What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a promising start in the East here in the dark and dangerous north. Did anyone get their hands on some dodgy coins yesterday - no? Never mind. Easter egg hunts? Do we need to wait until Sunday or can we have one any day we like. Also, can we just wrap cunningly shaped vegetables in tinsel paper and have Easter egg surprises? Not sure what we are doing today but the funicular should be open at last so we could spend an hour or so queuing for a 2 minute ride in that.
Art bit - perhaps a bit too much ink, who knows. Have a marvellous day if you can, speedos on if the sun is shining. Best make some koffy first.

View attachment 54164
Those Easter Egg vegetable surprises would probably cause some tears among little ones...

Great Art bit @dunelm
That amount of ink looks just like the sky here, dark and foreboding. But my app says I have a bright shining sun in a blue sky...sigh, I think you set the tone of the day...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Friday greetings worldwide diabetes massive. Fbg here is ?.? but fitbit assures me I'm alive so today is prayer, poetry, domestic bliss, SSSF (wild Alaskan since you didn't ask) with much tea and some coffee. Coffee with cream (15-20 mls) always seems to drop my bg but possibly as I also break my fast around then, 11.00m ish is Dockey time. Dockey? Farmers/gang masters docked wages for a meal break. @dunelm I can't find anything scriptural precluding Easter Egg hunts on any day, nor vegetables being wrapped. Thanks for the art. @gennepher enjoy your boutique twitchers paradise and great news about the tens machine especially as it was a bargain. Thanks for the creative and your grandchildren are truly blessed to have you as a grandmother and to have that amazing keepsake. @Krystyna23040 what day is seal day? Weather looks set fair for you. BBC Look East for this sub region came from Cambridge last evening - so much more to my taste. Do enjoy today safely.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. fbs today 11.8- a slight improvement on previous 12.3. Good Friday- a day for reflection me thinks. Didn't have Easter egg hunts in my childhood days but remember having to wait for Easter Sunday before being allowed to eat my chocolate egg. Happy Easter everyone. :joyful:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Friday greetings worldwide diabetes massive. Fbg here is ?.? but fitbit assures me I'm alive so today is prayer, poetry, domestic bliss, SSSF (wild Alaskan since you didn't ask) with much tea and some coffee. Coffee with cream (15-20 mls) always seems to drop my bg but possibly as I also break my fast around then, 11.00m ish is Dockey time. Dockey? Farmers/gang masters docked wages for a meal break. @dunelm I can't find anything scriptural precluding Easter Egg hunts on any day, nor vegetables being wrapped. Thanks for the art. @gennepher enjoy your boutique twitchers paradise and great news about the tens machine especially as it was a bargain. Thanks for the creative and your grandchildren are truly blessed to have you as a grandmother and to have that amazing keepsake. @Krystyna23040 what day is seal day? Weather looks set fair for you. BBC Look East for this sub region came from Cambridge last evening - so much more to my taste. Do enjoy today safely.
Thank you very much @ianpspurs
:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course it is also Passover so Happy Pesach to you and yours to all concerned. Also Ramadan - struggle for professional sports men and women with such a packed Easter schedule to entertain us and keep TV schedules full. I've seen a few football matches where players have needed to take on nutrition and fluids during the game. Also missed giving good wishes for Baisakhi /Vaisakhi. yesterday I believe. Some LC/adaptable ideas in there. A while to go for Eid. While I'm here have a recipe from a place I've never heard of before:D

