What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Jojo85

Good morning!

Fbg Easter Sunday was 5.4
Fbg Monday was 5.5

Had a lovely Easter with family, the kids enjoyed the Easter egg hunt and my mum cooked so many traditional Lebanese dishes for Easter.

Hope everyone had a great Easter (to all that celebrate) and didn't endulge on toi many chocolate eggs lol

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on what looks to be another bright and shiny day here in the dark and dangerous north
They came, and now they have gone. A monster week of fun and frolics interspersed with episodes of ‘tidy up time’ and hoovering up food like a plague of locusts. So quiet this morning - no noises on the stairs and no three course breakfasts to look forward to. Still, I managed to finish my book and by the looks of it, some meagre dregs, tantalisingly murmuring from the depths of something bottled 10 years ago neat Pitlochry by the three men of Edradour and that turned up at the house one Christmas Day.
Art, does the moon merely reflect the mood of the sun, having no light of it’s own? Monday, I hope you have a splendid one. Mine will move forward better for a cafetière of koffy.

upload_2022-4-18_8-1-6.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.10am FBG 5.8
Did any of you know that Lemon Meringue Pie is a traditional Easter dessert in France? This is because the yellow and white colours are apparently meant to remind us of eggs. Not the chocolate variety which are currently ubiquitous, but eggs in their natural form.
Yesterday was another busy day socially, some new friends called round with chocolates for the children. Sadly one is allergic, so huge bounty for someone else. Too much temptation for me as well. Bag of goodies will have to disappear.
New friend shares name with houseguest, so some fun with that. Other friends brought simnel cake and colours for decorating eggs, a far more complex operation than expected.
The Russian Easter Bread baked last night was extremely pretty and was well received, plenty left for today as well. I have sent photo to nearest neighbour, hoping to tempt her to visit. ( we have planned trip to UK in two weeks so houseguests will be home alone for a few days) need her on board in case of emergency. Others are prepared to help, but all live some distance away. Local help would be great.
The men occupied themselves setting up a rope swing and then settled down at a nearby table with beer in hand, taking it turns to activate the swing with occupant unwilling to disengage even after some considerable time. MrSlim used the time well and child can now count to five (in english) displaying relevant number of fingers each time.
BBQ lunch, everybody totally stuffed.
Oh no! Am nearly out of coffee! On a public holiday! Argh and very low on tea....
@dunelm am amazed at amount of activities crammed into one day. Not at all surprised at instant sleep of grandchildren after that lot.
@jjraak wound is still tender, yes. But its good to have reason to mention him again. I have recently refused to adopt a healthy cat offered by some people having difficulty with taking it to UK. ( they did get it in eventually, bloody Brexit now means three months quarantine for pets) So not sure if I will take on another yet. Consider this, it was decades since my last cat. Errant was special, cannot be replaced and it would be unfair to keep comparing any other cat to him. Also MrSlim does not want a cat.
Odds are not good at the moment.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on what looks to be another bright and shiny day here in the dark and dangerous north
They came, and now they have gone. A monster week of fun and frolics interspersed with episodes of ‘tidy up time’ and hoovering up food like a plague of locusts. So quiet this morning - no noises on the stairs and no three course breakfasts to look forward to. Still, I managed to finish my book and by the looks of it, some meagre dregs, tantalisingly murmuring from the depths of something bottled 10 years ago neat Pitlochry by the three men of Edradour and that turned up at the house one Christmas Day.
Art, does the moon merely reflect the mood of the sun, having no light of it’s own? Monday, I hope you have a splendid one. Mine will move forward better for a cafetière of koffy.

View attachment 54217
Peace and quiet reigns for you @dunelm for awhile...

Love the Art with the red moon.
Cold and icy here...

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone at whatever stage of the day this passes your eyes. Cooler here today and seemingly for the rest of the week. I'm not using Swipey just now - new one in the Bank Holiday Post - but I am following all the LC/Dirty Keto protocols I can live with without making other people's lives a nightmare. @Jojo85 great fbgs and Easter so far sounds as though it was as intended and then some. @dunelm thanks for the art which when viewed alongside Edradour put me in mind of LOTR. Bitter sweet feelings with grandchildren leaving I would guess but some memories to treasure. @SlimLizzy so much going on and so much of the Easter message in that post and yesterday's events. B Brexit? According to Stuart Lee (yesterday's Guardian, well worth a read) some of the countryside actually looks like that due to this. We had two grandchildren here for a while yesterday, two others made two virtual appearances, and the rest phoned (via their watches). MIL had lunch and watched a Sci fi film with JKP . Today we and MIL are invited to lunch with No 1 son and family. This type of event is a nightmare/impossible to pull off well for me. So important for my family but impossible - for me anyhow- to feel comfortable. Take my own food, almond milk, cream or ostentatiously just drink water/fast? Enjoy your day safely especially those in the land of stunt a day aka Operation save Big Dog where there should be a government. How long can this farce continue?

