so far:angelic: Wa....se have had them over recent Christmases. Don't tell me you have one as I couldn't cope with Raclette grill envy.:D
Oh no, these Raclette things are best left for restaurants. For home use they will surely end up in the back of a dark cupboard chatting to no end of fondu sets, spirolizers and tagines.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Derek
Good to hear from you and all the best to you and Duchess.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of an overcast ‘who knows’ kind of start here in the dark and dangerous north. It turned out to be a fine and sunny day yesterday so a slow walk into town for a late breakfast and then even managed all the steps down the cliff and along to the end of the pier. Furthest I have walked since October but I may pay for it today. We are off to our little house on the prairie later today for a bit of ‘tidying up’.
Art bit - another splash of colour. Have a great day today, whatever day you may wish to call it. Time for a koffy.

upload_2022-4-3_7-56-30.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm I call today the start of Passion Sunday (with a side of sport). Swipey insists 5.8 must do me this morning. All the rationalising in the world won't alter the fact that is not managing The D imho. Thanks for the art and congratulations on the walking. Hopefully you won't pay for it today but I and many others find the reckoning comes 2 days later if we overdo things. JKP is having a bed day since despite negative LFTs she isn't right. MIL is better off staying away today but she is still very independent. Stay warm, stay safe, stay alert, stay away from mad old men.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bit of an overcast ‘who knows’ kind of start here in the dark and dangerous north. It turned out to be a fine and sunny day yesterday so a slow walk into town for a late breakfast and then even managed all the steps down the cliff and along to the end of the pier. Furthest I have walked since October but I may pay for it today. We are off to our little house on the prairie later today for a bit of ‘tidying up’.
Art bit - another splash of colour. Have a great day today, whatever day you may wish to call it. Time for a koffy.

View attachment 54036
I hope you don't pay too much for that lovely walk yesterday...
I love the Art bit very much @dunelm
You make me want to get out my inks and watercolour paper...
But I am clearing out the cupboards where gas and electric meters are, two separate cupboards, two separate rooms, ready for the smart meter man...where do you put all this stuff as a temporary measure?

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning. Very different from yesterday's 6.5.

It reminded me just how difficult it was to manage my blood sugars with insulin injections. Before I went low carb I had even wilder blood sugar swings even though I diligently weighed and logged my food.

Identical meals and identical units of insulin could result in BS in the 2s or 10s.

Today off to Felbrigg Hall. Looking forward to visiting as we haven't been there for ages.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm I call today the start of Passiontide with a side of sport. Swipey insists 5.8 must do me this morning. All the rationalising in the world won't alter the fact that is not managing The D imho. Thanks for the art and congratulations on the walking. Hopefully you won't pay for it today but I and many others find the reckoning comes 2 days later if we overdo things. JKP is having a bed day since despite negative LFTs she isn't right. MIL is better off staying away today but she is still very independent. Stay warm, stay safe, stay alert, stay away from mad old men.
Hope JKP feels a lot better very soon.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Shadow slept on the swing last night, to make sure she was first in the queue for breakfast.
But something came along in the undergrowth. And Shadow rushed towards the undergrowth in defensive mode. Didn't enter the undergrowth, but stayed there in lashing tail mode. So I sat on the swing and called her to come for her food. And I stayed on the swing until she had finished. Because of that, she didn't bolt her food.

She went off. I refilled the wet food, and now we have the parade of the ginger cats. The ginger cats enter my garden from the back where there is a roofless derelict garage. And Calico comes in that way also. So what was in the undergrowth, on the other side of the garden, that Shadow took umbridge to, I have no idea...

Stuff to do now...so bye for now...

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. It is last night's sunset. Rather beautiful, and made a nice delicate kaleidoscope. Procreate to draw Popeye in. Snapseed for name and frame.

D8DAF551-1CBB-4022-9D9B-93713F7D4C56.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dunelm I call today the start of Passiontide with a side of sport. Swipey insists 5.8 must do me this morning. All the rationalising in the world won't alter the fact that is not managing The D imho. Thanks for the art and congratulations on the walking. Hopefully you won't pay for it today but I and many others find the reckoning comes 2 days later if we overdo things. JKP is having a bed day since despite negative LFTs she isn't right. MIL is better off staying away today but she is still very independent. Stay warm, stay safe, stay alert, stay away from mad old men.
Hope JKP improves quickly @ianpspurs

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. Stranger in camp this morning.:D Haven't been testing for a while for various reasons so didn't feel right to post but have been following all your posts with genuine interest. My fbs today was 11.6. Yesterday it was 12.1. Two hours later it went up to 15.8 and 2 hours before evening meal was 21.1! :arghh: Following a telephone consultation with a doctor I had a face to face appointment with a different doctor. I am now on antibiotics whilst awaiting the results form a sample sent to the hospital. I am in total admiration for all of you on here who have such good control over blood sugar levels. Have a happy Sunday you lovely people whatever you have planned.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Stranger in camp this morning.:D Haven't been testing for a while for various reasons so didn't feel right to post but have been following all your posts with genuine interest. My fbs today was 11.6. Yesterday it was 12.1. Two hours later it went up to 15.8 and 2 hours before evening meal was 21.1! :arghh: Following a telephone consultation with a doctor I had a face to face appointment with a different doctor. I am now on antibiotics whilst awaiting the results form a sample sent to the hospital. I am in total admiration for all of you on here who have such good control over blood sugar levels. Have a happy Sunday you lovely people whatever you have planned.:)
Whilst it is really good to hear from you the content is obviously not as good. I hope and pray the antibiotics work and the sample merely proves they are all you need. I'm sure whoever the people with good control are feel there is no need for admiration as anyone of us would see exactly the same numbers given your particular situation. Managing The D alongside other conditions, everything else in life plus our unique backstory is totally individual. All the froth around ideal levels and methods can become toxic if we lose sight of that.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Whilst it is really good to hear from you the content is obviously not as good. I hope and pray the antibiotics work and the sample merely proves they are all you need. I'm sure whoever the people with good control are feel there is no need for admiration as anyone of us would see exactly the same numbers given your particular situation. Managing The D alongside other conditions, everything else in life plus our unique backstory is totally individual. All the froth around ideal levels and methods can become toxic if we lose sight of that.
Thank you @ianpspurs for your wise words.:)