Travel insurance

Biggsyd

Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this but I am trying to find some travel insurance for a upcoming holiday to Europe. Can anyone help with any suggestions of who to try please?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

Skippy1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have many multiple issues - staysure or goodtogo/oktogo have given me quotes where many others wouldn't.

Linnie1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm just looking for insurance for holiday in Turkey and after much research, The Post Office Travel Insurance or All Clear Travel Insurance are coming out the most economical with the level of cover we want. Have used both in the past. That's for me with Type 2, recent Breast Cancer and High. Chol. and hubby with Mild COPD. I'm over 65 and husband over 75.

Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
My T2 father used goodtogoinsurance for many years precovid (annual trips of 3 months to the Antipodes while in his 80s). It took half an hour to fill out the medical questionaire (I used to save the details from the previous year's one) and was mega expensive (I think the one when he was 89 was around 2000 pounds?). It also meant he couldn't choose a route that transited through the US because the insurance rep told us he wouldn't be able to afford the health care there. But T2 diabetes is probably the least of his many health conditions and I think they were factoring in the significant possibility that he might die on the trip.

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
My husband has heart and lots of other issues. We were told by a friend to try
“Avante “. They were great with us. We went to Australia for. Month and had no issues other than a nasty midi bite.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OH has various heart and other issues and we use Staysure or Insureandgo. One year I used both - we went to Jersey and a cruise and found a multi trip insurance was more expensive with just one insurer than going to Jersey with Insureandgo and the cruise with Staysure.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I have just completed a 50 mile walk along the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path. Both of us are over 65, one with no medical conditions and me with Type 2 diabetes in remission. Allclear gave us very reasonably priced cover. Staysure also insured me for a trip to Lebanon prior to Covid.