What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices middle bacon, two and cheese omelette, small tin of baked beans, two slices low carb vegimite on toast for breakfast.
Chicken pie form the pie shop, lemon / lime cordail scoop of osmololax mix for smoko.
Liver and bacon savoury gravy mix, veggies for lunch.
Two sausage rolls for supper at six.

Pepper crackers and blue cheese watching Bluestone 4 2 on Prime.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Too much chocolate again today. A big lump of the HC Easter egg and a DGF brownie at some point. I also ordered a bar of the new Montezuma’s peanut butter filled Absolute black, then, so I would qualify for free postage, ordered another ton of chocolate to go with it. I’m a market salesman’s dream!

Fried eggs on lc toast for breakfast.
Cold roast chicken and a lot of the butchers home cooked and pressed brisket. 1/2 avocado, lettuce and mayonnaise.
No dinner as I was still full but the above mentioned chocolate was in there somewhere today.
I will be tuning into the new Tuesday addiction podcasts with Jen Unwin and Dan Greef hoping for some tips.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 slices hm lc soda bread with butter
L: cold roast lamb (quite a lot!). Ff greek with 1 sq chopped 85% choc and 4 chopped almonds
D: omelette with everything - ham, peppers, broccoli, spring onion, 2 cheeses.
Later 1 brandy with soda

Packed and ready to go early tomorrow, still testing negative. We may still get turned back if either of us test positive as its a guided tour. Might be back home by lunchtime!

@maglil55 I used to love hearts of palm when we lived in the US, but then I learned how harmful and wasteful the growing is. I hate to mention it when there is so little we can eat, but environmenty these are very bad

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a slower day today as busy week ahead - so took it steadier while I could! Also got two lots of yoghurt fermenting.they take about 36 hours so need to plan ahead before run out!
Mid am a few spoons of my hm yoghurts with a few fermented berries
Lunch two boiled eggs with two slices of the new SLC loaf toasted and buttered - it’s 0.6 g of carb per slice and I’ve developed a liking for it I didn’t like the first version.luckily got an offer just before Easter so a fair few now in my freezer. Pudding - a spoon of stewed rhubarb and hm yoghurt and four squares of 100% chocolate with mint oil ( this goes well with peppermint tea!)
Mid pm unplanned try of a new nut bar from keto collective - bought a pack to take away that arrived today but somehow had to try one of the new bars! Enjoyed it though and fairly simple ingredients for a processed keto bar.
Dinner venison steak wrapped in pancetta fried in olive oil and butter then rested while cooked field mushrooms and local asparagus delicious served with glass of red wine followed by lc blondie.
Your dinner meal sound delicious.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All. Yesterday I had a thick slice of real bread toasted for breakfast and for lunch after a bad night of upset tummy. Managed a tiny supper of stir fried chicken, chorizo, pepper with crushed traditional broccoli to make it more digestible. Feeling back on track today so had another thin slice white bread toasted. Lunch will probs be scrambled eggs as I have too many and need to move them on. Supper will be two Green Cuisine plant burgers with two large Portobello mushrooms all baked in the oven. Its interesting how different we all are but I know for a fact I don’t have enough enzymes to cope with a lot of meat. I do take Creon enzymes with my food but after a humongous bbq array of meat consumed over Sunday and Monday I had a rude reminder. @MrsA2 hope you get away on hols without any issues. @DJC3 you clearly needed the chocolate hit as much as I needed real toast.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
For breakfast I had some whole wheat cereal with milk. Too much carb, but that's what I felt like having - possibly because I bought it for Em and she hasn't been in for a week, so I decided to use some of it up. Now that she's back at school, she won't be in for breakfast for a good few weeks.

I still have some of the duck left from yesterday's meal and will have that with some more of the pickled red cabbage. No cooking involved, so I should manage it.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 19th)

Breakfast (9am): Black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Gilled pork rib chops with sauteed mushrooms and onions, 0% Greek yogurt with keto granola and blueberries
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (8pm): Baked chicken wings
Evening Snack (10pm): Small handful of peanuts, two low carb beers

Walked 6.44km to bring my YTD total to 516.09km

RosemaryJackson

Afternoon all. Forgot to get anything out of the freezer to cook for today so for bf it was 2 buttered Ryvitas with Spam and a smidgeon of tomato ketchup. Midday was bacon, eggs, mushrooms and 4 cherry tomatoes. Evening meal will be 2 cheese on Livlife toast with blueberries and cream for afters. Snack my normal 70% chocolate. Am going to see if I can tolerate the 85%. Found it far too bitter before but hoping my taste buds have changed.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@RosemaryJackson wonder what it is about Spam today - both my caring phone calls with my 91 year old mum today included conversations about her fond memories of Spam and could I manage to buy some for her! She was talking about how during the war you couldn’t get bacon so her mum fried Spam instead and my mum wanted to try it again! As she’s now in stage 4 of kidney disease we are encouraging her to have treats! - I’m now tasked with getting hold of some! I wasn’t a fan as a child so don’t feel I’ll be replacing bacon with Spam anytime soon! I send her groceries weekly from Ocado and her carer puts it away but - of course - Ocado doesn’t seem to stock it so will have to source and take up on my next visit! @RosemaryJackson where did you find yours?
Between conversations about Spam I ate:
Mid am a few spoons of hm yoghurts
Lunch two eggs scrambled in butter with one slice of lc bread followed by hm yoghurt with a few berries and three squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner hm passata with venison meatballs and glass of red wine followed by lc coffee and walnut cake.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: kedgeree made with cauli rice followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@RosemaryJackson wonder what it is about Spam today - both my caring phone calls with my 91 year old mum today included conversations about her fond memories of Spam
Earworm activated in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... GO!

