Metformin

Jo-pritch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’ve had type 2 for 5 years which I’ve been controlling with diet but now not working, I’ve just been put on 500mg slow release metformin, after 2 weeks I took a reading first thing in the morning and it was still 9.2 how long does it take to start working ?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It should show results within a week or so. Bear in mind that Metformin only ever has a small effect and you may need up to 2000mg to show anything useful. There are other drugs that can be prescribed. If you are slim and have been having a low-carb diet (not low calorie) then being late onset T1 (LADA) is always possible. There are tests to help diagnose that.

5Terry

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being alone and having little or no money to enjoy the hobbies I like to do.
I concerned about that the "Metformin" will have an effect on those medications that I take. I am 60 years old and live on my own and very single, but would like to control my diabetes by the herbal route.
I looking into controlling my diabetes through diet, but looking for advice on which herbal supplement tablets that could be beneficial to as I am and never be into sports. I do a lot of walking one day a week as a volunteer at "IWM Duxford" as the site is just over a mile in size.
I take three other types of medication as well listed else where, but have concerns over the side effects this medication could cause.
Terry

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
You seem to be running two similar threads simultaneously.....?

5Terry

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being alone and having little or no money to enjoy the hobbies I like to do.
I am currently suffering from a very upset stomach, which has triggered me to have panic attacks in a big way. I am supposed to take a "Mirtazapine", but the way my stomach feels at the moment. It is going to be a long night with no sleep.

I really do not know what to do as I live on my own and have no one to talk too. Any useful ideas out there to help me through this situation. HELP!. feeling very scared.

Terry.