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I can smell a cooked breakfast wafting through my open door into the garden...

gennepher's cat diner is busy this morning with four footed, then various two footed, then the parade of the gingers with each ginger stopping by my open bedroom door into the garden to have a conversation with me. One ginger has hypnotic green eyes, and the straightest of white whiskers sticking out at the side of his head like an aeroplane...

Creative today is one of the illustrations from my memories for the grandkids and my kids. I am just 17. I have passed my car driving test. And with the aid of this blue Vespa (and maybe my mini dress which I made myself), I passed my full motorcycle licence! I knew the correct answers to every one of the examiner's questions. No helmet was needed in those days...

Let us hope the sun actually comes out and shines properly today. My fingers are icy cold typing this...
Coffee needed.
Diner needs replenishing.
Have a good day.

69199C09-D504-4D9D-B988-D0C49140759A.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

I can smell a cooked breakfast wafting through my open door into the garden...

gennepher's cat diner is busy this morning with four footed, then various two footed, then the parade of the gingers with each ginger stopping by my open bedroom door into the garden to have a conversation with me. One ginger has hypnotic green eyes, and the straightest of white whiskers sticking out at the side of his head like an aeroplane...

Creative today is one of the illustrations from my memories for the grandkids and my kids. I am just 17. I have passed my car driving test. And with the aid of this blue Vespa (and maybe my mini dress which I made myself), I passed my full motorcycle licence! I knew the correct answers to every one of the examiner's questions. No helmet was needed in those days...

Let us hope the sun actually comes out and shines properly today. My fingers are icy cold typing this...
Coffee needed.
Diner needs replenishing.
Have a good day.

View attachment 54218
That young lady in your creative looks full of joy and so determined to tackle ilfe on her own terms. Turns out she grew into an amazing, caring lady. Thanks for sharing, caring and daring. #beaconofhope

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That young lady in your creative looks full of joy and so determined to tackle ilfe on her own terms. Turns out she grew into an amazing, caring lady. Thanks for sharing, caring and daring. #beaconofhope
Thank you @ianpspurs for the beautiful compliments.
She did tackle life on her own terms, and still does...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wound is still tender, yes. But its good to have reason to mention him again. I have recently refused to have a healthy cat offered by some people having difficulty with taking it to UK. ( they did get it in eventually, bloody Brexit now means three months quarantine for pets) So not sure if I will take on another yet. Consider this, it was decades since my last cat. Errant was special, cannot be replaced and it would be unfair to keep comparing any other cat to him. Also MrSlim does not want a cat.

I hear that, @SlimLizzy

I'm of the opinion, that no one is ever truly gone if we speak of them with love .

It's those moments that bring a smile, rather then a tear, that help remind us we may have accepted it, but they are always in our heart & never forgotten xx

When we lost our Belle's I was I'll admit heartbroken
I was maybe the last of us to fall in love with her, but she carved out a place in my heart with her funny little ways and loving nature.

We often speak fondly of her, remembering things she got up to .

Lots on your list to consider for sure.
And most of it sensible from many angles, but the lord moves in mysterious ways .

Who knows, perhaps there's a cat out there right now in need, who'll somehow make themselves known to you soon .

And Mr slim....he got won over before, who's to say it can't happen again ?;)

Glad you & your guests enjoyed the day
Sounded wonderful .

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If there is a point or purpose to my being here then it maybe sharing things like this since I can't actually work out anything else I "do." I was drawn to this part: " the unusual confluence of three of the world’s major religious holidays: Ramadan, Passover and Easter. Such a convergence only occurs three times a century and results in a rare opportunity for believers to observe the similarities of their rituals and beliefs, as opposed to their differences." The whole piece was, imho, very interesting. (I don't think two of them are actually holidays - Ramadan and Lent (Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Eid?) - but there. Of course, there's always the alternative - for Genn
Ta...thanks Ian

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today we and MIL are invited to lunch with No 1 son and family. This type of event is a nightmare/impossible to pull off well for me. So important for my family but impossible - for me anyhow- to feel comfortable. Take my own food, almond milk, cream or ostentatiously just drink water/fast?
That's a really tricky one @ianpspurs. This Easter I decided (for the first time since 2017) not to be as strict as I usually am and I ate a lot more carbs than I would normally. It did give some really wild BS swings. Looking at it logically it is not going to cause me any problems because today I am back on the straight and narrow but I am puzzling over the conundrum - was it really worth it.

I had two deserts and I actually wasn't sure if they were nicer than my raspberries or blueberries sweetened with rather a lot of inulin and mixed into Yeo Valley Greek yoghurt. I think maybe I am a little disappointed that the carbs were nor stunningly delicious.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning. We had such a lovely time with the family and the house is so quiet since they went home.
Yesterday we had a lovely Sunday lunch after the grandchildren's Easter Egg Hunt. My sister and one of her sons also came over and it was such a perfect day.