Picture of my meal before plating, looks much better that way. :D
Haven't felt like cooking in the past few days, so pretty proud of myself I made a real meal today!
It's enough for at least four days, so no worries about what I'll eat in the next few days either. :happy:

From bottom to top: Cauliflower purée, fried onions and minced meat, cauliflower, cheese sauce, parmesan black pepper/smoked paprika/mace powder.
The cheese sauce is a traditional bechamel based sauce. No problem, seeing as it has only one heaped tablespoon of flour and some milk spread over several days, which still makes this a very low carb dish.
I have tried some flourless cheese sauces in the past, but I like the bechamel based ones best so I'll stick to that.

278833360_10225411067137964_8864465397044123727_n.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Earworm activated in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... GO!

Picture of my meal before plating, looks much better that way. :D
Haven't felt like cooking in the past few days, so pretty proud of myself I made a real meal today!
It's enough for at least four days, so no worries about what I'll eat in the next few days either. :happy:

From bottom to top: Cauliflower purée, fried onions and minced meat, cauliflower, cheese sauce, parmesan black pepper/smoked paprika/mace powder.
The cheese sauce is a traditional bechamel based sauce. No problem, seeing as it has only one heaped tablespoon of flour and some milk spread over several days, which still makes this a very low carb dish.
I have tried some flourless cheese sauces in the past, but I like the bechamel based ones best so I'll stick to that.

Looks amazing.
Ps I am also singing the spam song after @shelley262 ‘s post

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you managed to get away today @MrsA2
@shelley262 I notice you’ve been having a lot of game meat recently, do you get it from a local supplier? I’ve started getting game boxes from Wild and Game and have been really impressed so far, especially as they include a recipe booklet, many of the recipes are pretty low carb, or easily adapted. Good luck with sourcing the spam, I agree your mum definitely deserves the treats.
Todays food-
B-2 fried eggs topped with melted cheese, turmeric and ginger sauerkraut.
L- More of the pressed brisket on SLC bread with horseradish and a sliced gherkin. DGF cake.
D- Slow cooker shin of beef in h/m stock, onions and celeriac. Few green beans, glass of red. Only ate a small amount as it felt too wintery a meal for a sunny day. Had cheese and a few M&S seedy crackers instead.
@PenguinMum I’m glad the proper toast helped with your stomach issues. I always fancy toast if I’m off colour. Hopefully now you are back to your normal LC diet things will improve.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: valuator

jape

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

This looks absolutely delicious. In my distorted view, this would pass as a "pizza in a bowl - a deep dish pizza!"

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello from foreign climes... well just across the channel really.
To my amazement we both tested negative and were allowed on our coach tour. Its horticultural based so expecting to see soem wonderful sites/sights
An early start meant no breakfast until about 11 when I had a "nine bar", these are seedy sweet bars recently sold in Morrisons and so far so good on bg (treated myself to a libre to help me stay within limits). Uses real sugar (but just a small amount and was quite filling and satisfying. Think it was 12g carbs per bar.
Definitely tasted better than the "Fulfill" bar that hubby had, that was synthetic and oily tasting to me.

Lunch was a few things packed from home, cheddar, olives and almonds, supplemented with 2 hard boiled eggs from the motorway services

D: far too much wine that was included with our set meal at the hotel. Think the meal was crab cake (tiny portion) plaice with veg and rice (left most of the rice) and cheese. I then had more cheese.
But not enough to to soak up the wine so have a headache now, and can't walk straight.. hic!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette (cooked el scorcho), last of the mushrooms, small tin of baked beans for breakfast.
No smoko as a new Blue Care nurse came late as she could not find the place.
T bone steak, onions, tomatoes, slice of fried fresh pineapple which gave my carbs allowance a bit of a upwards nudge for lunch.
Small container pea and ham soup, two slices toast for supper at six.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@RosemaryJackson wonder what it is about Spam today - both my caring phone calls with my 91 year old mum today included conversations about her fond memories of Spam and could I manage to buy some for her! She was talking about how during the war you couldn’t get bacon so her mum fried Spam instead and my mum wanted to try it again! As she’s now in stage 4 of kidney disease we are encouraging her to have treats! - I’m now tasked with getting hold of some! I wasn’t a fan as a child so don’t feel I’ll be replacing bacon with Spam anytime soon! I send her groceries weekly from Ocado and her carer puts it away but - of course - Ocado doesn’t seem to stock it so will have to source and take up on my next visit! @RosemaryJackson where did you find yours?
Lunch two eggs scrambled in butter with one slice of lc bread followed by hm yoghurt with a few berries and three squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner hm passata with venison meatballs and glass of red wine followed by lc coffee and walnut cake.
Sainsburys stock it. It's about £2,70/20 ish.

RosemaryJackson

I got mine from Tesco. I had it fried but have always found it too salty. During the war you ate what you were given or went without! I bought a tin recently but still find it too salty for me so won't be buying it again. I think most supermarkets would stock it. Hope she enjoys it again!