Licence renewal mistake!

Peterjv

Good morning, I know there is loads of questions regarding driving and dvla but I need to ask this.

so basically my licence come up for renewal like normal I then went online and completed the form all good. But then a week or so later I get a letter saying that they are questioning my fitness to drive and require me to have a medical wit my my consultant.

then BAM it hit me, I was sat there reading the questions on the renewal form and realised I had made a mistake on one of the questions, the question was- have you ever had a hypo? and I answered NO. But then continued to answer I have hypo awareness etc.
They haven’t revoked my licence which is a good thing but still worried of the outcome.

I’m currently still waiting for my medical but was just curious if anyone else has done this??

Thanks for reading

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi,
A couple of years back, I had a similar letter (I hadn't seen my Diabetes Team at the surgery for a full year, due to a series of cancelled appointments and stuff. And I think this was the cause of being flagged up).
Anyway, I had to see my GP, and he basically filled in the form in my presence.
He satisfied himself with my answers before he filled in the answer.

Obviously, things may have changed since then?