Osteo arthritis

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Have oa and wondering if a supplement would help but need to know if anything will impact adversley on heart or diabetes so any good suggestions / advice please

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Have oa and wondering if a supplement would help but need to know if anything will impact adversley on heart or diabetes so any good suggestions / advice please
Hi @borderter
I’m also type2 diabetic diet controlled and also have OA I’ve had this since my early 20s I’m now 75years old just come through a 5 month flare up, I’m not aware of supplements for OA but I’ve certainly found pain relief from using CBD balm 300mg strength in orange box from Holland and Barrette health shops.
They can certainly help with advice on supplements I’ve found them extremely helpful in the past with vitamin supplements etc. I needed to find a pain relief medication has I’m allergic to a lot of pain medication I spoke to my doctor and physio and both said if it works for you use it.
I can’t tell you how much it has helped me it took a few weeks has I hadn’t been able to take any medication for it upto finding out about CBD I tried the oil but found the balm you rub directly onto the area of pain and I use a electric heat pad on my back and electric blanket has the heat and the balm ease the pain.
I’m sure if anyone can help you Holland and Barrett can, just a tip wait till they have the penny sales and you can get 2 jars for the price of one if you decide to try it. Good Luck. K

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @borderter
I’m also type2 diabetic diet controlled and also have OA I’ve had this since my early 20s I’m now 75years old just come through a 5 month flare up, I’m not aware of supplements for OA but I’ve certainly found pain relief from using CBD balm 300mg strength in orange box from Holland and Barrette health shops.
They can certainly help with advice on supplements I’ve found them extremely helpful in the past with vitamin supplements etc. I needed to find a pain relief medication has I’m allergic to a lot of pain medication I spoke to my doctor and physio and both said if it works for you use it.
I can’t tell you how much it has helped me it took a few weeks has I hadn’t been able to take any medication for it upto finding out about CBD I tried the oil but found the balm you rub directly onto the area of pain and I use a electric heat pad on my back and electric blanket has the heat and the balm ease the pain.
I’m sure if anyone can help you Holland and Barrett can, just a tip wait till they have the penny sales and you can get 2 jars for the price of one if you decide to try it. Good Luck. K
Thats good to hear as i also seem to react to all meds so will give this a go

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have oa and wondering if a supplement would help but need to know if anything will impact adversely on heart or diabetes so any good suggestions / advice please

I have osteoarthritis; mainly in my hands.

Speaking with the rheumatologist (whose main role was ruling out rheumatoid arthritis), I reiterated I don't like taking medication of at all possible, so the usual pain killing meds were unattractive.

Her suggestions were topical Volteral, which is available over the counter. (I can't use this as it has ingredients that significantly, adversely interact with something else I take. Her other suggestion is Capasaicin. It is a formulation containing chilli. It is available on prescription. In fact the "real deal" is only available on script.

It is noted on my records it is available to me, but I haven't needed it yet.

I have made some chilli paste which helps. It's just a paste of chilli, shea butter and bees wax. There are loads if recipes on the interweb.

For me, it is soothing. It doesn't knock out the pain, but the warmth helps.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/abo...aken from chilli,has no major safety problems.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anecdotal stories that removing aubergines, peppers, tomatoes and potatoes from the diet help (from my 85 year old Nan who swears this helped her)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @borderter and @AndBreathe
Sorry not been on site over last few days but I had reached the end of the line with pain meds, I’ve already had stomach surgery when I was 64 so doctors will only prescribed Paracetamol for me, which is useless for Arthritis pain relief.
I decided to find out about CBD oil and balms has I had read about how it was helping people with pain relief and Volterol the 2.3% strength wasn’t working for me either, so on a short holiday to York and Chester I went into Holland and Barrett to enquire from them about it.
The young woman I spoke to had Ankylosis Spondylitis think that’s the correct spelling not sure, which I know is terribly debilitating and painful and she had been using CBD for a while and found it worked for her so I decided I would give it a try.
I increase the strength to the highest 300mg in their CBD Balm after trying other lower strengths and over a few weeks I found my pain had lessened until it was just a dull ache in my lower back, I’ve since used it on my knees and ankles and it has helped me a lot.
I discussed it with my doctor and physio and they both said if it works then use it so I have and do the rest is history so to say,
I use it on a has and when needed if it’s not so bad I don’t use it but if we are going out for a couple of hours or more depends I use it before we go.
I really hope it works for you both just let us know how you get on if you give it a try. K

Reactions: OrsonKartt

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry not been on site over last few days but I had reached the end of the line with pain meds, I’ve already had stomach surgery when I was 64 so doctors will only prescribed Paracetamol for me, which is useless for Arthritis pain relief.
I decided to find out about CBD oil and balms has I had read about how it was helping people with pain relief and Volterol the 2.3% strength wasn’t working for me either, so on a short holiday to York and Chester I went into Holland and Barrett to enquire from them about it.
The young woman I spoke to had Ankylosis Spondylitis think that’s the correct spelling not sure, which I know is terribly debilitating and painful and she had been using CBD for a while and found it worked for her so I decided I would give it a try.
I increase the strength to the highest 300mg in their CBD Balm after trying other lower strengths and over a few weeks I found my pain had lessened until it was just a dull ache in my lower back, I’ve since used it on my knees and ankles and it has helped me a lot.
I discussed it with my doctor and physio and they both said if it works then use it so I have and do the rest is history so to say,
I use it on a has and when needed if it’s not so bad I don’t use it but if we are going out for a couple of hours or more depends I use it before we go.
I really hope it works for you both just let us know how you get on if you give it a try. K

Thanks for your post @Granny_grump_ .

I'm fortunate that my arthritis pain comes and goes, andd really only gets me down if I'm having a flare of some sort. I will make note of your suggestion though, should things get trickier for me.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Gran grump I have bought this one and so far no change so how long before i can expect to feel less pain

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Gran grump I have bought this one and so far no change so how long before i can expect to feel less pain
Hi @borderter
I had some relief from start of using it this got much better over following weeks until I only now have some low back ache if I do things like cleaning bathroom or any bending over for short periods. But I have done has time goes on half days out to favourite places stops for coffee or lunch use heat pad on my back if it’s uncomfortable when we get home, CBD before bed and sleeping with electric blanket on number 1 if and when needed. We have got home at 1.30pm from 10 am this morning after a look around shops for holiday clothes, again very bearable low back ache haven’t needed to use anything this afternoon.
I did try at first the CBD oil drops you put under your tongue but this didn’t work for me, so tried two different strengths of CBD balm and the Holland and Barrett orange box 300 strength has worked very well for me. I suppose we are all different what works for one isn’t guaranteed to work for everyone, I had hoped it would be ok for you, but has you have got it give it a month and see if you get any relief at least you will have given it a good try. I really hope it works for you the relief from the awful continuous back pain is great better than popping pills and damage to your stomach over long periods of taking pain relief meds. I couldn’t go back to that ever not since my stomach surgery it’s too much of risk for me. Fingers crossed for you. K

Reactions: Wilber123

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Iv stopped eating tomatoes for the past month. My bad knees are improving so no more tomato for me.
It’s worth a small trial to see if you respond.

Reactions: OrsonKartt