We are surprisingly tired now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning. We had such a lovely time with the family and the house is so quiet since they went home.
Yesterday we had a lovely Sunday lunch after the grandchildren's Easter Egg Hunt. My sister and one of her sons also came over and it was such a perfect day.

We are surprisingly tired now.
How is your sister.? Yesterday sounds wonderful and your fbg reflected this. As for our family meal, I took a bag of salad, bottle of dressing and carton of almond milk. Son had cooked the lamb in a yogurt based marinade not a Pomegranate glaze. I actually weighed 30 gms trifle - <6 gms carb. How mad/sad is that? Tasted lovely. I felt both smug and ludicrous at the same time.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How is your sister.? Yesterday sounds wonderful and your fbg reflected this. As for our family meal, I took a bag of salad, bottle of dressing and carton of almond milk. Son had cooked the lamb in a yogurt based marinade not a Pomegranate glaze. I actually weighed 30 gms trifle - <6 gms carb. How mad/sad is that? Tasted lovely. I felt both smug and ludicrous at the same time.
Well done with the trifle. I am very impressed with your self control. I don't miss bread, potatoes, rice or pasta at all but trifle is in a different league altogether.
Thank you for asking about my sister. She is coping really well - or is putting on a very brave face when she is with us. Actually it is probably a bit of both.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A neighbour died this afternoon. The air ambulance and two ambulances attended but they couldn't save him. He was such a nice man. Another neighbour will adopt his little dog.​

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.10am FBG 5.8
Did any of you know that Lemon Meringue Pie is a traditional Easter dessert in France? This is because the yellow and white colours are apparently meant to remind us of eggs. Not the chocolate variety which are currently ubiquitous, but eggs in their natural form.
Yesterday was another busy day socially, some new friends called round with chocolates for the children. Sadly one is allergic, so huge bounty for someone else. Too much temptation for me as well. Bag of goodies will have to disappear.
New friend shares name with houseguest, so some fun with that. Other friends brought simnel cake and colours for decorating eggs, a far more complex operation than expected.
The Russian Easter Bread baked last night was extremely pretty and was well received, plenty left for today as well. I have sent photo to nearest neighbour, hoping to tempt her to visit. ( we have planned trip to UK in two weeks so houseguests will be home alone for a few days) need her on board in case of emergency. Others are prepared to help, but all live some distance away. Local help would be great.
The men occupied themselves setting up a rope swing and then settled down at a nearby table with beer in hand, taking it turns to activate the swing with occupant unwilling to disengage even after some considerable time. MrSlim used the time well and child can now count to five (in english) displaying relevant number of fingers each time.
BBQ lunch, everybody totally stuffed.
Oh no! Am nearly out of coffee! On a public holiday! Argh and very low on tea....
@dunelm am amazed at amount of activities crammed into one day. Not at all surprised at instant sleep of grandchildren after that lot.
@jjraak wound is still tender, yes. But its good to have reason to mention him again. I have recently refused to adopt a healthy cat offered by some people having difficulty with taking it to UK. ( they did get it in eventually, bloody Brexit now means three months quarantine for pets) So not sure if I will take on another yet. Consider this, it was decades since my last cat. Errant was special, cannot be replaced and it would be unfair to keep comparing any other cat to him. Also MrSlim does not want a cat.
It was a bit full on

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone at whatever stage of the day this passes your eyes. Cooler here today and seemingly for the rest of the week. I'm not using Swipey just now - new one in the Bank Holiday Post - but I am following all the LC/Dirty Keto protocols I can live with without making other people's lives a nightmare. @Jojo85 great fbgs and Easter so far sounds as though it was as intended and then some. @dunelm thanks for the art which when viewed alongside Edradour put me in mind of LOTR. Bitter sweet feelings with grandchildren leaving I would guess but some memories to treasure. @SlimLizzy so much going on and so much of the Easter message in that post and yesterday's events. B Brexit? According to Stuart Lee (yesterday's Guardian, well worth a read) some of the countryside actually looks like that due to this. We had two grandchildren here for a while yesterday, two others made two virtual appearances, and the rest phoned (via their watches). MIL had lunch and watched a Sci fi film with JKP . Today we and MIL are invited to lunch with No 1 son and family. This type of event is a nightmare/impossible to pull off well for me. So important for my family but impossible - for me anyhow- to feel comfortable. Take my own food, almond milk, cream or ostentatiously just drink water/fast? Enjoy your day safely especially those in the land of stunt a day aka Operation save Big Dog where there should be a government. How long can this farce continue?
Stuart Lee - keeping it mild