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Friday pah, here in Tilehurst Towers it’s disaster Friday, absolute disaster darlings, a self induced disaster.
Let me, me’s and myself explain.
First disaster, I have stupidly let my hair and beard grow since the start of the covid epidemic, Mrs J decreed that this Morening would be beard and hair thinning / trimming morning.
Second disaster….
Blood sugars this morning were 4.5, calculation, tea bag reading, guesstimate finger into the wind and how much activity will take place time, an insulin dose was agreed between all of me’s, still with me? Well this is where things went wrong, I let all my minds wander off and injected the insulin, but have no recollection of the amount of insulin, somewhere between a 1/2 to 3/2 times the calculated amount, factoring in I am being treated to a full Sunday lunchtime roast, this evenings blood sugar reading is going to be very interesting. My own fault for letting my mind(s) wander.
Good Friday pah.
Stay safe and better stock up jelly babies, testing strips and insulin.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Friday pah, here in Tilehurst Towers it’s disaster Friday, absolute disaster darlings, a self induced disaster.
First disaster, I have stupidly let my hair and beard grow since the start of the covid epidemic, Mrs J decreed that this Morening would be beard and hair thinning / trimming morning.
Second disaster….
Blood sugars this morning were 4.5, calculation, tea bag reading, guesstimate finger into the wind and how much activity will take place time, an insulin dose was agreed between all of me’s, still with me? Well this is where things went wrong, I let all my minds wander off and injected the insulin, but have no recollection of the amount of insulin, somewhere between a 1/2 to 3/2 times the calculated amount, factoring in I am being treated to a full Sunday lunchtime roast, this evenings blood sugar reading is going to be very interesting. My own fault for letting my mind(s) wander.
Good Friday pah.
Hope all goes well Alf. Problems like that (you are an entirely different order of problem) should motivate people like me who find LC awful to stick with the programme. Hopefully all will be well and the Sunday lunchtime roast - who keeps your diary? - is sumptuous.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Yesterday afternoon, my orders came in a few days early. So, I got my tens machine, and my food dehydrator.
While I was researching the food dehydrator the prices were going up as I was looking. I chose one, and then found it had gone up by £30. So, I unchose it and looked again. There were 2 contenders, but the one I fancied, when I looked at the reviews they bore no relation to that particular product. I only knew because people had posted photos of it. So, I then chose one that had just popped up on offer, (it had good reviews on other sites as well). But OMG, the size of it. It looked quite small in the photo, but I now have a giant of a dehydrator...Okay, I should have got my ruler out to realise the dimensions, but my brain does not visualise metric, but it can visualise imperial measurements.

The tens machine came as well yesterday. I opened it up, and I had to check back on my order because it looked worth far more than I had paid for it. I only paid £18:99 for it, and I would have said it was worth £45 plus. I knew I needed an Apple device to run it, so I downloaded the app for it on my iPad. I was struggling for the next hour to get the device to talk to the app. Checked reviews, others had given up on it and sent it back. Nothing defeats me. Got it working. Then was the next mystery. Where to put it? Everything was as clear as mud. There was a whole pile of stuff on Chinese acupuncture, but that didn't exactly relate to the use and placement and program and strength for use of this tens machine. A bit of guesswork next. And it works and appears to be helping me, like I thought it might. There was no app for Android. So, I wondered if there was a generic app, to generally run tens machines. Found one. Very easy to get it to talk to my new tens machine, and it had better safety features. So, I am a happy bunny! I love this new tens machine.

gennepher's cat diner - very busy this morning. Shadow was waiting as usual on my swing for first dibs. Then for the next two hours has been the procession of the birds. Blackbirds, sparrows, bluetits, and Mr Magpie who is is making very frequent visits. And then Mr Heffalump (wood pigeon) is crash landing in the middle of this bird party. The suddenly I realised there was a new bird at the fatball feeders. My bird app for bird sounds had said this bird was in the near vicinity.but I had never seen it before. So googled to double check ID. Beautiful reds on it. It is a Male Great Spotted Woodpecker! Beautiful!

Who the heck wants to sit in a cold damp draughty bird hide with no facilities? I am in my warm bed, leccy blanket on, a cup of hot fresh coffee and one of tea, and the bathroom facilities just round the corner.

Shadow has just come back for her second breakfast, and Manky Ginger has just started the procession of the gingers....

Creative today. Another illustration done in Apple's Page for my life story for the grandchildren. This one is of Orlando the Marmalade Cat, which was my favourite book as a child.

