Chick pea pasta anyone?

Glyko

Has anyone tried chickpea pasta? Does it raise your blood glucose?
I was thinking about incorporating it, since it must have some resistant starch if eaten cold or?

I really miss pasta, oatmeal and beans sometimes...

Anyone with T2D who uses low carb but not keto?

Reactions: MaviesDavies2

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve seen it on Facebook but I haven’t tried as chickpeas, hummus spike me badly so I think it won’t be good for me. I occasionally use Explore Cuisine edamame spaghetti when I want pasta. It’s 13g of carb per 100g - I use 50g at a time and tolerate it well

Glyko

I’ve seen it on Facebook but I haven’t tried as chickpeas, hummus spike me badly so I think it won’t be good for me. I occasionally use Explore Cuisine edamame spaghetti when I want pasta. It’s 13g of carb per 100g - I use 50g at a time and tolerate it well
Thank you for the reply, will look into that! Might be a better option. Big thanks.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There’s something called konjac that they make rice and noodles out of (I hate it but others like it) and also palmini made from palm hearts that I haven’t tried as well as the spiralized veg options.

Reactions: lovinglife

jessj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There’s something called konjac that they make rice and noodles out of (I hate it but others like it) and also palmini made from palm hearts that I haven’t tried as well as the spiralized veg options.
Agree I totally hate konjac noodles, almost put me in hospital as they bunged me right up and my diverticulitis kicked right in - ended up on antibiotics, I do used spiralised veggies but like the edamame pasta for carbonara and cream based sauces

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When only pasta will do I use the Aldi Edamame bean pasta, courgetti works well with some sauces or Spaghetti squash if you can find it. The konjac noodle I use with stirfries instead of egg/rice noodles, and with curries I go for Cauliflower rice, or just add more veg to the sauce

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Konjac noodles smell ‘fishy’ and I have to rinse them for like a year before the smell disappears. Also texture is a bit rubbery I find but will do in a pinch. Explore Edamame spaghetti is the nicest tasting I’ve found out of the low carb options.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aldi edamame mung bean fettuccinne is the best low carb pasta I’ve found, tastes like I remember pasta tasting

Reactions: Nodemus