Sweettooth81

Bloods are still high and not changing. I've written a few posts in this.
Doctor is putting me on one more tablet in addition to the gliclazide.
Linagliptin.... But I have questions.
First I read that it can increase amylase in your blood which is a sugar. How can a pill lower sugar but cause more sugars in your bloods??
Secondly, my bloods haven't gone down with them. A couple of examples
Yesterday I went from 19.5 to 21.3
Today 17.5 and then 17.5 two hours later
Can two medications really not work or am I just weird?

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I took linagliptin for a couple of years as I reduced my HbA1C, since I’ve come off it my bloods have been the same so I think really it was my diet that made the difference.

Reactions: MargaretR

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Linagliiptin is a drug that prevents high spikes after a meal. It creates a better insulin response and helps those with either a weak insulin response or has insulin resistance!
A other way to address your blood glucose levels is to eat fewer carbs, better exercise and generally eat less!
Find your balance of good nutrition that doesn't feed the continuous high blood glucose levels!

Dietdoctor.com is a great resource, as well as our forums low carb forum.

Sweettooth81

I have changed my diet. I eat less, I live on salads and meat for lunch. Haven't had a sandwich, bread, potatos in ages. I don't eat food with added sugars, even cut out fruit which I love.
I have carbs of an evening and pretty much cook everything fresh, which I never used to do all the time.
I don't get the time to exercise I work 7-6 not including travel come home to dinner and tidy up, then more work and in bed exhausted at 10.

Dark Horse

I read that it can increase amylase in your blood which is a sugar.
Amylase is not a sugar. It is an enzyme (so basically a protein) which breaks down starch. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amylase#:~:text=An amylase (/ˈæm,the chemical process of digestion.

Amylase is produced by the salivary glands and the pancreas and has its action in the digestive tract. If there is damage to or blockage within the pancreas, amylase can pass into the bloodstream. causing a raised serum amylase. https://labtestsonline.org.uk/tests/amylase-test