Interesting Libre graph

finzi1966

Well, I think it’s interesting lol!

Outrageously self-indulgent meal around 8pm last night. Including dessert. I am normally pretty strict, this was very much a one-off.

What I thought was interesting was what appears to be my body producing insulin quite well (dropped from 9 to 4.9 very rapidly at one point). Then it obviously wasn’t enough cos it shot back up to 8.4. Then dropped again. I know that type 1’s on insulin!often have this veering up and down, but as a non-insulin user (I’m on metformin and Ozempic) I've never had it before
IMG_8001.jpg

FBG of 5.9 this morning so more or less back to my normal.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I notice this is a new sensor.
Did you apply it on the same day you started it?
I ask because I see false swings like that if I don't give my sensor a couple of days to bed it before starting it. For me, these reported swings have nothing to do with my true blood sugar readings.

finzi1966

It is a new sensor (very annoyingly I missed scanning my previous one because I was too busy and it ended before I had a chance so I lost several hours of data). But it was applied 24 hours ago and has in fact been very stable other than after my evening meal (sticky teriyaki chicken! Tempura vegetables in batter! A cube of key lime pie! 2 chocolate truffles!). So i don’t think it’s the sensor’s fault

In fact I was fairly happy with the readings considering what I ate. I was quite impressed with my body’s valiant attempts to bring things down again lol

Joy1988

Those readings are pretty impressive after treats! I’m on insulin and wouldn’t have had that kind of reading no matter what I did! Hope you enjoyed lol!

Reactions: finzi1966