Weight LOSS T2!!

Valsal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on insulin once a day since 2019, supposedly T2. I was 72kg when diagnosed, I'm now 54kg!!! Tried everything, good appetite. Check carbs but aim for high calories. Anyone else with weight loss not gain. I read on here Tresiba causes weight gain... not for me it doesn't.
Thanks in advance

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on insulin once a day since 2019, supposedly T2. I was 72kg when diagnosed, I'm now 54kg!!! Tried everything, good appetite. Check carbs but aim for high calories.
How is your blood glucose throughout the day,what is your hba1c?

Reactions: EllieM

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So you're an insulin dependent diabetic? Caused by a medical treatment? I think it can be confusing to call it 'type two', for me, the Swedish system of calling it 'SIDD' makes more sense - 'severe insulin deficient diabetes'. Just in terms of understanding that you don't have the kind of body/fat storage pathways as many type two's have which all too easily piles on fat storage, especially in today's food environment.

Forgive me if I have misunderstood, but that means you can eat more carbs than an insulin-resistant type two can - as long as you cover it with your insulin intake? But if you are wanting to keep your carbs low nonetheless, to keep your insulin intake in check? - that leaves upping your fats and protein. Lots of nuts, and nut-product baking, milk shakes if you are dairy tolerant, and dairy generally. Lots of body builders and martial artists wanting to bulk up into another weight class swear by protein shakes. If dairy intolerant - you have all those non-dairy 'milks' to choose from - coconut, almond and so on.