Hello from Aberdeenshire

Donsman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Been T2 for several years and following a major operation I am now taking insulin after several years on Metformin. The operation was really a wake up call; not diabetes related, but it made me realise how crucial it is to keep my sugar levels in check. Great to see so many like minded folk on here and looking forward to sharing experiences etc

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @Donsman
Can you let us know how many years you have been T2 & how were your A1cs on Met.
Did they not offer you Glicizide or Ozempic before insulin, was there a dramatic progression ?

Donsman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome @Donsman
Can you let us know how many years you have been T2 & how were your A1cs on Met.
Did they not offer you Glicizide or Ozempic before insulin, was there a dramatic progression ?
12 years Type 2
The insulin decision was taken after my operation on my hip where acid was found in my blood

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
Been T2 for several years and following a major operation I am now taking insulin after several years on Metformin. The operation was really a wake up call; not diabetes related, but it made me realise how crucial it is to keep my sugar levels in check. Great to see so many like minded folk on here and looking forward to sharing experiences etc
Hello and welcome @Donsman I used to live in Aberdeenshire in the cairngorm national park beautiful area

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll sing "The Northern Lights of Auld Aberdeen" with you. I'm a Sassenach, but I used to go to Aberdeen for work every now and then.

Reactions: coby

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Wake up calls are so very welcome to us all, and I'm glad to see that you are acting on it and looking to get as healthy as possible. Welcome :)