Not coping, feel like I'm sinking...

KateS14

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all.

I know that I haven't really been coping with everything since early January - a bit of burnout, constantly tired and sleeping, aches and pains in my back, hardly excercising, not eating anywhere enough but not hungry either, lost too much weight in too short a time... Very down, and argument about it with hubby this afternoon has just about tipped me over the edge.

Strangely enough, blood sugars still fairly steady and largely within limits.

It's just all got into a vicious circle and I can't see a way out at the moment. Have a telephone conversation with GP next week, but not sure what to do to try and help myself in the meantime.

Holllly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We've pretty much all had a ***** couple of years, even without trying to deal with diabetes. Try to be kind to yourself in the meantime? You've done great with getting your BG down.
( I've got a fancy bubblebath and a loooong lie in planned for Saturday for my own mental health.)

Reactions: KateS14

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi all.

I know that I haven't really been coping with everything since early January - a bit of burnout, constantly tired and sleeping, aches and pains in my back, hardly excercising, not eating anywhere enough but not hungry either, lost too much weight in too short a time... Very down, and argument about it with hubby this afternoon has just about tipped me over the edge.

It's just all got into a vicious circle and I can't see a way out at the moment. Have a telephone conversation with GP next week, but not sure what to do to try and help myself in the meantime.

Hiya,
please talk to someone anyone you can confide in, you need to break this cycle, you need help!
you have made the first step by posting this!
if you haven't got someone, reach out to one of the services such as Samaritans, don't say this lightly, you need to phone or talk to your partner! If you can!
I really do know how you feel, there is a future, do not blame yourself, you are getting knocked again and again, and you can't cope! I have been there, and I can tell you, peop!e do care and they w will listen and help!
this is for now, seek help!
I know it's hard, but please do it, get help, don't let this make you have bad decisions!
Keep safe
Let us know what happens

KateS14

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you both. Today was so low, it helps to know there are other people out there. Can't talk to OH, but glad I can post here and know I'm not alone.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had times, some very protracted, when I've been down.
While waiting for your gp appointment there are several self help thing you can do. Ideas in the links here
https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/fe...ngs-and-symptoms/low-mood-sadness-depression/
And there's the everyday little things too, like fresh air, sleep, a coffee with a friend, a podcast to listen to, give yourself a manicure, hug a tree...whatever floats your boat

Dinet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I started reading your post and i thought it was the echo of my own thoughts.
You r definitely not alone.
Don't draw conclusions on how well or badly u r doing when u r having bad days, just try to "ride the wave".
that s what i try to do -not always successfully, of course.

Reactions: Lamont D and jjraak

LMbee

Saw your post and just sat here thinking this is literally me just off the title! Only good thing for you is your sugars are good, mine are awful!

Can you not ask them to do a face to face appointment instead of telephone? Might make you feel abit better! I have a face to face one tomorrow

Ryankay94

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.

What medication are you taking? I was taking Gliclazide, and ever since ive been taken off that i have felt great! I dont know if it is the introduction of insulin, but i feel great everyday! Hope you feel better soon x

KateS14

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @LMbee and @Ryankay94 .

It turns out that I had a life threatening (and rare) complication of a kidney infection, which certainly wasn't helping matters one jot. Following an emergency hospital admission and surgery after I posted this, that is now under control and being monitored. It has also leading to a possible diagnosis of ovarian cancer, which may be the underlying issue which caused the kidney complications - test going on at the moment...

I actually feel much better now that the kidney issues are under control.

I have had an awful six months regards my health, diagnosed with two (possibly three) life changing health conditions, all of whose symptoms mimic each other and are pretty nonspecific, so in retrospect it's not surprising I was sinking. At least when I get confirmation from the biopsy scheduled for this week I will know what I'm facing and can tackle it!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry you're having such an awful time @KateS14. That's a lot of things to have to be dealing with all at once. I hope and pray that the biopsy results are negative, and am sending virtual hugs. Take care x

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @LMbee and @Ryankay94 .

It turns out that I had a life threatening (and rare) complication of a kidney infection, which certainly wasn't helping matters one jot. Following an emergency hospital admission and surgery after I posted this, that is now under control and being monitored. It has also leading to a possible diagnosis of ovarian cancer, which may be the underlying issue which caused the kidney complications - test going on at the moment...

I actually feel much better now that the kidney issues are under control.

I have had an awful six months regards my health, diagnosed with two (possibly three) life changing health conditions, all of whose symptoms mimic each other and are pretty nonspecific, so in retrospect it's not surprising I was sinking. At least when I get confirmation from the biopsy scheduled for this week I will know what I'm facing and can tackle it!
One of those posts that warrants both a winner and a a hug sticker.
Hope you do get to the root cause, so it can be dealt with. Loving your positivity now

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Hi all.

Just saying hi and to offer support. I empathise with you but, if there is some brightness, its that your blood sugars appear stable. It might not seem much but its a small victory with all thats going on. I do hope your GP is helpful. Stay safe.