What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I think a pony and trap would be easier than that car...
Although people round here complain and post on the neighbourhood internet site when a horse goes past and the owner does not stop to pick up those little piles the horses leave behind....
What! They don't dash out with a shovel and grab it for their roses?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

I didn't feel well yesterday with my car refusing me entry even with the manual key (I did get in it in the end) but I hadn't realised I was so soaked in that rain, I should have changed clothes before I went to the shops, but I didn't want to risk the car locking me out again. So slept under my nice warm electric blanket most of the day.

Mr Magpie came many times to the diner yesterday. I am assuming he might have little ones, or his missus is being very demanding sitting on those eggs. He even came at dusk. The light was fading. I hadn't brought in the cat diner yet. It was nearly empty. Mr Magpie was very nervous. I have never seen him this time of day before. I expect the birds to be in bed by then. He was looking every which way before he ate some wet food (a few scraps left) and then took a mouthful back to his missus. He has already been back this morning after Shadow took the best bits of wet cat food.

Creative today - ink painting photographed on the postcard. Several apps used to finish the details...ZenBrush3, Procreate, and then Snapseed4name&frame.

Researched Tens machines yesterday while in bed. Researched food dehydrators also. And something else.
Ordered.
Coming on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They might be here before then.

Have your best day you can...

I will...

View attachment 54139

Drats to technology.

Always on my mind, when It breaks can I sort it out & if not what's it going to cost ?

(Dreading that switch over to EV :wideyed:
wallet bashing on a biblical scale, I fear.)

Hope your work around ..works :)

Hug for the cold feeling, hope it passes quickly x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Drats to technology.

Always on my mind, when It breaks can I sort it out & if not what's it going to cost ?

(Dreading that switch over to EV :wideyed:
wallet bashing on a biblical scale, I fear.)

Hope your work around ..works :)

Hug for the cold feeling, hope it passes quickly x
Thanks @jjraak
I dread EV too...

I'll try it later today...

:cat:

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No they don't!
Free fertiliser is free fertiliser as far as I am concerned....
Interestingly back in The (real) Fens ™ there were always people giving away horse manure or selling it very cheaply. Here there are probably as many, if not more, horses as people in some parts and no sign of such gifts/trade. Another reason I simply can't "understand" or warm to this area and find it so hard to settle. To be fair, the sheer amount of antibiotics potentially present in that and cow dung these days it is perhaps a blessing in disguise. Certainly for veg. Unfortunately, IMHO, roses seem indestructible but JKP has two in memory of her dad and sister so maybe a good thing.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interestingly back in The (real) Fens ™ there were always people giving away horse manure or selling it very cheaply. Here there are probably as many, if not more, horses as people in some parts and no sign of such gifts/trade. Another reason I simply can't "understand" or warm to this area and find it so hard to settle. To be fair, the sheer amount of antibiotics potentially present in that and cow dung these days it is perhaps a blessing in disguise. Certainly for veg. Unfortunately, IMHO, roses seem indestructible:bigtears:
I make my own fertiliser with my tiger worms @ianpspurs
So, I know exactly what has gone in my wormery for my vegetable raised bed garden.
Foxy Loxy, fortunately, has not discovered my wormery yet
s1901.gif

Horse gifts would go in rest of garden....

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No FBG again.
Eating is out of control. Far too much food and way over the top carbs. We are talking stress eating whole packets of biscuits. I don't even like these biscuits...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

I didn't feel well yesterday with my car refusing me entry even with the manual key (I did get in it in the end) but I hadn't realised I was so soaked in that rain, I should have changed clothes before I went to the shops, but I didn't want to risk the car locking me out again. So slept under my nice warm electric blanket most of the day.

Mr Magpie came many times to the diner yesterday. I am assuming he might have little ones, or his missus is being very demanding sitting on those eggs. He even came at dusk. The light was fading. I hadn't brought in the cat diner yet. It was nearly empty. Mr Magpie was very nervous. I have never seen him this time of day before. I expect the birds to be in bed by then. He was looking every which way before he ate some wet food (a few scraps left) and then took a mouthful back to his missus. He has already been back this morning after Shadow took the best bits of wet cat food.

Creative today - ink painting photographed on the postcard. Several apps used to finish the details...ZenBrush3, Procreate, and then Snapseed4name&frame.

Researched Tens machines yesterday while in bed. Researched food dehydrators also. And something else.
Ordered.
Coming on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They might be here before then.

Have your best day you can...

I will...

View attachment 54139
Smashing piece of art - I like the blue and the path leading the eye to the lone tree. All the best on the search for Tens and dehydrator.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No FBG again.
Eating is out of control. Far too much food and way over the top carbs. We are talking stress eating whole packets of biscuits. I don't even like these biscuits...
Hug for the stress eating, hope you have a better day today.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a bit of a red sky in the morning start here in the dark and dangerous north. International Bin Day has rolled round around again and I can report that General Bin Waste Bin is proudly standing at the edge of the pavement awaiting the parade of the bin lorry. Bonus trip yesterday after swimming, we all went on a walk down through the woods to make sand castles on the beach before grabbing ice cream and heading back. Up through he woods we picked wild garlic leaves which were excitedly washed and shredded to sprinkle on pasta for dinner. No idea what today will bring apart from the appearance late afternoon of my pal who is on a plane to Heathrow from LA. Where will everyone sleep? That garden shed is full of ‘moving stuff’.
Art bit - another tree, another boat. A3 watercolour paper. Have the best day that you can, all past days are cancelled but can be held and cherished as memories. Time for some koffy.

upload_2022-4-14_6-53-26.jpeg

Reactions: dogslife

Jojo85

Hello friends!

7.30am fbg 5.3

I had a me day today after my nieces left yesterday. Had a Mani and Pedi! Kids are hard work lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a bit of a red sky in the morning start here in the dark and dangerous north. International Bin Day has rolled round around again and I can report that General Bin Waste Bin is proudly standing at the edge of the pavement awaiting the parade of the bin lorry. Bonus trip yesterday after swimming, we all went on a walk down through the woods to make sand castles on the beach before grabbing ice cream and heading back. Up through he woods we picked wild garlic leaves which were excitedly washed and shredded to sprinkle on pasta for dinner. No idea what today will bring apart from the appearance late afternoon of my pal who is on a plane to Heathrow from LA. Where will everyone sleep? That garden shed is full of ‘moving stuff’.
Art bit - another tree, another boat. A3 watercolour paper. Have the best day that you can, all past days are cancelled but can be held and cherished as memories. Time for some koffy.

View attachment 54158
Wild garlic leaves sounds good @dunelm
I have both in my garden - wild garlic, and Jack-by-the-hedge.

Brilliant Art bit - so much to see and find in it...