More coffee and tea needed now, and the cat diner needs a refil...

Oops, busy out there, Manky Ginger has just caught a passing mouse...the cat diner is restocking itself...oh dear, the drama continues, another ginger cat has entered the scene, Ginger. Two gingers at once....

View attachment 54165
Lovely illustration for the story telling and glad that you are now the proud owner of an electronic wonder of a Tens machine. So much going on in your garden and great to know that you are all cozy wrapped up instead of out on some frosty wetlands.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Those Easter Egg vegetable surprises would probably cause some tears among little ones...

Great Art bit @dunelm
That amount of ink looks just like the sky here, dark and foreboding. But my app says I have a bright shining sun in a blue sky...sigh, I think you set the tone of the day...
Thank you @gennepher. Ah, the surprise eggs are exclusively for the grown ups - stops them grazing as they go! Our day has suddenly got a tad cooler as the day progresses.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Second disaster….
Good Friday pah.
Oh My Goodness @alf_Josiah
Massive enormous hugs for you.
All you can do is take every back up plan possible to the meal, and for after.
Take care.
>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely illustration for the story telling and glad that you are now the proud owner of an electronic wonder of a Tens machine. So much going on in your garden and great to know that you are all cozy wrapped up instead of out on some frosty wetlands.
Thank you @dunelm
:happy:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Second disaster….
Good Friday pah.
I don’t know what is the biggest disaster, the insulin debacle or the beard and hair catastrophe. Stay safe, take legal advise about the full Sunday lunchtime roast.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.40am FBG 5.2
MrSlim walked to garage and fetched post operative car, little gentle physio called for so i took it shopping, then he took it to the tip. Ah, little car we have missed you.
One Apple tree is in full blossom and showering us with petals. Somehow still have not managed to plant any more seeds. Feeling very-under-the-weather despite the sunshine.
Trying to find summer clothes has led to total chaos in the bedroom. While opening the windows has only allowed the pungent country aromas and the flies in...
If only I could stop eating so much am sure I would feel better.
Just realised plan to look for new cat next month is not practical as we have long term houseguest with cat allergy.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher are you absolutely certain those really are birds in your garden?
That brightly coloured woodpecker might be debatable @ianpspurs
He looked like a wooden clockwork bird...
A bit mechanical...

But I would suspect those massive bumble bees...
Bigger and noisier this year.
One flew in my bungalow this morning, and I still cannot find him...
t12811.gif

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What day is seal day? Weather looks set fair for you/QUOTE]
@ianpspurs today was seal day. We had a wonderful day. Luckily we all had brought our warm jackets as it was so cold out on the North Sea even though it was brilliant sunshine. Although not a good time of the year to see seals we were so lucky to see a little group of them.

Jojo85

Hello friends,

Fbg was 5.0 this morning at 8am.

I'm off to my mums house later, helping her prep for Easter lunch tomorrow! She made keto friendly food just for me hehe

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Easter

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fog 6.5

gennepher's cat diner was very active yesterday...
Shadow was very inquisitive yesterday. She explored my potting shed in all the nooks and crannies, and came out with cobwebs stuck to her.
I went back in to my bungalow for a cup of tea, and as I left the kitchen I was nearly bowled over by a cat charging through my living room and hallway into the kitchen. She sat on the kitchen floor looking at me demurely.
'Food', her eyes said...

Creative today - another illustration from my life story for the grandchildren. As a child, I was terrified of the stuffed stag's heads with massive antlers either side of every doorway.

Will we get sun today?

Very grey, dark and cloudy out there...

Shadow is out there feeding...

Time for a hot mug of tea.

A89BB024-BC85-40D5-8587-14508AF0501A.jpeg

And a kaleidoscope from it for @ianpspurs

C0A81C33-DD34-4EB4-A772-B5023251E03E.jpeg

15CEB3C3-CBC4-4BA4-9987-0BC72BE77A31.jpeg

Last edited: